Trouble breaks out as crowd of 1,000 people try to get 200 Pfizer jabs in Sriracha

webfact

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You make it sound that Pfizer was easy to obtain for expats. You were lucky that's all. Vast majority of expats did not receive Pfizer.

You're correct.. I'm registered on Bangkok for Moderna, phizer, and J and J. Not a peep from any of them as to when I can get a jab.  Perhaps by end of the year if I have not caught this bug and died. I'm just shy in 3 of the underlying conditions so can't jump to the front line. He got lucky to get his vaccine already. So many of us see no light in this happening for us anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And STILL waiting !!

Had your first jab? 

Lot of us in Bangkok got their first when they opened appointments at Bang Sue for 60+ and medical conditions.

Only problem with the AZ jab is that the second shot is some 12 weeks later, making it longish process.

The gf obtained her first (AZ) however that was possible due to previous medical issue.

To be fair the place she attended wasn't busy and straightforward.

Bang Sue, the staff did excellent job but it was extremely crowded.

Haven't seen recent pictures of vaccination centers.

15 hours ago, aussienam said:

I could explain away to myself that I am helping to protect others from being infected and that I need Pfizer to travel abroad.  That is true.  But when the deaths of infected unvaccinated Thais continue, I feel guilty and a hypocrite.  

I also received Pfizer about 10 days ago, although not because I am going overseas, which is on the cards next year around middle of the year, that said, I won't forget the "Thai's 1st" policy earlier in the year and there still being that around parts of the country now with farangs reporting that they were sent away. 

My wife who is 40 refuses to get Sinovac followed by AZ, her government has let her down, although I did book us both the Moderna vaccine for October, whereby I will put mine back to March/April as a booster.

When my wife's sister who is 39 found out I received Pfizer shot she immediately said to my wife, I will buy his Moderna shots and pay him off, with my reply to the wife being what about your mum or dad, I would have thought if I wasn't going to sell my Moderna shot I would give it to one of them for free, with my wife saying, I will tell my sister you will think about it but might need it as a booster next year because of your underlying condition.

Now the question has to be asked, is it selfishness, e.g. me 1st or just stupidity as I would put my parents before me.

Do not feel like you are a hypocrite or be guilty for their governments mishandling and selfishness, most Thai's voted them in thinking they would get a better deal, which they have now found out the hard way that they are worse off.

Empathy might be a better word for it. 

Just remember this, if it wasn't for the generosity of the USA, we wouldn't be any better off and in the same boat as the Thai's, don't forget that, thank you America.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, pomchop said:

Meantime in USA there are thousands of TV ads daily  with all kinds of doctors, scientists, celebrities, etc BEGGING people to get a FREE shot, your choice of Pifzer, Moderna, Johnson, at thousands of clinics, pharmacies, state fairs, etc.  Many states offer $100 gift cards or entries into $million lotteries if you will get a shot.  Most often no appointments required and if you can't get to clinic they will come to your house.  After months of begging people to get the shots and readily available data showing over and over that those who get the shots odds of having major problems are a very small percentage of their odds of ending up in hospitals or dying or having major problems....still they refuse and the unvaccinated continue to fill hospitals to overflowing denying ICU beds to the thousands of people who need care for heart attacks etc.  Everyday the news is full of the hospitalized unvaccinated or their relatives bemoaning that they SHOULD have gotten the vaccine.  And now with school starting and kids under 12 can't get the shot their unvaccinated parents infect the kids, shutting down schools and filling more beds then ever with sick kids.

While people like to say "you can't fix stupid" covid does often "fix" stupid.

Maybe the USA should put a deadline that if you don't get the shots by x date we will donate the vaccines to countries like Thailand where people are BEGGING for the shots.  Maybe more insurance companies in USA should also raises rates (which is starting to happen) for unvaccinated rather than raise everyone's rates to cover those who don't trust doctors or science until they get sick then the first place they run to is to doctors and science to save them.

It is a simple fact that the virus spreads exponentially faster among unvaccinated and the more it spreads the more likely it is to mutate into even more deadly, contagious versions causing untold health problems as well economic doom for millions of people.

Not to take the conversation too far off-topic… but you did mention the US and the wide availability of vaccine of choice.

The US seems to have a relatively high proportion of folk who believe the vaccination is dangerous meanwhile these same ‘anti-vax contingent’ are perfectly happy living with other of an irrational mindset carrying lethal firearms & protest in support of that !!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

No ,no they didnt.

Your not suggesting they stacked the voting, surely not, this is Thailand, that's like saying that a General of an army could take the country as a caretaker in a coup, have the constitution changed and then become PM.

Highly unlikely, no, no, no, they voted him in ????

• Haha 1

"This they eventually did though reluctantly meaning the situation calmed down." 

I hope you do not believe in Father Christmas - the situation has not calmed down at all; the anger and frustration is just boiling with a temporary lid on. Make sure that the pressure does not get too big otherwise there might be <deleted> flying all over the place anytime soon ...... and suddenly! 

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 10:06 AM, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife went for her 2nd AZ shot at Emporium a couple of days ago.

It was very busy. Some genius decided to group 3 day’s worth of vaccination on one day in one location (ie. This vaccinated on 7-8-9 June all told you get 2nd shot on 30th !!)

Wife said is was organized but very busy - definitely a potential spreader event. 
Not sure what the logic is behind this policy of crowding ppl together for the vax. 

Spreader event? 

Maybe. 

But, since a few weeks ago, in many countries around the world, for example football stadiums have been full of people (okay, in some cases, only half capacity or so is allowed, but even then, people are crowded together in many sections, and very few have a mask on) . I think both the people and the governments seem to have had enough with Covid restrictions. 

Edited by JemJem

On 9/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

And just as likely not. 

Sure, but it only takes one infected person in that 1000 to spread to just a few others in the queue, who then take it home to the family, who then take it to market, 7/11, gasoline station etc etc.  

On 9/1/2021 at 5:44 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What's the "obvious" reason for refusing a vaccination in favour of nothing if she wants to be vaccinated?

I'm asking, if you get Sinovac will you be refused Pfizer in the near future?

Edited by cdemundo
corrected auto-correct

11 hours ago, cdemundo said:
On 9/1/2021 at 7:44 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

What's the "obvious" reason for refusing a vaccination in favour of nothing if she wants to be vaccinated?

I'm asking, if you get Sinovac will you be refused Pfizer in the near future?

I've no idea.  Why are you asking me?

2 hours ago, vinci said:

those Pfizer are about to expired, you think the American did it in good deed, they wanted to get rid of those old batch of vaccine. 

Well it is free so  I will take it! I am more fussy about the expiry date on my beer bottle!

• Haha 1