After Non-O extension is granted, can I withdraw my 800k?

Never worked for me and I didn't bother to do it because I will exit the country once before the next extension. Why I need waste my time doing in person and take the trouble to mail (are we living in 2021?) so I rather pay them 2000b if they are desperate for it. 

• Confused 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, I guess I messed up then!

My extension was granted 5 Aug 2021 until 29 Aug 2022.

I withdrew 380.000 last week, thinking I would be fine with 400K for sure.

I was thinking I could withdraw it all until a few weeks before applying again.

So what are my options now?

@Jingthing

What do you mean by "It would be too risky to approach immigration now"?

That means I should not file 90 day reports?

I am thinking of leaving Thailand again in April without a reentry permit, and when I come back around August/September enter Visa Exempt and then apply for a new Non-O.

Would that be possible? Should I still fill up the account again to 800k now?

22 minutes ago, Barley said:

@Jingthing

I am thinking of leaving Thailand again in April without a reentry permit, and when I come back around August/September enter Visa Exempt and then apply for a new Non-O.

That should work. There are rumors that some IOs have asked for bank statements for 90 days but that would be unusual. If you have the money, the best plan is to deposit 800k and forget that it is there.

Extending next year could be an issue. Make sure to cancel your visa on the way out. That will  allow you to apply for a new visa. Another solution would be to buy an elite. You would not have to leave for that.

• Like 2

I used to have a non-O visa for years.  Last year I returned to the US and had to reapply and get a non-OA visa to return to Thailand.  I may return to the US before I have to renew the non-OA visa.  Can I come back on a tourist visa and then apply for a non-O visa?  I have trouble getting insurance and have had 800,000+ baht in the bank for several years.  Is this plan workable or are there downside I am not aware of.  I would prefer to avoid Visa agents unless absolutely necessary to stay in the country.  I am not sure about canceling non-OA  visa if I leave the country.

45 minutes ago, Barley said:

@Jingthing

90 day reports are unrelated so you can keep doing those.

You described starting over. If starting over, your old banking history is irrelevant. Prepare to comply with the rules for starting over.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Srjs said:

Is this plan workable or are there downside I am not aware of.

Yes, no downside.

3 minutes ago, Srjs said:

I am not sure about canceling non-OA  visa if I leave the country.

Don't need to do anything, just don't get a reentry permit.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2

Withdraw the money as you wish.  On your next extension date just use an agent and pay the 15-20K fee to get it extended. Do the 90 day reports online or in person, up to you.  Don't bother going to show them your "money in the bank" proof every 3 months that Chonburi and others ask for, it's not necessary - I haven't bothered since they introduced it and no problems.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Don't bother going to show them your "money in the bank" proof every 3 months that Chonburi and others ask for, it's not necessary - I haven't bothered since they introduced it and no problems.

As far as I am aware, there are no penalties for this. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Withdraw the money as you wish.  On your next extension date just use an agent and pay the 15-20K fee to get it extended. Do the 90 day reports online or in person, up to you.  Don't bother going to show them your "money in the bank" proof every 3 months that Chonburi and others ask for, it's not necessary - I haven't bothered since they introduced it and no problems.

That is false information about Chonburi immigration at Jomtien. 

They only require ONE show money visit to show the 800k three months after the extension. This is formally demanded in a document that they give most bank method applicants.

There has not been a demand to show up EVERY three months to show back balance.

The 400k  compliance is then later  checked at the next application with your full previous year banking record.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Barley said:

Ok, I guess I messed up then!

My extension was granted 5 Aug 2021 until 29 Aug 2022.

I withdrew 380.000 last week, thinking I would be fine with 400K for sure.

I was thinking I could withdraw it all until a few weeks before applying again.

So what are my options now?

If you have done that then your Visa extension is canceled and you will be on overstay , it is common knowledge that /as a condition of your granting your 12 month extension that the full 800,000 must remain in your bank account for a full 3 months . After you can withdraw your money but must leave 400,000 in the account.

• Sad 1

I use the alternate monthly income method which ties up much less. I simply transfer from my US bank to the same Thai bank account 65,000 - 67,000 baht, depending on exchange rate, on appx the same date every month. As long as that deposit shows every month to verify the monthly income requirements I qualify for my non O 1 year extension. I have done this 3 times now, since they stopped accepting the verification affidavit from embassies. . My social security income is $1400 US per month, so I have to earmark about $700 to add to that before I make the transfer of one lump sum in the correct amount. After I make the transfer, I then send the $700 back to the US account to await the next transfer. That way I am only tying up $700 permanently, and there are no restrictions at all on how much I can use or withdraw after the "income" deposit is made. When I am in the US I transfer most of the income back to the US for living expenses, after paying rent on my Bangkok apartment. In your case, at the time of your extension, you start making the 65,000 baht deposit into your Thai bank account as of the first month of the next one year period. At your next extension application you bring a one year bank statement which you obtain two weeks in advance from your bank. So in your case, 65,000 baht minus whatever your actual income is, gives you an amount you must keep on hand (much less than 800,000 baht and no restrictions on withdrawing or transferring it) which once a month you can combine and deposit once a month into the same account . Since you don't know me personally if you would like to verify the efficacy of this method beyond doubt you could probably consult a law firm about it. But logic dictates that it should be foolproof. All immigration wants is to see that monthly income number appear consistently in an account for one year. In your case you could even simply take 65,000 out of the 800,000 and use that to send back and forth as I described. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Brick Top said:

If you have done that then your Visa extension is canceled and you will be on overstay , it is common knowledge that /as a condition of your granting your 12 month extension that the full 800,000 must remain in your bank account for a full 3 months . After you can withdraw your money but must leave 400,000 in the account.

I advised that he could simply switch to the monthly income method by making 65,000 baht or more appear once a month as a single deposit, and submit a one year bank statement as proof for the next extension. that is the method I have used for my past 3 extensions. So if he got that monthly deposit started immediately he could be OK for next time. 

6 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

Is there not the option for the mixed income method ??? Part of the funds in the bank and part as income.

It is still possible.

But unless you can get proof of the income from you embassy it would require proof of 12 months of transfers from abroad to prove it.

• Like 1

I'm currently in the US and my non-O rolls over in late December. I'm considering no longer having LOS as my base, so do the following: come back early December, renew in Bangkok on the basis that the over 800,000 equivalent (FCD account) has been in the bank since last year's extension, buy one or two re-entry permits, leave in Feb. after sending the $s back to the US, visit once or twice before late 2022, then turn to tourist visas or visa-exempt entries from then on. If I completely change my mind I know an agent I trust who can, for a fee, reset things  in Dec. '22. This is based on the fact that in 4 years I've never known Chaeng Wattana to check my balance between renewals. Any problem?

• Like 1

I like to recycle method of sending 65k, then sending that back out, then resending 65k again the next month.

I’m not talking about what you need to live on, but to comply with rules 65k deposit from overseas per month

The recycle method will help you and your dead 800k earn a little bit more outside of LOS.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 1:53 AM, Jonathan Swift said:

I advised that he could simply switch to the monthly income method by making 65,000 baht or more appear once a month as a single deposit, and submit a one year bank statement as proof for the next extension. that is the method I have used for my past 3 extensions. So if he got that monthly deposit started immediately he could be OK for next time. 

Not correct , well at least it didnt work for me , he has dipped into the 800,000 before the required 3 months , therefore I am thinking is extension is therefore cancelled

41 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

Not correct , well at least it didnt work for me , he has dipped into the 800,000 before the required 3 months , therefore I am thinking is extension is therefore cancelled

Now you bring up an interesting wrinkle. If he's not required to do a show money report after three months his extension is still practically not cancelled until its full expiration date.

Edited by Jingthing

On 9/5/2021 at 12:03 PM, bolt said:

I like to recycle method of sending 65k, then sending that back out, then resending 65k again the next month.

I’m not talking about what you need to live on, but to comply with rules 65k deposit from overseas per month

The recycle method will help you and your dead 800k earn a little bit more outside of LOS.

Don't really see the point. You need money to live on. 65k I suggest is modest amount so what's the point.

Transfer the funds....live from it and repeat following month.

Some immigration offices are wanting to see the source of the funds. Example Pension etc.

Importing money from savings/investments to satisfy the 65k monthly is becoming difficult.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't really see the point. You need money to live on. 65k I suggest is modest amount so what's the point.

Transfer the funds....live from it and repeat following month.

Some immigration offices are wanting to see the source of the funds. Example Pension etc.

Importing money from savings/investments to satisfy the 65k monthly is becoming difficult.

I did say 'I'm not talking about what you need to live on, but to comply ONLY"

• Like 1