Thai Elite ?s for American's

Ive searched all over and cant really find the answer im looking for.. So here is what im trying to figure out. If my fiance ( filiipina)  and i move there, go through the quarantine time and then apply for a thai elite visa,  what would be the consideration of the Thai elite.. its not simply a tourist visa etc, but not a residency visa either.... what were trying to see is if we can move her petition for Fiance visa ( K1) from Manila to Thailand  and having some trouble understanding if we would be able to move it with us having a longer term visa in Thailand...

If anyone has an ideas, we would love your thoughts... she's never been to thailand, but ive lived there and have a condo in Chiang Mai...... Niether of us would be working, so that is not an issue

Thanks

Tex

You would want to apply for an elite before entering due to the long processing time you might face. An elite could give you permission to stay in Thailand for up to twenty years.

Which country would you like a fiance visa for? The US? It is not a Thai visa type. No idea if you can transfer an American application. That is a question for your local US consulate.

Edited by cjinchiangrai

5 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

You would want to apply for an elite before entering due to the long processing time you might face. An elite could give you permission to stay in Thailand for up to twenty years.

Which country would you like a fiance visa for? The US? It is not a Thai visa type. No idea if you can transfer an American application. That is a question for your local US consulate.

Thanks for the response, the reason we would want to wait until we are in country to apply for a Thai elite, is because there is always a chance she doesnt get out of the philllipines.... i would not leave the states until she is already in thailand , so that is one of those things we are trying to sort out

21 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Does ONE Thai Elite visa allow two to stay, or would you need two Thai Elite visas?

There is a membership for a family. But if I recall correctly it requires a couple to be marred to get it.

See: https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-family-premium-membership?locate=en&popup=false

Otherwise it requires 2 Elite visas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JulesMad said:

Why oh why do americans always think they are something special?!?

Some years back at Shanghai airport, US woman loudly berating an old Chinese immigration officer (who spoke excellent English) because there was no special line American citizens. 

And I've seen the same at Hanoi airport.

Edited by scorecard

1 hour ago, JulesMad said:

Sometimes, they actually are offered preferential treatment. An example in Thailand is the Treaty of Amity and Economic Relations between the Kingdom of Thailand and the United States of America which provides special rights and benefits to American citizens who wish to establish their businesses in Thailand. Indirectly, this can also offer some special visa rights.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, texxxan1 said:

what would be the consideration of the Thai elite.. its not simply a tourist visa etc, but not a residency visa either.... what were trying to see is if we can move her petition for Fiance visa ( K1) from Manila to Thailand  and having some trouble understanding if we would be able to move it with us having a longer term visa in Thailand...

Visa regulations at 9 FAM 504 govern where US immigrant visa applications should be made - this normally applies to fiance(e) visas as well.

9 FAM 504.4-8(A)  (U) Determining Place of Application by Residence, Not Country of Nationality

(CT:VISA-1302;   06-16-2021)

a. (U) Background:  Department regulations designate the applicant’s residence as the determining factor for the place of application under normal circumstances...

b. (U) Defining Residence:  INA 101(a)(33) states, in part: The term residence means the place of general abode; the place of general abode of a person means his or her principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent. If an applicant can show that their principal dwelling place is or was in a specified country, the fact that the applicant does/did not have, or intend to have, the status of a lawful permanent resident or any other legal status in that country is not relevant.

"9 FAM 504.4 (U) PRE-APPOINTMENT PROCESSING" https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM050404.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Some years back at Shanghai airport, US woman loudly berating an old Chinese immigration officer (who spoke excellent English) because there was no special line American citizens. 

An isolated but not singular incident. The idiot did not get an APEC card, so she can stand in line. I have little sympathy for the ignorant. On the other hand, there are plenty of ignorant falangs from everywhere. The american tourists are hardly worse than drunken British footballers or arrogant Russian bullies.

Best not to throw stones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

Visa regulations at 9 FAM 504 govern where US immigrant visa applications should be made - this normally applies to fiance(e) visas as well.

9 FAM 504.4-8(A)  (U) Determining Place of Application by Residence, Not Country of Nationality

(CT:VISA-1302;   06-16-2021)

a. (U) Background:  Department regulations designate the applicant’s residence as the determining factor for the place of application under normal circumstances...

b. (U) Defining Residence:  INA 101(a)(33) states, in part: The term residence means the place of general abode; the place of general abode of a person means his or her principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent. If an applicant can show that their principal dwelling place is or was in a specified country, the fact that the applicant does/did not have, or intend to have, the status of a lawful permanent resident or any other legal status in that country is not relevant.

"9 FAM 504.4 (U) PRE-APPOINTMENT PROCESSING" https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM050404.html

Thanks, this helps me out..... as for the other banter.... ignorance is just that lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, charliebadenhop said:

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding, but.....

Does ONE Thai Elite visa allow two to stay, or would you need two Thai Elite visas?

there is a family Thai Elite.... and that is what we plan to use .. you dont have to be married to get it, as ive had a few friends go this route to have thier foreign ( non thai) brides be able to come over.. .especially helps when the woman is younger and has no chance at a retirement visa etc

5 hours ago, JulesMad said:

You would have to be one to ever understand the benefits.  So let the unfortunate and jealous keyboard warriors begin. I'll go get my popcorn.  

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, tonray said:

We have the World Series....ha ha ha ha

Bah! Nine innings per side in about three hours. Much too fast paced. You need to embrace test cricket. Two innings per side, five days set aside for the game, and (unfortunately) sometimes a draw as the game cannot be completed in such a short time.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Bah! Nine innings per side in about three hours. Much too fast paced. You need to embrace test cricket. Two innings per side, five days set aside for the game, and (unfortunately) sometimes a draw as the game cannot be completed in such a short time.

Quite exciting Old Boy,  where is Jeeves with those cocktails? 

10 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

An isolated but not singular incident. The idiot did not get an APEC card, so she can stand in line. I have little sympathy for the ignorant. On the other hand, there are plenty of ignorant falangs from everywhere. The american tourists are hardly worse than drunken British footballers or arrogant Russian bullies.

And it's my choice who I will throw stones at, where deserved in my view. 

17 hours ago, JulesMad said:

Why do people think it important to put Americans in their place (as they see it)? With as many people as America has there are always going to be idiots. Never from your country though. You are lucky.

Always is a big word. Do you really mean always? So always from America and never from your your country. What country is that that has no idiots? I want to move there. That will put one there. 555

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, texxxan1 said:

there is a family Thai Elite.... and that is what we plan to use .. you dont have to be married to get it, as ive had a few friends go this route to have thier foreign ( non thai) brides be able to come over.. .especially helps when the woman is younger and has no chance at a retirement visa etc

This is confusing to me. You say it shows you don't have to be married but then say your friends were married. What am I missing?

On 9/4/2021 at 12:33 AM, BMW Overlander said:

For the same reason as British do.

It is a complex with the Brits in general I think!  Never knew until I got here 15 years ago they in general seem to have a problem.  They are good people but for whatever reason some come across as if their <deleted> don't stink!  ????  Maybe they should just get over that people for a long time just don't see them as Great Brit any longer.  Tea anyone! 

21 hours ago, tonray said:

Quite exciting Old Boy,  where is Jeeves with those cocktails? 

Probably out back with Bubba and the chewing tobacco or should that be on the porch with Miss Elly and a Mint Julep.

Stereotypes abound. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, elgenon said:

This is confusing to me. You say it shows you don't have to be married but then say your friends were married. What am I missing?

You just read wrong lol... I probably didnt say it right, my bad     .   I said that they used this way to bring their brides... IE   they got married once they got to thailand, in our case we want to move to my place in CNX and then transfer her K1 ( fiance visa) to thailand as thailand US embassy is open and would go quicker...

10 hours ago, thailand49 said:

It is a complex with the Brits in general I think!  Never knew until I got here 15 years ago they in general seem to have a problem.  They are good people but for whatever reason some come across as if their <deleted> don't stink!  ????  Maybe they should just get over that people for a long time just don't see them as Great Brit any longer.  Tea anyone! 

I find this funny as i worked for the last 15 years for a big oil British company and had alot of great brit friends and they gave me <deleted> all the time being an American, yet when they wanted to know info or went on vacation.. .The family units always went to the states on holiday...... except the single guys, who always went to Patts lol

• Like 1

Yes a lot of ex-oil types here. I think this might explain the whole Brit. vs Septic negative comments on here?

Birds of a feather....?

Me? Paper industry.

Aussies, Kiwis, South Africans, Swedes, Finns, Canadians. Almost no Americans or Brits. 

On 9/4/2021 at 3:47 PM, scorecard said:

And nobody form any other country has ever acted like an asszole.

Ever.

On 9/4/2021 at 4:15 AM, cjinchiangrai said:

Ditto.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, texxxan1 said:

You just read wrong lol... I probably didnt say it right, my bad     .   I said that they used this way to bring their brides... IE   they got married once they got to thailand, in our case we want to move to my place in CNX and then transfer her K1 ( fiance visa) to thailand as thailand US embassy is open and would go quicker...

To be clear, at what point will they apply for Elite visa for girl? I'm confused.

12 hours ago, elgenon said:

To be clear, at what point will they apply for Elite visa for girl? I'm confused.

in my case, i want to apply once she is in Thailand already... to ensure we are not wasting time, as many pinay girls get offloaded on the planes and are not allowed to leave the phillipines