Thai PM survives no confidence vote as more anti-government protests planned

webfact

A picture is worth a thousand words, is it not?...

Prayut in his tidy whitey's...like a virgin, white as snow...

Those behind him taking care not to encroach beyond his forefront lest they be cast into eternal damnation...(just look at their eyes, ensuring his a$$ is in front of them).

All that said, what a surprise (JOKE) he survived the NC vote. ????????????

Edited by DBath

This is NOT over but just the beginning. Not only Prawit was plotting against Prayut but Anutin was hard lobbying for Prayuts job.

He may have survived the vote but internal problems are about to begin.

If Prayut is as powerful as some like to think, we should see some big heads rolling in the coming weeks. If no heads rolling, i suspect he will serve out his term and then be replaced.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

This is NOT over but just the beginning. Not only Prawit was plotting against Prayut but Anutin was hard lobbying for Prayuts job.

If Prayut is as powerful as some like to think, we should see some big heads rolling in the coming weeks. If no heads rolling, i suspect he will serve out his term and then be replaced.

Replaced by whom? 

5 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Replaced by whom? 

As i said, Anutin has been lobbying very hard for the position and also Prawit was plotting to put Tamanat in Prayuts place.

Though i have a feeling both were not favored by the top, so have to wait and see 

• Like 2

Hopefully keep up the pressure.

Obvious the Prime Minister and his cronies will have to be shown the door by force.

....and they know this.  And

When its over, its over for them!  Many are going to be in serious trouble.

16 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Hopefully keep up the pressure.

Obvious the Prime Minister and his cronies will have to be shown the door by force.

....and they know this.  And

When its over, its over for them!  Many are going to be in serious trouble.

I'm going to go out on a limb to guess that you [et al] probably don't fully understand how things work here - contemporarily as well as historically.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I would donate all of my 2,000,000+ hotel and airline points for the opportunity to come up behind him, grab his underwear and pull it up over his head!!!

It would have to be in front of his entire cabinet, though. Otherwise, no deal...

Edited by DBath

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb to guess that you [et al] probably don't fully understand how things work here - contemporarily as well as historically.

Prawits plan/plot got exposed before its time and this is why plan/plot failed. If Prayut does not or can not get rid off Prawit, it is highly unlikely  Prawit will stop.

This time round, Anutin backed Prayut, but if Prawit strikes a sweet deal with Anutin then Prayut is done, because once Bhumjaithai leaves coalition, it spells the end of Prayut and majority government.

And striking this deal would not be too hard if Prawit would guarantee Anutin the position of PM.

Prawit is a snake and may well do just that and later play other party members to replace Anutin with his own choice.

This is why it is so interesting to see what Prayut will do next in regards to Prawit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The headline for it itself is already tendentious: „survived“ …

The rest of the article is also typical framing:

12 hours ago, webfact said:

with security forces using tear gas, water cannon and rubber bullets against protesters who threw stones and firecrackers.

Those poor protesters!

… no word from burning cars, even kids carrying a gun, and others delivering buckets full of pingpong-bombs, filled with blackpowder.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bernietravelling said:

The headline for it itself is already tendentious: „survived“ …

The rest of the article is also typical framing:

Those poor protesters!

… no word from burning cars, even kids carrying a gun, and others delivering buckets full of pingpong-bombs, filled with blackpowder.

And no word from you about the fact that the democratic way to solve such crises, free and fair elections, is absolutely excluded!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Actually, considering that Prawit has always been Prayut's boss (at this level, there are or course higher level bosses), it would mean that Prayut would accept to play the fuse role. So It's likely it would be solved  by a promotion to a higher circle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

With 250 bought and paid for members, there was never any chance of a censure. Only 14, who were not owned, voted to support him. Says alot. 

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

With 250 bought and paid for members, there was never any chance of a censure. Only 14, who were not owned, voted to support him. Says alot. 

Oh , It was an open vote for all to see and not a secret cross in a ballot box vote ? So we will know who was for and against and the people will know how their man voted but not that it really matters as the elected officers are outnumbered by the unelected , what a strange political system , neither democratic or communist  politics nor military . Maybe dictatorship ? which need not be a bad thing as long as the dictator has good intentions for the populus , not corrupt , has open book politics and is trying to reunite the country towards an uninterrupted spell of governance when elected by way of a democratic vote by the people . How is the outside word reacting to Thai politics of today as it has been said the some nations were keeping a close eye on both Thailand's political agenda and currency values. U.S.A. for one .

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Another kick in the balls for the freedom and democracy index

They really got to want it. Speaking as a teacher, I can honestly relate and say there isn't much you can do, if the student or those you try to help aren't interested or participate. For this reason we wasted 20 years in Afghanistan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

And no word from you about the fact that the democratic way to solve such crises, free and fair elections, is absolutely excluded!

I can appreciate your intent, but you shouldn't expect free and fair elections any time soon - 

2 hours ago, superal said:

Oh , It was an open vote for all to see and not a secret cross in a ballot box vote ? So we will know who was for and against and the people will know how their man voted but not that it really matters as the elected officers are outnumbered by the unelected , what a strange political system , neither democratic or communist  politics nor military . Maybe dictatorship ? which need not be a bad thing as long as the dictator has good intentions for the populus , not corrupt , has open book politics and is trying to reunite the country towards an uninterrupted spell of governance when elected by way of a democratic vote by the people . How is the outside word reacting to Thai politics of today as it has been said the some nations were keeping a close eye on both Thailand's political agenda and currency values. U.S.A. for one .

Traditional Oligarchy/Plutocracy might be a decent fit. 

And works extremely well for those who might be a part of the club. 

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You really would do have to do something almost unimaginable here to lose such a vote, when you have so many unelected MP's in your pocket.

Shameful, but absolutely expected result, yet they wonder why the masses are on the streets protesting.

Which I think will now escalate... and possibly go nationwide, not just Bangkok.

Maybe the Pm & Co think that now the censure debacle has gone things will quieten down.

People are still out of work, the economy is still in tatters, people are still waiting for vaccines, people are still dying.

Nothing has gone away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Which I think will now escalate... and possibly go nationwide, not just Bangkok.

Maybe the Pm & Co think that now the censure debacle has gone things will quieten down.

People are still out of work, the economy is still in tatters, people are still waiting for vaccines, people are still dying.

Nothing has gone away.

Perfect recipe for an unified and covert revolution. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

The only way to get them out is millions on the streets and not thousands together with a National Strike.  Make them bring the Army out to start shooting people in the full glare of World Publicity and something has to give.

I still think he would survive no matter what this megalomaniac does, he is kept there buy a higher authority than we can mention, IMO.

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You really would do have to do something almost unimaginable here to lose such a vote, when you have so many unelected MP's in your pocket.

Shameful, but absolutely expected result, yet they wonder why the masses are on the streets protesting.

Correct me if Im wrong but I don't think those 250 unelected seats took part in this vote did they?