Attend and organize drinking parties and face arrest, reiterates RTP spokesman

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Deputy Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Siriwat Deephor said there had been many cases in recent days of people - even monks - organising illegal parties especially those involving food and alcohol.

Officers of the RTP had been subjected to four language and resistance and they were only doing their job, reported Daily News.

They were trying to stop the spread of Covid-19 and were following the law and he called on the people to do likewise and respect the RTP and the anti Covid-19 measures.

He warned that those engaging in illegal activity will be prosecuted and asked for the public to be the eyes and ears to help the force by calling 191 to report infractions. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Not gonna lie, I had little interest in the temples and elephants. Thailand's main selling points for me were the drinking and parties. This really is a bum deal.

Life does not always go the way you want. Its a bum deal for everyone but more so for those that love drinking and parties. I would love to see things get back to normal. Being able to go out and shop normally go to other provinces. Fly back to the home country or have my parents here without those 14 days of time wasting in quarantine.

So your not the only one.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes but no alcohol to be present, including lesser numbers.

Awesome, so my 25 person cuddle parties (soft drink only of course) are still legal then.    Glad to be doing my bit to stop the spread of covid by having these instead of opening a bottle of wine with the girlfriend, which of course is dangerous and illegal.   

• Haha 1

Just now, James105 said:

Awesome, so my 25 person cuddle parties (soft drink only of course) are still legal then.    Glad to be doing my bit to stop the spread of covid by having these instead of opening a bottle of wine with the girlfriend, which of course is dangerous and illegal.   

Keep doing your bit.....

Ah nothing says Thailand opening for tourism like good old prohibition.

But, If you do have a drink, should you bring the bottles in a plastic bag to save time and reduce single use plastic waste for when you're arrested by the police?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

parties especially those involving food and alcohol.

The Thai obsession of alcohol I don't understand, but now that even food is targeted is very special...It seems that sexparties are allowed, because there is no food and with coke cola it is allowed 

38 minutes ago, James105 said:

Are you into wife swapping parties etc?

Asking for my next door neighbor.

28 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

The Thai obsession of alcohol I don't understand, but now that even food is targeted is very special...It seems that sexparties are allowed, because there is no food and with coke cola it is allowed 

But you may have to wear a mask whilst bonking!

58 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

In the interest of public education, for those with no experience in the 7th Century, the official name for the Mutawwa is:

The Committee for the Preservation of Virtue and the Elimination of Vice

They once rushed back a few dozen schoolgirls into a burning dormitory, because 'females are not allowed outside without a close male relative'.

Thirty-seven young girls were burned alive.  I guess the 'faithful' can take solace in the fact their virtue was preserved.

No booze during the pandemic isn't quite as bad, all things considered.

Alcoholic’s Paradise. I made a fortune. Mind you £75 for a bottle of JW Black for Christmas was worth it.

4 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

"Reopening Thailand".

One step forward, three steps back!

They just can't help themselves - put them in front of a camera with an open microphone and they just have to start throwing their weight around!

Which is considerable in some cases.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

"Reopening Thailand".

One step forward, three steps back!

They just can't help themselves - put them in front of a camera with an open microphone and they just have to start throwing their weight around!

I've always said....you are never more than 20' away from a Thai with a PA system.