Thailand reports 13,821 new COVID-19 cases and 241 more deaths

webfact

10 minutes ago, James105 said:

Only in the same way that a lock can "prevent" a determined burglar from entering your home, which in normal English means that a lock cannot "prevent" a burglar from entering your home.      

99% of Covid deaths in the US are unvaccinated people. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, James105 said:

Only in the same way that a lock can "prevent" a determined burglar from entering your home, which in normal English means that a lock cannot "prevent" a burglar from entering your home.      

Maybe it's just the difference between being a glass-half-full or a glass-half-empty person.

Edited by LosLobo

2 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I think it's just the difference between being a glass-half-full and a glass-half-empty person.

Not really, but maybe if I had been more explicit and said vaccines cannot "completely" prevent transmission it would have avoided a number of arguments ????

My original point was just asking if anyone knew how many people in Phuket in hospital or dying were vaccinated vs unvaccinated as I would quite like to know and was already answered.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Try around the Business and Banking districts here in Sathorn.  Rama 4 Road was packed and is still packed same with Sathorn Thai Rd, and Silom.  MRT exit at Lumpini near the Q house is packed with people exiting the station and standing in que at those food vendors as well.  Moto Taxi Que doing a good business as well. Freeway is also fairly busy from my perch, where last week at this time it was pretty empty..

20210907_085150.jpg

That photo is not busy, looks like a Sunday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are misinforming people. 

Vaccines greatly reduce infection rates among the vaccinated. If you are not infected, you cannot spread the virus. 

You know who does spread the virus? The unvaccinated. And still there are people who choose to die rather than be vaccinated. 

What is it with you people?  All I was asking is how many people dying/hospitalised in Phuket were vaccinated vs unvaccinated as (and read this part slowly and carefully) "fully vaccinated people cannot completely prevent transmission or infection" so it is expected that people will still spread and catch the virus.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

What is it with you people?  All I was asking is how many people dying/hospitalised in Phuket were vaccinated vs unvaccinated as (and read this part slowly and carefully) "fully vaccinated people cannot completely prevent transmission or infection" so it is expected that people will still spread and catch the virus.   

As a testimony to the efficacy of vaccines, in the Phuket Sandbox  with over 27,000 vaccinated arrivals only  0.2% subsequently tested positive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

the daily cases and daily deaths graphs don't match up at all

right, i keep waiting for the daily death number (7 day average) to go down.  but it hasn't.  i guess the good news is that it is not going up.  it has been stuck at around 250 but the most recent was 235 (7 day average).  the graph/chart is just starting to turn down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 718 new cases today and 7 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (265), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (104), and Si Racha (122). There are 13,722 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1435031446071111681

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/07/chonburi-reports-718-new-covid-19-cases-with-7-deaths/

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

6:40 am traffic.  Guess I should have taken it at 9am

0640 is usually jammed on the highways weekdays (pre covid) so that still looks light.  Not sure if taking it at 9am would have made much difference as I was on my way in to central world just before then and traffic was still good on the highway sections i was on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

With only 12% of the populations fully vaccinated and opening up the Country you would logicly

expect numbers to increase not decrease. Something Fishy going on?

it does seem like the number of cases should go up as lockdown restrictions are eased.  some areas of the country have higher vax rates than others.  bangkok is an example, maybe the increases will not be overly excessive since they have a vax rate higher than other areas.  deaths could be reduced, i sure hope that comes to be true.

• Like 1

Journey to job-starved Thailand or brave financial pinch at home – migrant workers face up to Covid double bind

Due to the recent outbreak of Covid-19 in Thailand, tens of thousands of Cambodian migrant workers have returned home out of fear of the disease and in many cases due to the loss of their jobs.

Some returning migrants have brought Covid-19 along with them, including the highly contagious Delta variant, prompting the government to institute a number of policy changes in response.

In just one week, a total of 3,440 workers returned via official and unofficial points of entry, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Cambodia said on September 6.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national-post-depth/journey-job-starved-thailand-or-brave-financial-pinch-home-migrant-workers-face

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Don Mueang International Airport estimates 30,000 to 40,000 passengers per day during the high season at the year-end after air travel restrictions were lifted earlier this month

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005807

And my mom expected me to be beautiful and find a Hi-So wife.

Sorry mom for letting you down.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Journey to job-starved Thailand or brave financial pinch at home – migrant workers face up to Covid double bind

Due to the recent outbreak of Covid-19 in Thailand, tens of thousands of Cambodian migrant workers have returned home out of fear of the disease and in many cases due to the loss of their jobs.

Some returning migrants have brought Covid-19 along with them, including the highly contagious Delta variant, prompting the government to institute a number of policy changes in response.

In just one week, a total of 3,440 workers returned via official and unofficial points of entry, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Cambodia said on September 6.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national-post-depth/journey-job-starved-thailand-or-brave-financial-pinch-home-migrant-workers-face

Job-starved Thailand??

When they go to work, tell them to put their phone in their locker and suddenly, you need only 1/10 of the workforce.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

As long as you acknowledge that vaccinated people are far less likely to spread the virus, I am okay. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I think there is a misunderstanding... The vaccine prevents that you are getting serious ill from the covid virus.. It will not protect you to get infected, only IF you are infected you will less ill. That is why you have to keep your masks on because you can be infected and spread  and infect other people. If you read the statement that you have to sign when are vaccinated it is also clearly written.. So not only unvaccinated  but also fully vaccinated people can infect others. If you don't believe this there is a lot to find if you google

Wrong. 

The vaccine helps prevent infection. 

• Like 1