Pattaya moving on plan

bookstore

hahahaha how in <deleted> would this be policed given the amount of local traffic coming in and out of Pattaya daily.

are they really considering <deleted> over locals for a hand full of possible tourists.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

Its just a plan like zillions of other plans before that.

You need to realise that there is a new plan almost daily and none of the have a chance to becoming reality.

It really does not matter which plan they are using Today. The fact is, that whatever Plan it is will become reality.

There are no acts of God  or anything short of Nuclear War, that will derail the opening of Pattaya or any other Sandbox Scheme.

Phuket Sandbox has too be your marker on this, with the constant flip flops, deceit and Lies.

The efficiency of the Plan chosen will not matter one jot, its all about Kudos, and the famous Face of Thailand, Oh ! and of course, the Money.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tgw said:

If Thailand opens up to vaccinated people, it will soon become the hub for antivaxxers with fake vaccination certificates.

I don't know how it is checked , but in Europe there is a digital certificate which is a QR code which can be scanned and says the status . I am pretty sure most countries got something similar going on , so while there will always be fakes around , same like fake passports , it won't be a lot imho .

• Haha 1

I plan on winning the $400 Million USD Powerball lottery tomorrow night.  I will let you know how that works out.

As for Thailand and Pattaya, well, at some point I think the economic pressures or frustration will drive some changes.  Exactly what, is as predictable as Chuck a Luck dice cage result

4 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I plan on winning the $400 Million USD Powerball lottery tomorrow night.  I will let you know how that works out.

As for Thailand and Pattaya, well, at some point I think the economic pressures or frustration will drive some changes.  Exactly what, is as predictable as Chuck a Luck dice cage result

Don't forget to share your personal details with us so we can all profit of your gains.. ????????????????????????????

6 hours ago, sezze said:

I don't know how it is checked , but in Europe there is a digital certificate which is a QR code which can be scanned and says the status . I am pretty sure most countries got something similar going on , so while there will always be fakes around , same like fake passports , it won't be a lot imho .

A QR code is not a digital certificate.

QR codes can be made to open a specific URL, the fake ones will show a fake website.

Not too easy to spot for untrained security personnel.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, tgw said:

A QR code is not a digital certificate.

QR codes can be made to open a specific URL, the fake ones will show a fake website.

Not too easy to spot for untrained security personnel.

Security personnel don't even bother to check QR code. 

I asked them and they said that they can not have access to every database in the world, since every country has its own and many don't even have QR code.

I went through Security controls in Europe, Doha and Thailand and nobody checked QR code.

They just have a look and, "if it looks like an  official document" (they used those words), they wave you in.

Same when checking in, boarding airplane, entering Thailand, crossing passport control,... nobody checked QR code. 

Edited by Espanol

15 hours ago, treetops said:

To generate a European Digital Covid Certificate you scan a QR Code found on your vaccine record.  It does not open a specific URL.

Yes, a QR code can be scanned to generate a digital certificate, but it's not a digital certificate in itself.

A digital certificate is asymmetrically encrypted and needs connection to a certificate authority to be able to be verified using public key infrastructure.

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

I asked them and they said that they can not have access to every database in the world, since every country has its own and many don't even have QR code.

I went through Security controls in Europe, Doha and Thailand and nobody checked QR code.

They just have a look and, "if it looks like an  official document" (they used those words), they wave you in.

Same when checking in, boarding airplane, entering Thailand, crossing passport control,... nobody checked QR code.

a sad state of things.

as I wrote in another post, I expect Thailand to become the hub of antivaxxers using fake vaccine certificates.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:58 AM, Espanol said:

On 9/16/2021 at 10:05 AM, tgw said:

A digital certificate is asymmetrically encrypted and needs connection to a certificate authority to be able to be verified using public key infrastructure.

In the EU, the ability to read and verify the data exists, and each country has developed their own app for the likes of restaurants etc to use to check in real time.  Some actually generate a certificate while some just show a pass or a fail.  I've got the French and Italian ones on my phone (TousAntiCovid Verif and VerificaC19) which are the latter and also the Irish one (Covid Tracker Ireland) which generates a certificate.

Countries outside the EU do not have the data to do this so can only inspect what they're shown currently.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:33 AM, chaihot said:

The only thing I read was Prayuth walking this back saying something on the order of ... I said we would open local restaurants and businesses; I didn't say anything about foreigners.

Yes.  It's one thing to open bars and restaurants, it's another thing to open a country.