Estate Agent Fees

Oink

I am, reluctantly, having to move back to my home country. First step is to put my house in Pattaya on the market.

Can anyone confirm what is a reasonable percentage I should be paying an agent?

Edited by Oink

Its open to negotiation, with the amount of the downturn in real estate don't be afraid to ask for a lower rate.

My agent started at 5% for my Jomtien condo and accepted 4%. That was in 2019 in a standard market.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Advertise yourself on Facebook Marketplace, 0%

Then wait for every agent known to mankind  to  call you

Indeed....   List yourself as ‘Seller’ so those looking know. 

Agents will simply re-list on Market Place anyway, so you can stipulate a few things: 

1) When you get a call - First question: Are you a buyer or an agent ?

2) Agent - stipulate can only post on their own Website, you already have a Facebook Marketplace Add.

3) Agent will ask if they can be sole agent - Say no. 

4) Agent will ask for xx% (5% in Pattaya) - So no, only allow 3% which is a market average (outside of rip-off area’s) - if the agent doesn’t like that they can walk. 

OR.. if you don’t want Agents list clearly, Agents do not contact me (in English and Thai) - Agents will still contact you, but when you ask if they are an agent you will hear their hesitation. 

56 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed....   List yourself as ‘Seller’ so those looking know. 

Agents will simply re-list on Market Place anyway, so you can stipulate a few things: 

1) When you get a call - First question: Are you a buyer or an agent ?

2) Agent - stipulate can only post on their own Website, you already have a Facebook Marketplace Add.

3) Agent will ask if they can be sole agent - Say no. 

4) Agent will ask for xx% (5% in Pattaya) - So no, only allow 3% which is a market average (outside of rip-off area’s) - if the agent doesn’t like that they can walk. 

OR.. if you don’t want Agents list clearly, Agents do not contact me (in English and Thai) - Agents will still contact you, but when you ask if they are an agent you will hear their hesitation. 

Problem with this is they  will  tell you they have a buyer interested.

11 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Problem with this is they  will  tell you they have a buyer interested.

And... If they do great - you want to sell the property !...

And... if the don’t - its no big deal, they list the property on their site, no issues if you don’t agree for them to be sole agent. 

• Like 1

why not give it to all estate agents and instead of driving yourself mad like some of the above about fair percentage fees just tell them all what you would like to get as a final price?

but realistically you would probably like to get some genuine interest in your property and actually sell it so whether it's 3 or 5% shouldn't be an issue... it's all about selling it right?

Most agents in Pattaya start with 5%, but you can negotiate with them, some have offered me 2%

Please remember, You MUST decide what you want NET after all costs have been paid, tell the agent what you will expect as a minimum, if they sell it for more then good for them but at the very least you’ll get your NET price.

You CANNOT list too many times, make sure the NET end price is confirmed to all, many agents group together just now and split the fee’s.

Tell yourself the NET price, and move on

Edited by bolt