How long does it take to get a C.O.E?

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Did you submit it in person? Can you submit it in person?

Online visa application through their website.  Due to Covid, I don't think they are doing in person visa, it's all online.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bbko said:

After I submitted all the proper paperwork to the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles I had my COE in roughly 24 hours.

As it appears that the network of Thailand Embassies/Consulates worldwide are on the same page. 

The waits aren't long.

Approval process times range [depending on locale] roughly from 4 hours to 48 hours. An average of 12-24 hours.

• Like 1

Thx for answers on this topic.

I have global insurance coverage through my job. What document do I need to obtain from my insurance company as proof of proper insurance?

Sorry, maybe a stupid question? I plan to start my COE application on Friday.

i submitted my COE items to the consulate in Los Angeles and it took 11 business days.  i submitted the items about a month before my travel would commence.  i assume they give priority to applications that require (or request) a quicker turnaround but only a guess on that.  this was mid june 2021.

On the Los Angeles Thai Consulate they are two statements that may be somewhat misleading:

"e-Visa and COE processing time is 15 business day"

"The Certificate of Entry (COE) will be processed within 15 business days"

Which is it?  Could be both?  

The COE  is a simple process if all the required documents are submitted on the first attempt.  The actual Visa application process can be difficult and time consuming. I know this because I did both earlier this year.  I had some difficulties but in the end I got my COE in a week and this includes multiple attempts at uploading documents which were "not readable" by the consulate.  I am about to apply for another COE soon and I expect it within a week.  

The long time covers them if there are delays. That’s not unique to Thailand.

Last time I did the COE in June, it was processed in under 24 hours at the Vancouver, Canada consulate. Returning on an approved extension of stay by reason of marriage. 

On 9/14/2021 at 2:16 AM, bbko said:

After I submitted all the proper paperwork to the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles I had my COE in roughly 24 hours.

I guess the answer is it depends.  I submitted to LA and it took 10 days.  But I applied 30 days in advance, so there was no rush on mine.  I was checking the status every day. Big relief when I got that piece of paper! ????

On 9/14/2021 at 10:36 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Online Visa Application https://www.thaievisa.go.th is another separate requirement for those who don’t have a visa but wish to obtain one before applying for their CoE (I believe a visa still needs to be collected from the Embassy after approval has been met - I may be mistaken here, but they need to put the visa page / sticker in the passport). 

In the UK you send your passport with printout from the application process to the Embassy where they affix the sticker and mail it back to you.

19 hours ago, THEN said:

Thx for answers on this topic.

I have global insurance coverage through my job. What document do I need to obtain from my insurance company as proof of proper insurance?

Sorry, maybe a stupid question? I plan to start my COE application on Friday.

You need a written, signed  statement from the insurer that you are covered for COVID for at least $100,000.

In my case I was given  a standard insurance certificate with the following notation added at the bottom:

"MEDICAL EXPENSES - COVID-19 COVERAGE
Hospitalisation costs covered at 100% of usual, customary and reasonable (UCR) costs, with a minimum of USD100,000.
Treatment for medically-necessary services related to COVID-19 are covered according to the benefits schedule, as any other medical
condition."

9 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Hi Sheryl.  I did the standard Covid Insurance with your AA office in Pattaya cost about 900 baht.  Is that sufficient cover for simply re-entry to Thailand because I plan to go home to UK in early 2022 ?  Thanks.

Only if it covers up to $100,000 of treatment. For 900 baht I think it might be valid for 100k baht of coverage.

I had all the needed documents, flight and ASQ reservations when I started the process at the beginning of this month;  my flight is at the end of this month, so I started almost 1 month ahead.  The pre-approval from the LA consulate took around 3 days.  After I uploaded the supporting documents for the final COE and submitted them, I didn't hear anything for over a week.  When I sent an email I got the response below.  Its a little harrowing that I might not find out until 2 days before my flight whether I've been approved for the COE, or if instead there is some problem with what I've submitted.  (Not to mention $9,000 on supporting flight tickets, ASQ, quick turnaround RT-PCR tests, etc that could be at risk).  Hopefully it will work out.  Meanwhile a friend who applied this week to the embassy in Washington got his final COE about 48 hours from start to finish.

312299828_ScreenShot2021-09-17at7_58_05PM.png.dec547c26666ff1937dddbb6d823ec4e.png

On 9/16/2021 at 10:18 AM, arithai12 said:
On 9/14/2021 at 4:29 PM, richard_smith237 said:

- Hotels sending you the SHABA certification

How long in your experience? thanks.

I ‘Sandboxed' at two hotels (each for a week).

The first hotel returned the SHABA certificate within the hour.

The second hotel required a receipt of payment from Agoda (not the normal Agoda booking confirmation), so it took a couple of days. 

Ultimately, the hotel should be able to send the SHABA very quickly if you have made the reservation within Thai office hours (when the reservations team at the hotel is working). 

On 9/15/2021 at 3:55 PM, THEN said:

A letter of certificate of cover which specifically states you are covered for Covid-19 related illnesses up to (or over) US$100,000 (or currency equivalent)

I have entered Thailand 3x over the past 15 months using two separate insurance policies. 

Both policy certificates below were used as proof of insurance cover for the C.o.E. application. 

1789362800_VUMICert.thumb.jpg.f435c1694b3b4f0b7c3e8424f170779f.jpg1316480442_APRILCert.thumb.jpg.37a4d137cb1005eea7a920d0563e4abc.jpg