A negative aspect of Electric vehicles.

CharlieH

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

As opposed to the leftist propaganda? 

Fossil-fuels charge the batteries.

Guess you never heard of the renewable energy boom? The largest companies in the world are now operating on 100% renewables. 

But go ahead, put your grandkids college fund in coal. 

Now you better hurry up and phone the Board of Directors at Mercedes, Jaguar, VW, Toyota, GM, Ford, Volvo, Honda and tell them they are making a huge mistake switching production to EVs. 

Edited by LarrySR

10 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Aircraft will be powering up with electric too. In fact all transportation (except spaceships) will be electric soon.

Dinosaur doo is history my friend. 

Planes  will  not be, battery weight  will  kill  that unlike a plane that gets  lighter as it  burns  fuel battery  planes dont theyre  saddled with that take  off weight,  let me know when 400  people get on a  plane and  cross the atlantic, Im not  talking those patehtic 10o  mile  range 6  seater things

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

11 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Planes  will  not be, battery weight  will  kill  that unlike a plane that gets  lighter as it  burns  fuel battery  planes dont theyre  saddled with that take  off weight,  let me know when 400  people get on a  plane and  cross the atlantic, Im not  talking those patehtic 10o  mile  range 6  seater things

Battery weight? I see your a bit behind on your scientific literature.

Elon Musk says "all transport, apart from rockets, will be electric in future"...but what the hell does he know anyway.... Guess he hasn't heard of the geniuses posting here on Thai Visa...

Better phone Airbus and the Rolls Royce jet engine division & tell them to stop the research.

And while you're at it, tell them their test flights are just a figment of their imagination.

Edited by LarrySR

6 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

I see your a bit behind on your scientific literature.

Better phone Airbus and the Rolls Royce jet engine division & tell them to stop the research.

Im all ears......research does not make it viable

Airbus and Rolls-Royce made the joint decision to bring the E-Fan X demonstrator to an end in April 2020. We continue to explore new pathways for disruptive CO2 reduction and are leveraging the knowledge gained through E-Fan X to do so.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

7 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Im all ears......research does not make it viable

Airbus and Rolls-Royce made the joint decision to bring the E-Fan X demonstrator to an end in April 2020. We continue to explore new pathways for disruptive CO2 reduction and are leveraging the knowledge gained through E-Fan X to do so.

Definitely you should be investing in coal and oil. 

4 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Definitely you should be investing in coal and oil. 

Have you any sensible response to my rebuttal on aircraft long haul

The facts on E fan X here https://www.fzt.haw-hamburg.de/pers/Scholz/Aero/AERO_PRE_DLRK2019_LimitsToElectricFlight_19-09-30.pdf

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

32 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Have you any sensible response to my rebuttal on aircraft long haul

The facts on E fan X here https://www.fzt.haw-hamburg.de/pers/Scholz/Aero/AERO_PRE_DLRK2019_LimitsToElectricFlight_19-09-30.pdf

Hmmmm... I wonder who knows more about renewable energy and the future of transportation?

Elon Musk, the CEO and chief engineer at SpaceX & Tesla or some guy on Thai Visa that watches Fox?

Edited by LarrySR

3 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Hmmmm... Who should I trust?

Elon Musk, the CEO and chief engineer at SpaceX & Tesla or some guy on Thai Visa that watches Fox?

Look if you dont have any sensible answer dont bother answering, provide some link to the  fact you mention electric  planes are  coming soon for  long haul.

The first thing to note is that long-haul flights by large aircraft are not going to become fully electric any time soon. Certainly not within the next 50 years – and the jury’s out as to whether that will even happen this century. The reason is energy density.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200617-the-largest-electric-plane-ever-to-fly

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

59 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Hmmmm... I wonder who knows more about renewable energy and the future of transportation?

I don't doubt Elon Musk know more about about it than me, but it's a pretty good bet I know more about it than you. That said, asking the CEO of Telsa  about electric cars is like asking the CEO of Philip Morris about smoking. 

If you remove government mandates and subsidies, most of the renewable energy industry goes away. 

As always, bored, rich leftists driving up energy costs and hammering down the standard of living for the poor and middle class with mandates.

Incidentally, per Elon, should we not all be in driverless cars by now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LarrySR said:

The PT Barnum of our times

3 minutes ago, seedy said:

555 - Not in your lifetime. Or your childrens.

Errm.....

Solar sails have a maximum speed which is 10% the speed of light, which equates to 18,600 miles per second or, 67,100,000 mph. Solar powered spacecrafts are able to travel faster than conventional rocket fueled spacecrafts due to constant light pressure being applied to the sail propelling it forward.

16 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Errm.....

Solar sails have a maximum speed which is 10% the speed of light, which equates to 18,600 miles per second or, 67,100,000 mph. Solar powered spacecrafts are able to travel faster than conventional rocket fueled spacecrafts due to constant light pressure being applied to the sail propelling it forward.

Big difference between spacecraft and aircraft 

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Errm.....

Building a solar sail, especially a very large one, is a feat that still needs development

https://www.planetary.org/articles/what-is-solar-sailing

So ... still on the drawing board.

I can put anything on the drawing board, say it is in development.

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Errm.....

This  fails  dramatically as you get farther from the sun 

The minimum transfer time to Jupiter for ac of 1 mm/s2 with no departure velocity relative to Earth is 2 years when using an indirect transfer (solar swing-by). The arrival speed (V) is close to 17 km/s. For Saturn, the minimum trip time is 3.3 years, with an arrival speed of nearly 19 km/s.[2]

Edited by Rampant Rabbit