Our Well-known Thailand Pygmalion Story: IF you are a Dr. Higgins, then How do you Train your Doolittle? And, Have you Created the Love of Your Life, even, maybe, Not Realizing It?

GammaGlobulin

My Dearest Friends and Compatriots:

We all know the myth of Pygmalion who attempted to create the perfect woman from a block of stone, and then, to his chagrin, fell in love with his creation.

Far fewer mortals around the world may have read the multipicious accounts of the average and most common man who came, and still comes, to Thailand in order to coax, mould, and shape the apple of his eye into the woman of his dreams.

Most of us, in our wildest dreams, have some picture in mind of our ideal woman, whether buxom or not, super intelligent, or not, sweet smiling, or not, sweet smelling, or not, tall or short, docile and subservient, or not.

Personally, I always am happy to take potluck, and live with it, rather than to try to shape my lovely into becoming a woman that she wishes not to be.

As you may or may not know, I am in love, albeit from afar, with a woman who can sometimes stir my loins, just by the sight of her, or even an innocent text message.  I would never wish to change her, not in any way, or, otherwise, she would not be she.

In my case, love is blind. I would not alter her personality, for the world.

But, what about you?  Do you play the Dr. Higgins to your Doolittle?  Or, are you able to just be In Love, and accept the apple of your eye, as she is, maybe even with a few wormholes?

The most important aspect of True Love is that it is so very BLINDING!

No matter the warts, if any, anytime, and everytime, I gaze upon my heart's desire, my toes tingle, my respiratory rate increases, I begin to exude juices, and I can feel a huge hit of dopamine in my brain.

So, I ask you:  If you are like me, and you exude these juices every moment you are close to the woman you desire most, then why try to fix what is not broken?  True Love, such as this, is both rare and precious.

Still, I can understand another’s point of view:  

Maybe you think that….IF you were to return to your home country with your beloved, and IF you were introducing her to your mother, then you might be first contemplating taking the Dr. Higgins approach.

However, I MOST STRONGLY discourage you from doing this….BECAUSE….Love is Love.  If you are in love with a beautiful Doolittle, then trying to change her will end in failure and disaster.

Now listen, My Friends, to what I am telling you.

I have taken several Asian women home to see my mother. And, I never tried to change any of these girls, one iota.  

They are what they are, exotic and beautiful, and, at the time I took them home, I would not have changed them for anything.  Cultural diversity is bliss. And I love women who remind me more of Lamb Vindaloo, rather than cornflakes in the morning.

Oh, where have you been

Billy Boy, Billy Boy?

Oh, where have you been

Charming Billy?

I have been to seek a wife

She's the joy of my life

She's a young thing

And, so, also, says my mother!

And, my mother invariably loved the exotic women I brought home.

So, the lesson is this:  Never try to change your beloved woman from Thailand. Otherwise, you will be doomed to a morbid and unhealthy existence, day after day, for Eternity.

Mark my Words, Friends.

And:

Good Luck to you!

• Haha 1

"Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait
You'll be sorry but your tears 'll be to late
You'll be broke and I'll have money
Will I help you? Don't be funny
Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait

Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, till you're sick
And you scream to fetch a doctor double quick
I'll be off a second later and go straight to the theatre
Oh ho ho, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait"
Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

Huge difference in loving a woman, and being "in love" with a woman.

I have never experienced the latter.

I have thought maybe it was but it either wasnt or it wasnt what I thought it was going to be. I prefer to say I have yet to experience the emotion so often described in so many stories by so many writers.

45 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Please...  Always be respectful of women, and you shall reap unexpected rewards even beyond your belief.

Never a truer word was ever spoken.

I love women.

Yes, and you also love to create long and pointless threads on TV. At least it explains one thing, and that is why you all the time talk about that you had numerous of GF´s and Asian women. It´s fully understandable. I mean, if it takes as long as it takes for you every time to inform of something totally pointless and uninteresting they must lose interest rather quick as well.

Like you posted to us, I will give you in return. Good Luck (with the next hundred)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Huge difference in loving a woman, and being "in love" with a woman.

I have never experienced the latter.

I have thought maybe it was but it either wasnt or it wasnt what I thought it was going to be. I prefer to say I have yet to experience the emotion so often described in so many stories by so many writers.

OK.

Just, please remember....  Selfless love is the best kind, and the kind least likely to get you, or her, into trouble.

I think I mentioned previously:  In the book, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, the author describes various forms of love.

Maybe, if you have time, then you might be interested in reading this single chapter, which I thought was quite a good one.

Self-help books, are usually drivel, IMHO.  However, this single chapter, written by Stephen R. Covey, concerning forms of love, might be an exception to the rule, and you can decide for yourself.

I have no opinion what might be best for others, nor do I suggest what others should read, but only care, for myself, and what I should read..

Take care.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

I am, I think, a bit sorrowful for posting this post, in that I have tried my best, yet no one here cares, much.

For example, no one here, except only a very small minority, seems to be true romanticists, and only one or two of you cares about the lost age of Romanticism.

Still, occasionally, only one or two of you, in this modern world of ours, these days, post amazingly, and beautifully written, humorous comments, which inform me, and everyone else reading this forum, that TV is still ALIVE AND WELL!

IF, those who have a gift, do not continue to post a few comments containing delicious humor, with supreme brevity, then....what will be the point of reading comments, anyway?

I am telling you:

Don't get lazy.

Don't become complacent.

If you do not post interesting comments, then you deserve what you will get.

Try to be more like Sir Noël Coward when you post your comments here, I think.

BEFORE you post anything:  Try to determine if your post might contain a little bit of CHEEK and CHIC, as well as some pose and poise.

Thank you.

Whatever happened to the wry and biting humor, the spice, which was once typical of life here?

Did it evaporate?

Have all the guys with a brain lost their brains, and their wit?

Surely, this forum has improved, immeasurably, during recent many months.  Yet, still, improvement of this forum should not go hand in hand with the loss of wit. 

Otherwise, our meetings here, and what we choose to write, will soon ossify.

Cannot anyone write anything worth reading?

Yes, some people can.

So, why don't they?