90 Day Online 'Rejected'

I've never understood why those boxes aren't asterisked when they need that information. Just carelessness when the system was set up I guess. I was once amazed to get a phone call from a very nice woman at immigration (CW) who told me I'd missed one of those boxes. She told me she would reject it and I could resubmit, which all went very smoothly. Excellent service. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

I have seen other posts about them being rejected for not having the full name done on the report.

If have been suggesting to do the first and middle name now even though it is not a required field.

Did you try doing the report again with your full name on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen other posts about them being rejected for not having the full name done on the report.

If have been suggesting to do the first and middle name now even though it is not a required field.

Yes, as per last sentence, second paragraph.  Approved.  I'll stick to using the full name in future.

Edited by SooKee

16 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I've never understood why those boxes aren't asterisked when they need that information. Just carelessness when the system was set up I guess. I was once amazed to get a phone call from a very nice woman at immigration (CW) who told me I'd missed one of those boxes. She told me she would reject it and I could resubmit, which all went very smoothly. Excellent service. 

For the last 5 years, in my case at least and, given previous advice, I suspect for others, they haven't actually 'needed' that information though.  As I said, for a long time the advice, in order to circumvent the problems countless people had (and in some cases are still having ) with trying to get 90 Day Online to work, was to only fill in the sections marked with a red asterisk and with regard to name that was just the surname. Once I find a method that works with things like this I tend to not revisit it until it doesn't.  From what Ubonjoe says though it does seem that the advice changed to best practice being to use the full name.  Had I come across that information I would likely have changed but I spend next to no time browsing these forums now, unless for a specific reason.  What we think Immigration need though and what they actually need may not be the same, again as I said, this is the first time in about 5 years I've had the report bounced for not filling in my full name.

Just count your lucky stars you are able to submit online.  It has never ever worked for me from day one of their system going online.  Probably because I haven't left the country for over a dozen years and renewed my passport.  Yeap, for me, it's always been must report in person or do my mail.  I've been doing the report by mail for the last 4 years.

• Like 1

Indeed, even postal is a time sink I'd rather not have.  Buddy of mine was in a similar position, he went to MTT earlier this year though and did a report in person and asked the IO to check why he couldn't do the report online, not sure of the precise details but he said the IO could see there was a problem and called her boss over, she apparently disabled one record and entered all the info again and he's now able to report online.  That 'fix' may well not work for everyone though as everyone's circumstances are different.  Worth a shot though maybe?

24 minutes ago, Pib said:

Just count your lucky stars you are able to submit online.  It has never ever worked for me from day one of their system going online.  Probably because I haven't left the country for over a dozen years and renewed my passport.  Yeap, for me, it's always been must report in person or do my mail.  I've been doing the report by mail for the last 4 years.

I had the same problem until October of last year after they changed the system. I have now done 4 reports online.

Perhaps you should try it again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I had the same problem until October of last year after they changed the system. I have now done 4 reports online.

I have...still don't work for me.  Even after reporting in person at MTT 6 months ago when my mailed-in report went MIA.  Was hoping that in-person report may fix things for online reporting...but no, hasn't worked even after that.

Edited by Pib

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Mine the opposite.

All was OK until the last two 90 day reports when it has asked me to contact the immigration office when I tried to do it online.

I didn't bother, I sent it EMS and got rapid confirmation and the slip but of course, online would have been preferable.

8 minutes ago, Pib said:

I have...still don't work for me.  Even after reporting in person at MTT 6 months ago when my mailed-in report went MIA.  Was hoping that in-person report may fix things for online reporting...but no, hasn't worked even after that.

Bangkok immigration has had a lot of problems with their online reporting setup. People have been shown as on a overstay when using the app and the standard contact your local office message online since the system was not updated after their most recent extension. 

Maybe try again online or using the app for your next report.

I needed to report two days ago (20 Sep). I have done it online till two or three times ago, this time also I got the message to contact immigration. So I sent the paperwork by mail again, knowing it will take up to n6 weeks to get a reply. I don't know why this is so problematic.

38 minutes ago, Pib said:

Edited 34 minutes ago by Pib

Last year I had no problem doing 90 day reports online.  This year however it no longer works for me.  I have tried twice so far this year.  It just tells me I have to go into the office to do it.  No information has changed for me either.  It may just be the Ratchaburi office.  When I have asked them about it they either say "the problem is in Bangkok" or "we like to see you."

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Bangkok immigration has had a lot of problems with their online reporting setup. People have been shown as on a overstay when using the app and the standard contact your local office message online since the system was not updated after their most recent extension. 

Maybe try again online or using the app for your next report.

I always try before mailing my report...hoping one day it may work for me but never has...whether using the app or browser.   And since I renewed my extension on Monday and immigration did a new 90 day report for me during the extension I'm keeping my fingers crossed by them doing the new report the online reporting will work for me next time.  However, I had the same hope after having to do a report at MTT 6 months ago...unfortunately it didn't help.

For me it was the opposite, it worked flawless online until they changed, and after that I never got it to work. I will try again next time, in mid October.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

In France, we do not have a middle name (only supplemental first names parents used to give you at birth: I am not sure they still do) and up until now I have left that particular box empty and haven't had any problem with it. Now, if they require a middle name, what should I do?

6 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

In France, we do not have a middle name (only supplemental first names parents used to give you at birth: I am not sure they still do) and up until now I have left that particular box empty and haven't had any problem with it. Now, if they require a middle name, what should I do?

The Immigration department notes in the comments section merely said 'resubmit with your full name' not 'resubmit with a first and middle name', as long as it matches what's in your passport I would think that would be all that's needed, it can't really be anything else.  If you don't have a middle name, leave it blank.