passport number on vaccine certificate.

CFCjeff

Hi, just had 2nd vaccine {astra} but i made the mistake of only using my pink id card, ive realised that the certificate does not have my passport number on it.

Dont think i have any problems in Thailand but im planning on a visit to the UK at some point and wondered if it will be an issue there, i guess the hospital would probably print out another certificate with number on it but any views ?  Thanks.

The certificate is a record of entry to the Thai Government’s vaccination records database.

There was a minor error on my certificate which I spotted when I checked it at the hospital.

I asked for a correction and was issued a new certificate, the QR code links to the database and there I find my details have been corrected.

However, this was a ‘correction’ of the hospital’s error which was spotted immediately, your error is not, moreover your data is correct to the documents you provided.

You can try to get the hospital to amend your record otherwise you’ll just have to present your pink card if ever your certificate is queried.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

19 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

Dont think i have any problems in Thailand but im planning on a visit to the UK at some point and wondered if it will be an issue there, i guess the hospital would probably print out another certificate with number on it but any views ?

You need a 'vaccine passport' from Thai Ministry of Public Health as shown in the pic below for international travel. Make sure they put your passport number on it.  You will also need to confirm if the destiny country will accept this.

Screenshot 2021-09-23 074725.jpg

3 hours ago, Thailand J said:

You need a 'vaccine passport' from Thai Ministry of Public Health as shown in the pic below for international travel. Make sure they put your passport number on it.  You will also need to confirm if the destiny country will accept this.

Screenshot 2021-09-23 074725.jpg

So a vaccine passport is compulsory for international travel ? 

19 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

It's way to early to make any such grand global pronouncements.

The way it is now is you need to research the specific rules for the places that you wish to travel to.

Also about passport numbers not so great when the number changes with new passports.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

No, the vaccine record from the vaccination centre was enough for a mate to enter Spain a couple of weeks ago.  Fortunately they accept Sinovac.  The little yellow card is far more dubious IMO as too open to forgery.

• Like 1

When the Thai wife and I got our 2nd jab this Wed/22 Sept/1300hrs at our local hospital we told them we wanted our passport numbers linked to the jabs.  The wife had scheduled her jabs using her Thai ID card number and I had used my Pink ID card number.  

Anyway, all we had to do was during check-in to get the 2nd jab was to show our passports and provide a  copy of the main page.  They attached that copy to another document that was used to document our jab. 

The hospital said they would update our vaccination records to show both our ID card number "and passport numbers."  The hospital said the update would probably take overnight...be sure to check the Mor Prom (Doctors Ready) the next day to ensure the passport update appeared and was correct....if not come back to the hospital so they could fix.

Anyway, by 3pm same day when checking in the Mor Prom the wife's record was already updated showing 2 jabs/fully vaccinated and her passport number along with her Thai ID card showing on both her Medical Certificate and Digital Pass. 

However for me, my 2 jabs,  passport number, and Pink ID card number were only showing in my Medical Certificate.  My Digital Pass still only showing the 1st jab from 12 weeks ago with only my Pink ID card number---no passport number.    But at around 9pm that night my Digital Pass was updated to show 2 jabs, Pink ID card, "and passport number."  

Don't know why it took about 5 hours longer for my Digital Pass to be updated as the wife and I got vaccinated at the same time, our 2nd jab and passport paperwork done at the same time, etc.  Maybe the databases for the Medical Certificate and Digital Pass are different....and Thai citizens Digital Pass records got updated immediately but farang records take longer.  Don't know...just know the wife and I now have our passport numbers along with our Thai ID/Pink ID  cards listed on our Vaccination Certificate and Digital Pass.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 7:19 AM, CFCjeff said:

Hi, just had 2nd vaccine {astra} but i made the mistake of only using my pink id card, ive realised that the certificate does not have my passport number on it...

Are you talking about the certificate on paper issued by the hospital that gave you the vaccinations?

On 9/24/2021 at 5:36 AM, KarenBravo said:

That "yellow card" used to be the only record of vaccinations and has been around for decades. If any document will be accepted widely by other countries, it'll be the book.

Upon receiving the second shot, a certificate is given at that time. Only recognition of my first shot was sent to my phone. The certificate gives the: date and time of each innoculation, together with the vaccine type and any reported 'side effects' Presumably from the first innoculation.

It's in Thai and English and there's no reference to the need for 'additional documentation'.

Not my prefered choice, but I'm looking at the probability of needing a booster before I fly to Florida soon.

I've got AZ, direct from GB and wish folks would simply just explain the facts. So many contradictory 'truths'.

Edited by alacrity

• 2 weeks later...