Three quarters of Thais think Thailand is more dangerous in the pandemic era - poll

webfact

9pm5.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

The latest Suan Dusit university poll indicated that Thais felt there was more crime threatening society in the pandemic era rather than pre-pandemic.

1,172 people responded Sunday to Thursday last week to questions put to them about safety in the Covid-19 era.

72.78% said they thought Thailand was less safe.

Just over half - 54.46% - said this was a significant concern to them.

68.66% pointed to the prevalance of online fraud as a major factor in their "unsafe" analysis. 

Though only a third of the population said they had experienced a crime of any kind. 

65.9% had lost confidence and 85.82% wanted more action on the economy and poverty that they saw as key drivers of crime.

Unfortunately Manager made no attempt to come up with any crime stats to either back up or refute the public's assertion that the country was less safe, notes ASEAN NOW.

While this is standard rhetoric in online babble there has been little evidence in the Thai media about crime in Thailand and its prevalence in the pandemic era. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

Yet from another OP running and a story in the BP 2/3rds of Thai's believe the good PM can lead them into a rosy future and out of the Covid era.......Hmmm let me think, nope not buying that story in light of this story and many others running.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet from another OP running and a story in the BP 2/3rds of Thai's believe the good PM can lead them into a rosy future and out of the Covid era.......Hmmm let me think, nope not buying that story in light of this story and many others running.  

Consider the sources.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

On the other hand, i feel much safer here than in countries of Europe US or the middle east, needless to mention Africa or south America...

A good thing then that criminals are usually considerate of your feelings. Otherwise you'd get confronted with the higher crime in Thailand relative to much of Europe. 

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

On the other hand, i feel much safer here than in countries of Europe US or the middle east, needless to mention Africa or south America...

Yep. That would be true even in the best of times. 

4 hours ago, mahtin said:

Let's add fake polls to the list of no-nos.

Unless in favour of the lawmaker(s).

fake polls?   not at all - they are carefully constructed polls from approximately 1000 carefully selected representatives of the great Thai elite .

From the other OP - "1,078 people were asked various questions"

From this OP - "1,172 people responded ...... to questions put to them"

Fake Polls would include significant numbers of peasants

9 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

ONE-THIRD of Thais have been victims of "crime"?!? I don't believe it for a minute!

Nor do I.

Nor do I buy the spittle regurgitated by the faux social scientists on here, that don't have a clue or any such clear understanding about Thai society, and their comparative analysis'. 

• Like 1