COVID-19: Thailand reports 10,414 new coronavirus cases, 122 deaths

webfact

2m doses of Pfizer vaccine arrive today, student vaccinations start next week

Two million doses of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine arrived in Bangkok this morning from the United States.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/2m-doses-of-pfizer-vaccine-arrive-today-student-vaccinations-start-next-week/

• Like 2

i see the UK's 'covid mgmt' touted on here quite often.  and i understand there are some positives.  but when someone says something postive about sweden, it is immediately discounted by using the deaths per capita as an argument.  said another way, everything was done wrong in sweden because of the death rate.  i realize that is a bit of a generalization.  but to make the point, isn't the same true of the UK ?  and the USA for that matter ?  they have a worse death rate than sweden why would we heap praise upon their actions ?  sure there are a few positives, but the bottom line is alot of people died and they don't seem worthy of being presented to us as a 'model' of how to do things.

edit:  and let me add this, a govt can only do so much.  alot of the 'results' come from the population.  how do the people react, conduct themselves, etc... i don't think certain countries populations get enough credit,.  govt's can make rules but often they aren't followed (i know the USA was like that).

Edited by buick

14 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Again look at this as a completely new pandemic starting April 1 2021. Covid management is now completely different as is to a large extent the Delta variant.

why would we do that ?  it isn't a new pandemic.  you just make that up.  and then tout the UK ?  that is like saying a sports team down 5-0 in the first half and loses 5-2 had a great game as you only look at the second half.  i'm not buying what you are selling.  people criticize thailand for 'managing' the numbers in their favor, you are are doing the same thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, buick said:

why would we do that ?  it isn't a new pandemic.  you just make that up.  and then tout the UK ?  that is like saying a sports team down 5-0 in the first half and loses 5-2 had a great game as you only look at the second half.  i'm not buying what you are selling.  people criticize thailand for 'managing' the numbers in their favor, you are are doing the same thing. 

It is the 3rd wave of the pandemic which now has different characterics i.e. more is known about it, vaccinations, health care, testing etc and a virus that has different characteristics than the original, alpha and beta. So yes I think it the delta wave can be looked at as a seperate entity. If you want to look at it since the beginning then Thailand went from 177 to 29 on the global covid charts in 6 months. By the way I said you could look at this as a completely new pandemic. I am not saying it is.

10 minutes ago, buick said:

Not quite. Your mixing apples and oranges. Variants change all the time in other viruses, do they keep a running tab on those cases....nope.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It is the 3rd wave of the pandemic which now has different characterics i.e. more is known about it, vaccinations, health care, testing etc and a virus that has different characteristics than the original, alpha and beta. So yes I think it the delta wave can be looked at as a seperate entity. If you want to look at it since the beginning then Thailand went from 177 to 29 on the global covid charts in 6 months. By the way I said you could look at this as a completely new pandemic. I am not saying it is.

on a deaths per capita measure, the one that really counts, thailand has still not broken the top 75 and the UK is in the top 25.  this is for THE pandemic.

Edited by buick
  • Thanks 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 108: 646,519

DAY 109: 626,896

DAY 110: 1,300,677

DAY 111: 112,215 <— Sat

DAY 112: 175,926 <— Sun

DAY 113: 734,59

7 DAY 114: 726,805

TOTAL: 50,867,498 doses since 28 February

25.1% FULLY VACCINATED

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1443089377727430657

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not quite. Your mixing apples and oranges. Variants change all the time in other viruses, do they keep a running tab on those cases....nope.

i am not mixing anything.  it is real simple.  the pandemic started in march 2020, the first case outside of china was in thailand !!  now it is 18 months later and i'm comparing the deaths in thailand to the UK, USA, etc...

for some reason the UK covid mgmt keeps get touted here and i'm saying they failed.  certainly more than thailand did based on the deaths during THE pandemic.

several (most ?) on this board are the folks that are doing the mixing. 

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your using flawed logic and statistics for the entire Covid event, not applicable to the current situation.  With your way of doing things you would have a business believing that they were in the bottom portion of all similar companies when in fact they might be near the top based just upon last quarters indexes.  Try again.

I was just stating facts according to worldometer ranking table. 

Over the past 7 days Thailand has had 13 deaths per million of population standing at 67th in the world. 
The UK is one place above at 66th. 

They are the facts. 

The rest is just a few people getting all excited and reading into it what they want and coming up with the usual in depth armchair analysis. 

Edited by Kadilo

Just now, buick said:

on a deaths per capita measure, the one that really counts, thailand has still not broken the top 75 and the UK is in the top 25.  this is for the THE pandemic.

Not so good since April 1 with the Delta variant though. The big death numbers in the UK and US and Europe were when they were still working out what they were dealing with and what to do. Things have changed. If you want to completely ignore the fact that since April 1 Thailand has had around 60% more covid deaths than the UK that's up to you. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Not so good since April 1 with the Delta variant though. The big death numbers in the UK and US and Europe were when they were still working out what they were dealing with and what to do. Things have changed. If you want to completely ignore the fact that since April 1 Thailand has had around 60% more covid deaths than the UK that's up to you. 

the virus has hit different countries at different times.  i understand it has recently hit thailand.  so naturally they have a higher death number over the last couple months than a country (UK) that has been completely engulfed by the virus since the beginning of the pandemic.  it makes perfect sense.  i fully accept that thailand has had more deaths than the UK recently.  not ignoring it all.  i'll say it one last time and be done with it, i'm not buying this 'the UK is doing such a great job' topic that comes across this forum on a daily basis.  and by the way, i am pro UK.  so nothing against the people from the UK.  i think the people of the UK are fantastic.

27 minutes ago, buick said:

i am not mixing anything.  it is real simple.  the pandemic started in march 2020, the first case outside of china was in thailand !!  now it is 18 months later and i'm comparing the deaths in thailand to the UK, USA, etc...

for some reason the UK covid mgmt keeps get touted here and i'm saying they failed.  certainly more than thailand did based on the deaths during THE pandemic.

several (most ?) on this board are the folks that are doing the mixing. 

Different variants, different procedures and different vaccination procedures. Your starting to sound like you want the covid pandemic numbers to continue ad-infinum for as many years as covid will still be around. Did they do that with the Flu etc... comparison is done because the UK population is similar and the cases being used for purposes herein are not the totals but the past few months since Delta arrived.

Edited by ThailandRyan

12 minutes ago, buick said:

the virus has hit different countries at different times.  i understand it has recently hit thailand.  so naturally they have a higher death number over the last couple months than a country (UK) that has been completely engulfed by the virus since the beginning of the pandemic.  it makes perfect sense.  i fully accept that thailand has had more deaths than the UK recently.  not ignoring it all.  i'll say it one last time and be done with it, i'm not buying this 'the UK is doing such a great job' topic that comes across this forum on a daily basis.  and by the way, i am pro UK.  so nothing against the people from the UK.  i think the people of the UK are fantastic.

We are talking Delta as the cause, nothing more. Try and catch up here.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, buick said:

I don't call this fully engulfed. What you see here is high levels of vaccinations and testing.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Screenshot (680).png

Screenshot (681).png

Edited by dinsdale

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Most of the vulnerable people in the UK died in the first two waves. The vulnerable people in Thailand didn’t, so you’re bound to see more death in Thailand in this delta wave. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

Most of the vulnerable people in the UK died in the first two waves. The vulnerable people in Thailand didn’t, so you’re bound to see more death in Thailand in this delta wave. 

Also vulnerable people once the UK got their act together were vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, buick said:

on a deaths per capita measure, the one that really counts, thailand has still not broken the top 75 and the UK is in the top 25.  this is for THE pandemic.

Interesting read your last few posts. 
Thanks for the perspective. 

Edited by Kadilo

60,000 Moderna doses headed for Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai will soon take delivery of 60,000 doses of the Modern vaccine that it had ordered for residents in the high-risk group, as well as those who did not have access to free jabs provided by the government.

The provincial administrative organisation said the vaccines had been bought for 69.6 million baht at 1,160 baht per dose. The jabs will be distributed once the project gets the green light from the Chiang Mai Communicable Disease Committee and the provincial governor.  

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006805

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Interesting read your last few posts. 
Thanks for the perspective. 

If it wasn't for the UK funding the AZ vaccine research, Thailand wouldn't be 70% vaccinated until 2030.

Interesting your perspectives never take into account the complete and utter failure of the Thai government to join covax or procure vaccines in a timely manner.

@Kadilo any updates on the date of your return flight to Thailand?

• Like 2