Re-entry Permits for Non-O Retirement Visa

I have been issued a 15 month visa, but I need to leave Thailand for a bit. I paid for multiple re-entries when I arranged for my visa, I just don't know how the Re-entry permit process works. Do I have to apply at my immigration office before I leave the country, to get a stamp? 

Edited by Danderman123

Just now, Lite Beer said:

Re Entry Permit keeps your current permission to stay alive.

Apply at you local Immigration or at the airport before leaving.

1,000 baht. Maybe a little more at the airport.

I paid for my permit already.... Is there a Re-entry permit office at the airport? 

After I apply, do I get a stamp in my passport? 

15 month visa? 

Do you have a reentry permit in passport. Should have word multiple or single on it.

What's your current permission of stay. Mean on entry stamp has date of entry and admitted until date. 

Pic of reentry permit. Available at airport and at immigration.

Sounds like you might have stamps obtained by agent as you mentioned 15 month visa? 

IMG_20210929_203759_309~2.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

15 month visa? 

Do you have a reentry permit in passport. Should have word multiple on it.

What's your current permission of stay. Mean on entry stamp has date of entry and admitted until date. 

I just checked, and I have a full page stamp saying I have multiple re-entries. 

Do I need anything more before I leave the country? 

20 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Its 1000 single and 3800 multiple at airport. Same as immigration.

At Swampy they provide optional "fill in form provide picture" etc service for 200baht.

OP note that reentry permit office at Swampy is after security check and before passport control.

Zone 2.

Edited by DrJack54

29 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I just checked, and I have a full page stamp saying I have multiple re-entries

Here is pic on a non O-A.

Under number of entries it has 'M' then your good to go.

You still didn't mention type of visa. It's under "type of visa" 

Screenshot_20210929-210747.jpg

If your return is after the expiry date of your visa -the 'valid until', or 'enter before' date -[the  'permission to stay until' date is irrelevant] then you need a re-entry permit.

If you are coming back during the validity period of your visa -the 'valid until', or 'enter before' date - you do not need a re-entry permit.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

15 month visa? 

Do you have a reentry permit in passport. Should have word multiple or single on it.

Pic of reentry permit. Available at airport and at immigration.

Sounds like you might have stamps obtained by agent as you mentioned 15 month visa? 

IMG_20210929_203759_309~2.jpg

I have got a stamp pretty much like that in my passport. 

I am good until November 2022 for length of stay. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I just checked, and I have a full page stamp saying I have multiple re-entries. 

Do I need anything more before I leave the country? 

If you already have a re-entry permit on your current extension, there is nothing to do before you leave the country.

When you come back to Thailand, just write the re-entry permit number on the white card that they ask us to fill. 

That's all you need to do.

Did you get vaccinated inside Thailand? You might want to get the Thai vaccine passport before you leave if you were vaccinated inside Thailand.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

3 months non imm O, 12 months retirement extension

A non O visa followed by 12 month extension is not a multi entry.

He has indicated that he has a full page sticker. Sounds like a non O-A. I also attached pic of that.

On his sticker he has a M (for multi entry). It's not an extension.

His OP was far from clear.

Edited by DrJack54

I understood this query and I have another in the same ilk.

My extension to stay from Non O retirement expires on 22 Feb.

If i leave and get multiple entry permit will that all expire on 22 Feb?

I need go to Vietnam for a few months to liquidate a company and am unsure can be back by 22 Feb.

Any options please?

10 minutes ago, GregBow said:

I understood this query and I have another in the same ilk.

My extension to stay from Non O retirement expires on 22 Feb.

If i leave and get multiple entry permit will that all expire on 22 Feb?

I need go to Vietnam for a few months to liquidate a company and am unsure can be back by 22 Feb.

Any options please?

You can get single re-entry permit for a fee of 1000 baht. No need to get multiple re-entry permit for one trip.

The re-entry permit will expire on the February 22nd.

If you cannot return before that day you would have to start all over again by getting a new non-o visa and then a extension of stay.

• Like 2

Thanks again Ubon and I agree with your last post 100%, (I was about to post myself) . . . .

Partington posted this earlier - "If you are coming back during the validity period of your visa -the 'valid until', or 'enter before' date - you do not need a re-entry permit".

I think that is wrong is it not ? A Visa or an 'extension of permission to stay' is just that. If you leave Thailand during the duration of either, they lapse.

So even during the validity period, a 'Re-entry Permit' is ALWAYS needed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

I think that is wrong is it not ? A Visa or an 'extension of permission to stay' is just that. If you leave Thailand during the duration of either, they lapse.

A multiple entry non immigrant visa issued by a embassy is valid for one year from the date of issue and it allows unlimited entries until it expires. A Non-OA visa allows one year entries and multiple entry non immigrant visa allows 90 entries.

A multiple entry tourist visa is valid for 6 months and allows unlimited 60 day entries.

No extension of stay is a multiple entry unless you get a multiple re-entry permit.

15 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Thanks again Ubon and I agree with your last post 100%, (I was about to post myself) . . . .

Partington posted this earlier - "If you are coming back during the validity period of your visa -the 'valid until', or 'enter before' date - you do not need a re-entry permit".

So even during the validity period, a 'Re-entry Permit' is ALWAYS needed.

You can get a OA-non immigrant visa multiples entries which allows you to come in Thailand as many times as you like the first year. But with an extension to non O you have to make a re entry who allows you to come back before the last day of your extension.

2 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Thanks Ubon - to confirm that earlier comment was incorrect - a re-entry or multiple-entry permit will normally lapse on the date of the expiry of the Visa to which it refers ?

You can get a re-entry permit for a extension of stay or a permit to stay from a visa. You cannot get one for a visa.

A re-entry permit expires on the day the permit to stay it was issued for expires.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:33 PM, Lite Beer said:

Not sure what you actually have.

Re Entry Permit keeps your current permission to stay alive.

Apply at you local Immigration or at the airport before leaving.

But the OP said "...I paid for multiple re-entries when I arranged for my visa, ...". 

So, OP you should have a stamp like this in your passport:

image.png.2cc82d811e3f38ab2fb6e83a4b539d77.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

But the OP said "...I paid for multiple re-entries when I arranged for my visa, ...". 

So, OP you should have a stamp like this in your passport:

You have permanent registry and that is different re-entry permit than what the topic is about.

Yours is for a non quota immigrant visa. Others have a non immigrant visa.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You have permanent registry and that is different re-entry permit than what the topic is about.

Yours is for a non quota immigrant visa. Others have a non immigrant visa.

Thanks Joe, yes my error.

And to be honest I did (without thinking about it) assume that the stamp would be the same. Seems it's not. As said, my error, and sorry for causing confusion. 

• Like 1

Bottom line: if I have a full page stamp in my passport that says I have multiple entries, I don’t have to do anything more to be able to leave and return to Thailand (except for the COE stuff which is OT), no need to file for a re-entry permit anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Bottom line: if I have a full page stamp in my passport that says I have multiple entries, I don’t have to do anything more to be able to leave and return to Thailand (except for the COE stuff which is OT), no need to file for a re-entry permit anywhere.

If you mean a stamp like this one that is correct up to the valid until date on it. But you have to remember that your permit to stay date will be the same date shown on the stamp.

image.png.1b8c9c91e219a15bc79201b4965a5768.png

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Bottom line: if I have a full page stamp in my passport that says I have multiple entries

I suggest if you ever have a question then post a picture of your stamp/stickers and you will receive clear precise advise.

Obviously blank out personal info.

Same way I did in this thread.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

1b9bbd607a7ad124f4b22cbc4000ec18.jpg

That was all that was required at the start. 

That is a reentry permit. It also shows the word multiple and fact that you previously were issued a non O. 

Your able to exit and return any time prior to 14/11/22.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That was all that was required at the start. 

That is a reentry permit. It also shows the word multiple and fact that you previously were issued a non O. 

Your able to exit and return any time prior to 14/11/22.

I didn't know it was in my passport when I made the OP.