Thailand reports 11,646 new COVID-19 cases and 107 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The figures, which no one believes anyway, are becoming meaningless. There will continue to be rises and falls in infections for months and years to come. The hospitals can cope and vaccination numbers will reduce the number of severe cases.

Now open the schools!

it is interesting how there are complaints that the case figures can't be relied up and then each and every day those same complainers rely on the case figures to assess the covid situation in the country.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, buick said:

it is interesting how there are complaints that the case figures can't be relied up and then each and every day those same complainers rely on the case figures to assess the covid situation in the country.

Also known as making do with what you’ve got but knowing it could be better. Such is life with insufficient accurate data

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

'adequate'

AZ is more than that.  Arguably it's the best in the long run.

If long run means Oxford themselves now say best efficiency requires waiting up to 45 weeks for shot 2, then maybe.  Oxford 28 June 2021

"A longer delay of up to 45 weeks between the first and second dose of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine leads to enhanced immune response after the second dose."

However, a long delay may leave you less well protected before shot 2. The long delay is due to an antivector immune response unique to AZ's 2 shot regimen. 

It's important to understand because this may be an issue for all Adenovirus vaccines going forward with repeated vaccinations or boosters. ClinicalTrialsArena

"Antivector immune response is anticipated following the first round of vaccinations and may impact the vaccine’s efficacy if the same vector is used again for revaccinations"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, rabas said:

If long run means Oxford themselves now say best efficiency requires waiting up to 45 weeks for shot 2, then maybe.  Oxford 28 June 2021

"A longer delay of up to 45 weeks between the first and second dose of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine leads to enhanced immune response after the second dose."

However, a long delay may leave you less well protected before shot 2. The long delay is due to an antivector immune response unique to AZ's 2 shot regimen. 

It's important to understand because this may be an issue for all Adenovirus vaccines going forward with repeated vaccinations or boosters. ClinicalTrialsArena

"Antivector immune response is anticipated following the first round of vaccinations and may impact the vaccine’s efficacy if the same vector is used again for revaccinations"

Undoubtedly the future is mRNA and even saMRNA vaccines, but not for a while because of logistics.

Really, not enough is known about all the vaccines. I would have thought an easy tweak for vector vaccines would be using different vector viruses then. 

This particular strain will become endemic within a year or two, perhaps everyone will have been infected at some point, and so will also develop further natural immunity too it.  In effect, covid will just become another annoying cold.

Edited by mommysboy

52 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

'adequate'

AZ is more than that.  Arguably it's the best in the long run.

Correct 'adequate' I should have used a better word, and I've happily got 2 AZ, producing and enhancing long sustaining virus busting 'T' cells daily.........

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean like in the USA where cases began to shoot up on July 4 when 46.8% of Amerians were fully vaccinated. The rise in deaths started about a week later and hospitals were overrun with cases not long after. A fact of life still in many parts of the USA.

The accepted threshold before reopening can take place is around 80%.  USA has its own unique problems enforcing social distancing too, proudly asserted as 'freedom', whilst the rest of the world would surely dub it 'a death wish'.  They certainly got it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CANSIAM said:

Correct 'adequate' I should have used a better word, and I've happily got 2 AZ, producing and enhancing long sustaining virus busting 'T' cells daily.........

Very effective surely?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9935385/AstraZeneca-vaccine-best-keeping-people-hospital-just-1-52-cent-admitted.html

Somewhat unexpectedly it appears to be the best in key regards.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, buick said:

i didn't see anything resembling a 'celebration' in the post you quoted.  i also didn't see a reference to 'only 100'.  it seems you added alot of drama to a post that didn't have any.  the informational posts here are alot more helpful than those adding the 'drama'.

His response was to this little addition, I placed in bold, that the Poster made which is a disingenuous and baiting troll addition.

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The numbers of cases over the past week have fallen 13%. 

More importantly the number of deaths have fallen for the third day in a row and 11% over the past week. 

Critical cases numbers continue to fall as well as the number of people on ventilators………,but I’m sure there will be those who can still find something negative to say about these these positive numbers 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macrohistory said:

Ending the semi-lockdown and other restrictions when there are still more than 10,000 cases each day is like throwing away the antibiotics your doctor gave you at the first sign the fever is abating.

There are millions of Thai people who need to earn a living and get their lives back on track after months of misery being locked up with their families. For many of them the lifting is already too late. 

The official numbers and the increasing rate of vaccinations support the easing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buick said:

It’s because the case numbers aren’t fake, they are just incomplete. Fortunately, they are consistently incomplete, which means they can be compared to previous results.

36 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Very effective surely?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9935385/AstraZeneca-vaccine-best-keeping-people-hospital-just-1-52-cent-admitted.html

Somewhat unexpectedly it appears to be the best in key regards.

A promising read, I've purchased a Moderna for early 2022, may give it away, another AZ or JJ could possibly be a better choice if need be, I really don't know.

Edited by CANSIAM

1 hour ago, buick said:

i didn't see anything resembling a 'celebration' in the post you quoted.  i also didn't see a reference to 'only 100'.  it seems you added alot of drama to a post that didn't have any.  the informational posts here are alot more helpful than those adding the 'drama'.

Spot on. Thanks for clarifying. Much appreciated. 

There was no celebration. Every death has a dramatic effect on a persons loved ones whether it be Covid or road death or any other and to say I inferred anything else is false and a personal slur. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

I don't know what part of Thailand u live in, but where I live any foreigner who wants a vaccine can get one very easily, walk in vaccines every week. 

Only around 45% of the first target group of 70% of the population have received their first shot, where you live is not the norm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Define "sufficient".  Are you referring to coverage for school staff or the whole population?  If the latter, maybe schools will never open again.

School's going to open up next term, they prepare that already. They dont have any excuse to not do that anymore after open up other things in country. Wife's niece going to graduate from Khon Kaen university next "spring". Hope not much effect how they have study they degree's to finding job. Wife has done enough to paying hole her study in university, i hope she can pay her own life now on. 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

China vaccine diplomacy wavers as nations seek Western shots

In the early days of the Covid-19 vaccine rollout, Chinese shots saved countless lives. They kick-started inoculation programs across Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, while richer countries hoarded scarce mRNA shots from Pfizer Inc. and Moderna Inc.

https://www.bworldonline.com/china-vaccine-diplomacy-wavers-as-nations-seek-western-shots/

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

A promising read, I've purchased a Moderna for early 2022, may give it away, another AZ or JJ could possibly be a better choice if need be, I really don't know.

I know a few Thai people who will pay for moderna and let you have your Astra Zeneca under the skin, no social distancing jab  that no one outside Thailand accepts vaccine. 

interested?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Vaccine doses administered yesterday - total 628,586

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1443453718645465093

467228352_OperaSnapshot_2021-09-30_125624_twitter_com.png.f6916328dbc1ee9e47045b239d011a10.png

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 109: 626,896

DAY 110: 1,300,677

DAY 111: 112,215 <— Sat

DAY 112: 175,926 <— Sun

DAY 113: 734,597

DAY 114: 726,805

DAY 115: 628,586

TOTAL: 51,496,084 doses since 28 February #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1443463401066270722

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

I'm disappointed because things are getting worse and the government is being dishonest about pretty much everything. 

I am disappointed that my quality of life in Thailand has gotten 90% worse in the past year. I can only imagine how the average Thai feels like.

But let's see if things actually get better. I don't think so. Most of the world has ready had a 3rd booster jabs. I mean a 3rd booster with 3 quality jabs. I still didn't have a single one.

What part of Thailand do u live in which seems do be so difficult for you to get your first shot? U do understand they don't do deliveries. U actually have  to do some leg work. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I know a few Thai people who will pay for moderna and let you have your Astra Zeneca under the skin, no social distancing jab  that no one outside Thailand accepts vaccine. 

interested?

2 AZ was stabbed into my arm the correct way thanks, I'm sure the 'under the skin' experiment will continue for locals.......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Sept. 30, 2021) About 27.93% of the population is fully vaccinated. 31,785,716 (+203,168) people have received the first dose, while 18,486,111 (+387,229) have been fully inoculated.

FAg-ndbUcAIopbT.png.9ff7274446d3bf723deb9cc06407ff55.png

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1443472683891494915

A possible November 1 full opening looks dangerous for foreign holidayers........

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

A possible November 1 full opening looks dangerous for foreign holidayers........

You must have a very nervous disposition. 

Assuming you are fully vaccinated  I wouldn’t get too stressed. 

All the data is already going in the right direction and the vaccinations administered so far are obviously having some effect. 

Give it in another month the fully vaccinated numbers will also be a lot healthier and as posted in another thread the numbers of new infections are predicted to continually drop to around 3,000 according to the Public Health Ministry. 

For those who think coming with that scenario is dangerous then maybe it’s best not to come, but hopefully for the sake of the Thai people other people get a better perspective of the situation and return. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

To be fair they are not opening up in the true sense at all, just extending the sandbox experiment to other Provinces with a reduced mandatory stay in SHA hotels now down to 7 nights, unless you happen to have unvaccinated children then its 10 nights. Still with COE and 2 pcr tests while here, stay in the same zone as the SHA hotel for 7 nights. 

Great for expats and returning Thai's but doubtful there will be any large volumes of real tourists. The problems going to be for hotels and businesses to staff up, pay wages etc with little if any income to cover the expected influx

Finer details not even been published yet.

They need to concentrate on opening up to its own people first.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

Top 10 Provinces for new cases (not in prisons):

Bangkok 1,630

Samut Prakan 765

Chonburi 725

Narathiwat 617

Songkhla 566

Yala 561

Nakhon Si Thammarat 458

Samut Sakhon 444

Rayong 380 Ratchaburi 342