Intoxicated driver crashes his car into food cart vendors in front of Central Festival in Pattaya

webfact

tpn.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – An intoxicated driver crashed his car into several food cart vendors on Second road in front of View Talay 6 and Central festival yesterday morning. 

The Pattaya City Police were notified of the accident at 11 A.M. yesterday (September 30th) on Pattaya Second Road in front of View Talay 6 and Central Festival shopping mall.

They and The Pattaya News reporters arrived at the scene to find the damaged white car, food carts, and several shaken but mostly uninjured food cart vendors.

The intoxicated car driver, whose name was not given by police, had already been taken to the Pattaya City Police Station located only a short distance from the accident on Soi 9. According to Pattaya police, the driver was so intoxicated, despite it being 11:00 in the morning, 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/01/intoxicated-driver-crashes-his-car-into-food-cart-vendors-in-front-of-central-festival-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Apart from the pished up driver being charged, Food vendors parked on the red and white curb causing an obstruction Nah zilch.   

Yes if I was the drunk driver I would of said  " If these vood fenders had , had had not farked there i would have been good to go or stop ".

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Sheeseh  11 AM?  Sun in his eyes?

My Dad owned a lounge in the states when I was in High School and College.  Best deli food around and daily specials.  When I worked there all those years, literaly every day, about 1030 AM the locksmit from across the street was sitting at the bar, just like Norm or Cliff from the TV show Cheers. 

I worked at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard as a Toolmaker. Just outside the base was a little bar with a lunch counter. EVERY workday around 11:30, the owner would line up three shots of whiskey  at about a half dozen seats at the lunch counter. As soon as the lunch whistle blew, the regular imbibers ran into the bar, slammed down their money and the shots, then stagger slightly back to work. Obviously that was a few decades ago.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I worked at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard as a Toolmaker. Just outside the base was a little bar with a lunch counter. EVERY workday around 11:30, the owner would line up three shots of whiskey  at about a half dozen seats at the lunch counter. As soon as the lunch whistle blew, the regular imbibers ran into the bar, slammed down their money and the shots, then stagger slightly back to work. Obviously that was a few decades ago.

I often get the feeling that Thailand society is at the same social awareness/freedoms stage as the UK and US were 60 years ago but with the complexity and conveniences of modern life that we didn't have.

• Like 1

Probably a Thai I hear you say, maybe it was, because Farangs would never do such a thing..........right.

UK.

About 85,000 people are convicted of drink driving related offences each and every year in England and Wales alone

US Stats: 

About 1.5 Million DUI's in a given year.

Edited by Broken Record

On 10/1/2021 at 4:13 AM, Gold Star said:

If they sold alcohol in the afternoons, he wouldn't have had to start so early to try to make it through the day.

One more example showing how the 2-5pm alcohol-selling ban, thought up a few years ago by a nitwit, is effective and does deter people from getting intoxicated. 

2 hours ago, Anant72 said:

One more example showing how the 2-5pm alcohol-selling ban, thought up a few years ago by a nitwit, is effective and does deter people from getting intoxicated. 

The total ban on Sales will sort that out.

Remove this poison from the shelves, it kills million every year and causes so much trouble to society it should be on the dangerous drugs list.

Edited by Broken Record
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1