Electric vehicles of all kinds

Kanada

Company developing new battery tech with 750 mile range.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/electric-vehicle-battery-startup-one-040927651.html

“ONE, a year-old startup thats funded by Bill Gates Breakthrough Energy Partners, recently emerged from stealth mode, is working on a dual battery that combines a structural cell-to-pack design that uses cobalt- and nickel-free cathodes, with a second, high-energy pack that can recharge the first, potentially doubling vehicle range to 750 miles.”

ONE founder and chief executive Mujeeb Ijaz, is a battery systems engineer with more than 30 years' experience at Ford Motor Co, Apple Inc and A123 Systems, 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

Well it looks like the flat earthers have finally abandoned this thread for good.

Hertz Rentals orders a fleet of Tesla’s and the stock surges 14%.

Hertz's decision to order 100,000 Tesla vehicles by the end of 2022 showed electric vehicles are no longer a niche product, but will dominate the mass car market in the near future.

"Electric vehicles are now mainstream, and we've only just begun to see rising global demand and interest," said Hertz Chief Executive Officer Mark Fields. 

Elon Musk has set an annual sales target of 20 million vehicles a year. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, seedy said:

Sick of Fanatics more likely

Agreed. Those climate change deniers that parrot fossil fuel propaganda are just too much.

Glad they are gone.

It's ironic that Musks personal wealth is now worth more than EXXON.

He earned $36 billion on Monday.

Edited by LarrySR

4 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Well it looks like the flat earthers have finally abandoned this thread for good.

Hertz Rentals orders a fleet of Tesla’s and the stock surges 14%.

Hertz's decision to order 100,000 Tesla vehicles by the end of 2022 showed electric vehicles are no longer a niche product, but will dominate the mass car market in the near future.

"Electric vehicles are now mainstream, and we've only just begun to see rising global demand and interest," said Hertz Chief Executive Officer Mark Fields. 

Elon Musk has set an annual sales target of 20 million vehicles a year. 

It makes sense, but do you think it is enough to get Hertz out of bankruptcy?

In any event, I'm still waiting for you to post a link to one of the daily press releases you claimed were put out by the fossil fuel industries.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

Don't you know - Electric Jesus can do anything !!!

Think of him as Jesus 2.0

Oh no. The climate change denier weirdos are back on the thread. 
If we wanted to hear more fossil fuel propaganda, we can just go to our television & turn on Fox. 

You guys should start your own thread about the environmental benefits of the coal and oil industry. 

Edited by LarrySR

19 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Oh no. The climate change denier weirdos are back on the thread. 
You guys should start your own thread about the environmental benefits of the coal and oil industry. 
If we want to hear more fossil fuel propaganda, we can just turn on Fox. 

Another well thought out response. 

That's the best you can do? 

24 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Unless you want to drive from Malibu to Mammoth or Las Vegas for the weekend....

99% of users will find the 300 mile range more than adequate. 
But hey, if you’re one of the Thai Visa climate change deniers that always drive cross country, you should stick with gas for now……or stop every 5 hours for 20 minutes at a supercharger that gives 80% charge. 
By the time you have a nice meal and take a <deleted>, you’ll have another 240 mile range. I think that’s enough driving for me in a day. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 2

My EV and renewable energy stocks were up 23% - 43% last month. 
BYDDY +33%
CSIQ +23%
NIO +23%
LI +34%
XPEV +43%
CHPT +30%
Been thinking of buying the Model 3. Have to ask the landlord about running a wire out to the parking spot. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

99% of users will find the 300 mile range more than adequate. 
But hey, if you’re one of the Thai Visa climate change deniers that always drive cross country, you should stick with gas for now……or stop every 5 hours for 20 minutes at a supercharger that gives 80% charge. 

Where are all these "climate change deniers" you are always talking about? I think you are lying about that like you are lying about the daily press releases from the fossil fuel companies. 

I don't "...always drive cross country...", but I do drive up or down county a couple times a year, you don't? 

Which Tesla do you have anyway? 

23 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Visited this thread a while ago but disappointed to read all the doom and gloom posts.  Just found this overview of the Gridserve charging station in Essex, England - it's what PTT and others should be building (or at least planning) here.  BEVs are coming and although there may be some other ICE alternatives I strongly doubt any will come close in take up over the next 20 years or so.

https://gridserve.com/braintree-overview/

Nice.

Gridserves 350kW stations give 100 mile charge in 5 minutes and they claim to build the best solar farms on Earth. 

Edited by LarrySR

42 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Nice.

Gridserves 350kW stations give 100 mile charge in 5 minutes and they claim to build the best solar farms on Earth. 

Do you think one of these would be profitable for Ptt? 

If so, where should they put it? 

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I bet your great grandpa at the turn on the century was annoying the neighbors with silly, assnine remarks about the new fangled automobiles.

"Who needs car? Where you going to buy gasoline? My horse can go all day and eat grass on the side of the trail."

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Don't take it so literally. I linked to one of the most advanced facilities in the UK and of course this won't work here as things stand, but the demand is building and make no mistake it will come before too long.  In the last year PTT has built about half a dozen huge gas station/retail developments here in Chiang Mai with no sign of a charging point which is disappointing, not to say short sighted in the extreme.  I can only hope that they've installed some as yet hidden infrastructure ready to meet demand when it becomes obvious.  The fact that these gas stations have lots of retail space and parking makes them a natural candidate for a charging station.

Edited by Greenside
missed period (the grammar type)
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

I bet your great grandpa at the turn on the century was annoying the neighbors with silly, assnine remarks about the new fangled automobiles.

"Who needs car? Where you going to buy gasoline? My horse can go all day and eat grass on the side of the trail."

Another bet you would lose. 

I am all for electric cars and think they are great for people that want them and for people that sell them. I am not trying to talk anyone out of buying one or investing in them. 

Why don't you take some of the money you're raking in and build a solar powered charge station rather than playing the same old tired chin-music. ? That would be a great business for you, yes? 

Put your money where your mouth is. 

41 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Does anyone know what became of the loudly trumpeted BYD Taxi deal in 2018?  https://www.electrive.com/2018/08/16/byd-delivering-1000-electric-cars-to-bangkok/

There are EV Society BYD VIP taxies operating in Bangkok. I believe you can hail one on their App. 

GOOGLE 'EV Society Bangkok'

The BYD "Thai Smile Bus" (TSB) are running in Bangkok. They expect to increase the fleet to 120 units in the next few months.

You can download the TSB GO App to see the services and how many passengers are currently on each bus.

I believe they even have an alcohol fogging machine that is supposed to kill the Covid virus as passenger board. LOL

You can get a piece of the action buying the stock on the US exchange, symbol BYDDY.

BYD is the biggest electric vehicle builder in the world with 250,000 employees and sells 30,000 vehicles a month in China and with sales all over the world.

More than 20,000 taxies in Shanghai and 500,000 buses all over China.

They also make forklifts, vans, street sweepers, garbage trucks, running exclusively on batteries.

China is trailblazing the technology while the fossil fuel industry and Republican lawmakers in the USA are dead set on slowing the progress.

EV Society.jpeg

Edited by LarrySR
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Don't take it so literally. I linked to one of the most advanced facilities in the UK and of course this won't work here as things stand, but the demand is building and make no mistake it will come before too long.  In the last year PTT has built about half a dozen huge gas station/retail developments here in Chiang Mai with no sign of a charging point which is disappointing, not to say short sighted in the extreme.  I can only hope that they've installed some as yet hidden infrastructure ready to meet demand when it becomes obvious.  The fact that these gas stations have lots of retail space and parking makes them a natural candidate for a charging station.

I don't doubt demand is building, but it is not likely they would combine charge stations with traditional fuel stations, and I can't imagine a charge station would be profitable. 

In urban areas, the pump's bread and butter are daily drivers. Who would trade with them? Virtually everyone buying EVs are charging them at home. 

In rural areas the pumps are dependent on longer distance drivers and what few locals they have. People driving long distances are not likely to have EVs. 

The time issue is not insignificant. If you have a 12-pump station, you'd need 36-pump station (+ or -)  to put the same number of vehicles through. 

And you still have to burn fossil fuels to charge the batteries. 

Bangkok hospital Pattaya have just installed an EV charging station at the front of the building, I think it can accommodate 3-4 EV's but haven't seen it in use yet. 

See a few Tesla's in Pattaya sometimes on BKK no plates.

It's slowly coming and a Goggle search say about 800-1000 charging stations currently in Thailand but I can't find a map showing them, only the MG chart below.

The main advantage is local pollution, the air in BKK could be so much cleaner is say 50% of all vehicles was EV's.

I read that most MG dealers have charging stations but doubt you can roll in in your Tesla and get charged?

Not much fun sitting at a MG dealer waiting for your EV to charge up.

EV | Charging station

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seedy said:

In Australia, he is known as John the Bogan.  

Last year Tesla sold 500,000 units and he claimed "Tesla is doomed!"

This year Tesla will sell well over 800,000 units. 

Bogans are uncouth, unsophisticated, repugnant clowns that must be kept separate from their female offspring to prevent errant mating activity. 

Probably an anti vaccine, climate change denier with a 'Trump 2020' bumper sticker on his car.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1