First batch of Moderna vaccine expected to arrive in Thailand in November

snoop1130

000_9DH2EB.jpg

The first lot of the Moderna mRNA vaccine is expected to arrive in Thailand in November, according to a statement issued by ZP Therapeutics Company, a unit of Zuellig Pharma, the importer of Moderna vaccine in Thailand.

A total of 1.9 million doses of Moderna vaccine will be delivered by the end of this year. The remainder – 6.8 million doses – of the make, ordered by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), will be delivered to Thailand in the first quarter of next year, said ZP Therapeutics.

Although global demand for COVID-19 vaccines have far exceeded the rate of supply, the company said that it has been working with all parties in Thailand to make sure that enough of its vaccine will be delivered as quickly as possible, adding that the company is fully supportive of the Thai government’s mass vaccination plan.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-batch-of-moderna-vaccine-expected-to-arrive-in-thailand-in-november/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

<deleted> hitting the fan as people asking for money back as worried they won't get their order till next year. Who can blame them? The government were slow to order on behalf of private hospitals then said money up front. Many who have ordered have not put their names down for free government jabs.. Can't see people getting their money back now.????

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe it is the governement ordered vaccine.. I still think that the private hospitals will get there vaccine this month.

My private hospital sent me a text saying first or second quarter of next year with a “no guarantees” statement following it.  Oh well…it is what it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

will believe when I see it, tired of their constant "fake news" it does drain me

What a drag.

We were hoping mid October.

Such a screwed up way Thailand orders these vaccines.

Get the damned GPO out and let the Private hospitals order there own like they do with there other vaccines and medicines.

Everyone is so sick of this inept government.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Sadly they could be having 2 shots of Pfizer or AZ free of charge. Many already double jabbed.

My Thai wife isn't eligible for Pfeizer.

Now its there mixing useless Sinovac with Astra Zeneca for Thais.

Useless mixture for traveling.

Hopefully the Moderna comes November.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

The wife is supposed to be having a moderna jab this week ,i keep telling her no chance ,but her friend who owns a law firm has paid for them and she reckons that they will be there so the wife will give it till next week ..

November the earliest.

That's if you registered the first day.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

Wow, how many suckers paid 4000 baht for an Oct delivery?

Once its here next month the suckers will be the cheapskates.

Once the 5th and 6th wave come you'll wish youd ponied up. 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Once its here next month the suckers will be the cheapskates.

Once the 5th and 6th wave come you'll wish youd ponied up. 

pah I  ponied  nothing and got two  pfizer thru the thank a yank donation and the Thai  hospital free

• Like 1

Glad I declined that pre paid October scam. Asked nurses at Loei hospital when they really thought it was coming they all said the end of the year MAYBE. It would not have worked for me anyway because I travel to the USA at the end of the month. I would have had no time for vaccination. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

The wife is supposed to be having a moderna jab this week ,i keep telling her no chance ,but her friend who owns a law firm has paid for them and she reckons that they will be there so the wife will give it till next week ..

Read the article, It says November and that's just the first delay. I was told end of the year by the hospital staff i talked too. I decided not to pre pay

• Like 1

MedPark is telling me mid November. I can wait, but am worried I can't get the 2nd shot 28 days after the first, and if delayed excessively it won't be a recognized vaccine. Of the 1.9mn first shipment, RedCross will take the first 1mn, so only 900k this year for pre paid.

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe it is the governement ordered vaccine.. I still think that the private hospitals will get there vaccine this month.

I don't think the "government" will allow private hospitals to receive and administer Moderna before them. It might only be a few days but the regime can't be shown to be outperformed by private industry.

4 hours ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

Umm yeah ok, except been vaccinated already - last thing I'll ever do is wait for Thailand to pull their heads out of their <deleted> 

True.

Drives me crazy.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

pah I  ponied  nothing and got two  pfizer thru the thank a yank donation and the Thai  hospital free

Getting my second Pfeizer tomorrow.

I'm trying to get my Thai wife and her elderly mother vachinated with Moderna.

I guess next month.