The Infectious Nature of Misinformaton

Chomper Higgot

12 hours ago, codemonkey said:

The letter is available on line.

https://nsba.org/-/media/NSBA/File/nsba-letter-to-president-biden-concerning-threats-to-public-schools-and-school-board-members-92921.pdf

It discusses "threats and acts of violence" and documents a large number of them.

Many of these threats and acts of violence are apparent and obvious in numerous videos that have been made public.

The part of the letter that is being exaggerated is this:

"As these acts of malice, violence, and threats against public school officials have increased, the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes."

Threats of violence and acts of violence should be prosecuted and school board members and educators should be protected.

There should be nothing controversial about that.

If violence and threats of violence fit the legal classification of domestic terrorism and hate crimes they should be treated appropriately.

Read the letter. 

Again the slightest effort can clear up any confusion and you can see with your own eyes instead of taking the word of some crazy website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The intentional Covid disinformation machine gins up and exploits their viewers for political purposes. 

Agitated, "low info fan boys" that watch that tripe go berserk, even threatening school teachers.

Here is a school board member discussing the confrontations her and her family must endure from the anti mask, anti vaccine demographic. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

Stunningly, a Senior Republican Senator told a Fox News host on air Sunday morning that coronavirus vaccines are “experimental” and that ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug, is not being promoted as a COVID-19 treatment because there’s “not money in it.”

Neither of these statements is true.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 4:32 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

The irony, misinformation spreading disease like in the furtherance of undermining the fight against a disease that has killed over 4,500,000 people and continues to kill. 

When I'm looking for misinformation I seek out 

CNN, MSNBC, &c.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Stunningly, a Senior Republican Senator told a Fox News host on air Sunday morning that coronavirus vaccines are “experimental” and that ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug, is not being promoted as a COVID-19 treatment because there’s “not money in it.”

Neither of these statements is true.

What's more amazing is that many members of the GOP still support the Big Lie. Boggles my mind how anyone could fall for this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, papa al said:

When I'm looking for misinformation I seek out 

CNN, MSNBC, &c.

They are ok, at least you won't find out and out lies there. But very slanted towards the left. I  prefer proper medical sites for info on covid.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

More likely you need to appear liberal (and slightly effeminate) to get employed in journalism.

The days of being a macho drunken slob ended in the 80s.

I certainly pretended to fit in.

Where is the school of journalism? Ummmm...in the liberal arts.

3 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Could it be, professionally trained journalists tend to be liberal because they have received a college education?

Everyone is aware, the higher the education the more liberal one becomes. The dictionary describes them as, enlightened, flexible, lenient, humanistic, permissive, tolerant, free, rational, understanding, advanced, broad-minded, intelligent, magnanimous, reasonable, receptive, unbigoted, unprejudiced, progressive, willing to consider ideas of others. 

Conservatives are generally considered undereducated, and described by the dictionary as, intolerant, narrow minded, reactionary, redneck, fuddy-duddy, diehard, stick in the mud, limited, greedy, mean, thrifty, timid, ungenerous, wanting, poor, conformist, religious, disposed to pre existing conditions, reluctant to consider new ideas or change and opposed to innovation.
Sitting ducks for slick 
manipulators who can steer them in any given direction. 

Agreed?

More important than the political tendencies of journalists is that of scientists.  They skew a lot more to the left than the average American. After all,  their profession is all about understanding data and drawing conclusions accordingly.

• Like 2