Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp hit by outage: tracker

webfact

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

What is Facebook?  Is it relevant?  Asking for a friend.

My kids tell me it's like an asylum a safe space where people can like people without having to smell them in close proximity? Kinda like here but with dynamic young influencers revealing diet tits.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

What is Facebook?  Is it relevant?  Asking for a friend.

Facebook is a service where you voluntarily upload all your personal data for the world to see while you are afraid that governments and big tech companies (GAFAM) may have access to your personal data. Facebook is your Big Brother (ref 1984) who you love, and you feed him not only facts but also your feelings, and you are then surprised if he takes advantage of it. 

How can you live without it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RickyJB said:

Best thing to happen would be big tech coorperations down for good. The amount of hacking, snooping ,spying done by these fb, instagram, whatts app lot is out of order.  Couple of days ago, Putin threatened fb, i reckon his hackers gave zuckerberg a warning. Fb promoting paedofile groups, gender freak nonsense, and pushing the vax, and deleting anything opposing it.. when clowns like george soros has massive shares in it , new world order is their agenda.. someone swith fb off for good.. 

If all the tech companies were down, you wouldn't have been able to post this. You would not have email or other means of communication with your home country - back to postal services.  Yeah, some people would like that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Well, on a serious note: from what I read, this is not just some glitch caused by an update of a router gone wrong, this seems to be serious, affecting the company worldwide, despite the various datacenters they have for backup. 

So the two things that come to my mind:

1. If it can hit a company like Facebook with thousands of security and other system engineers, it can hit ANY company. Just gone through my bookmark list and found quite a few companies that when going offline, would have a huge impact on my life.
  2. During such an outage, we all have NO IDEA about the safety and security of our data. That is why as soon as FB, Instagram and WhatsApp are back online, I will change the passwords and force my family to do the same. 

I would guess that the smugness in the face of Zuckerberg is crumpling by now... first the leaking of all his documents and now this... funny to see twitter messages flying around with messages like "TikTok is working".. "Twitter does not have problems" and so on. 

Unfortunately, 2 days after the service is restored, the majority of users will have forgotten it, and only the politicians will go on fussing about it like they had any idea to start with...

smells of inside job

• Like 2

Amazingly humorous that many of you here think this was hackers and that the timing of the outage and the 60-Minutes whistleblower piece was some kind of coincidence. I wonder how many have actually seen it - it is damning. 

IMO, FB took their platform down so they could install patches and replace some key algorithms used to manipulate the information presented to the masses.

That said, it will be interesting to see what consequences there will be for FB, if any. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, harada said:

Yee haa I can walk down the street without dodging the smartphone zombies ????‍♀️ 

Yes, just be careful not to slip on any crocodile tears being shed by all those ‘tough as nails’ FB users.  

Perhaps Thailand will again be having flood problems. 

47 minutes ago, khunPer said:

The World stopped working...????

Seriously though, I think we’ll likely see there was an uptick in worldwide productivity during the time of the outage. 

3 hours ago, DBath said:

Amazingly humorous that many of you here think this was hackers and that the timing of the outage and the 60-Minutes whistleblower piece was some kind of coincidence. I wonder how many have actually seen it - it is damning. 

IMO, FB took their platform down so they could install patches and replace some key algorithms used to manipulate the information presented to the masses.

That said, it will be interesting to see what consequences there will be for FB, if any. 

Expecting Bill Gates to be purchasing FB as a hostile takeover move.

25 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

So what?  Who cares?

Yep.

Suspicious alarm bells when things of this nature are overwhelming newsworthy and over concern is displayed. 

It's all about them.

The puppet masters. 

23 hours ago, RickyJB said:

Best thing to happen would be big tech coorperations down for good. The amount of hacking, snooping ,spying done by these fb, instagram, whatts app lot is out of order.  Couple of days ago, Putin threatened fb, i reckon his hackers gave zuckerberg a warning. Fb promoting paedofile groups, gender freak nonsense, and pushing the vax, and deleting anything opposing it.. when clowns like george soros has massive shares in it , new world order is their agenda.. someone swith fb off for good.. 

Congratulations ….you have managed to get the full list of emojis ???? …I had never seen it 

80BA5A02-E486-48A0-9B93-CB2C759AC7CC.jpeg