Double Vaxxed And Caught Covid: Anyone Else?

BKKBike09

10 minutes ago, hamleknoi said:

Here's a couple of Pfizer scientists saying that natural immunity is superior. Many still don't understand that.

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/pfizer-scientist-your-antibodies-are-probably-better-than-the-vaccination/

Feel free to attend a covid delta party to contract the virus and see how it works out for you. Report back on findings……..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry but Project Veritas is a known right wing conspiracy group run by James O'Keefe a known conspiracy theorist who advocates for QANON as well.  Try again

Yes, anything out out by that mob is best ignored.  I'm surprised he hasn't been jailed yet!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

What a terrible month it's been for you.

Dengue!  I understand thats really awful.

How do you think you got the dysentery?

Hygiene isnt a highlight of Thailand to say the least.

Try to stay healthy in October, you need to trick or treating October 31st!

Appreciate the sentiment but I haven't had Covid, dengue and amoebic dysentery in the same month - I said "over the years".

After first bout of dengue (when I was working in Laos) I was laid low for about a month with post-viral malaise (sound familiar ... Covid's not the only viral illness than can impact for months). Second bout (caught at home in Bangkok) was hospitalised because of falling platelet count although ironically the pain and fever was much better by the time I was admitted.

Amoebic dysentery came from water during a Japanese Death March-like trekking 'experience' (5 days of solid rain, nothing to eat apart from food we carried with us, chased at one point by an extremely unhappy elephant, fun times ...).  My enduring memory of amoebic dysentery is that I had 54 bowel movements in 4 days in the hospital: I had to record each visit to the dunny in order for the docs to see whether the medication was working. Plus I lost 15 kg. Since we were trekking 3 hours walk from the nearest road I was very lucky I didn't get ill till the day we got back.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:44 AM, bluebluewater said:

I have known three people (not in Thailand) who fall under the category of DVBCC.   All three have said " you don't want this".  One had a bit of an easier time, the other two were bad sick.  Even a couple of months later they still have effects of the virus pop up on them.

You know what a mild case is not a days in hospital talk?  It's when you don't need to go to the hospital.  Really . . . 

You can have a temp of 104 and the trots and the bed sheets are wet for days, brain fog, etc., and that is now considered a mild case.

That was always considered a mild case of covid. "serious" cases end up in hospital. As long as one can breathe and have high o2 saturation, one can stay home and tough it out (and isolating from others, of course).

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry but Project Veritas is a known right wing conspiracy group run by James O'Keefe a known conspiracy theorist who advocates for QANON as well.  Try again

Are the people in the video not scientists that work for the company though?

Does it matter where the video is hosted? Clearly didn't watch it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

• Like 1

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Two thirds of us will follow government orders. Get your jab.

One third of us will rebel and ask questions and do research.

Milgram summarized the experiment in his 1974 article "The Perils of Obedience",

I, for one, rebelled and did my research. Then I got the jab. Having a PhD in biology helps navigate and absorb the maze of research articles. 

On 10/5/2021 at 10:39 PM, Sheryl said:

These are called "breakthrough infections". They do occur, but  rarely.From UK research about 0.2% of people fully vaccinated

Is it 0.2% of all covid deaths? In the USA, some states like Maine have as high as 5% of all covid deaths are attributed to breakthrough cases. A state by state breakdown of hospitalizations and death among of breakthrough cases. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/10/us/covid-breakthrough-infections-vaccines.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hamleknoi said:

Are the people in the video not scientists that work for the company though?

Does it matter where the video is hosted? Clearly didn't watch it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Your a believer in conspiracies, better do some more research as your hero gaslights others for his agenda. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your a believer in conspiracies, better do some more research as your hero gaslights others for his agenda. 

So, those scientists getting caught by a hidden cam are a 'conspiracy'?

A new study from Israel suggests immunity gained after recovering from a bout of COVID-19 is more protective against the new Delta variant than vaccine-induced immunity. Natural immunity was estimated to be about 13 times stronger than having two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210830/Does-SARS-CoV-2-natural-infection-immunity-better-protect-against-the-Delta-variant-than-vaccination.aspx

FDA voted against a booster shot due to efficacy and concerns about safety in younger people.

Here you have a Harvard epidemiologist also saying the same thing. Only the truly vulnerable should be vaccinated.

who's my hero? I don't even visit that site. The video is hosted there though. Take your tinfoil accusations elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 12:49 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Well some people believe that masks are around for the long haul. Between Covid and the PM 2.5 air issues I believe in them too.

20211006_112354.jpg

20211006_112412.jpg

There are no masks in sight in Scandinavia anymore. They are being sold with discounts now.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:51 PM, Denim said:

Husband and wife , Thai friends of wife in their mid 50's. Both had Delta a month ago. They were rounded up by the authorities and put into the local emergency quarantine facility. Not too bad as big place but only about 20 inmates and it was air conditioned.

Both now recovered and back to normal, apparently none the worse for ware.

Were the Thai friends vaccinated with two shots?

17 hours ago, pizzachang said:

. This is only my opinion and personal experience, but I would trust a traditional vaccine ( such as the Johnson & Johnson or Sinovac before an mRNA. The freedom to choose is valuable.

Johnson & J use the same technology as Astrazeneca. It's not considered traditional like inactivated virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine.html

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

Pfizer in Asia is no different to Pfizer in UK e.g.

This is true for normal vaccines but Pfizer require very low temperature to store , or else it will be ineffective because rna is unstable.

How many hours can the vaccine remain stable once it is taken out of the special fridge in Thailand's hot weather?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rabang said:

There are no masks in sight in Scandinavia anymore. They are being sold with discounts now.

But then does Scandinavia have the PM 2.5 air quality issues we see here in Thailand and Asia due to burning and factories.  That is why we will continue to see masks being worn no matter what in one form or another.  Have a great day.

9 hours ago, hamleknoi said:

So, those scientists getting caught by a hidden cam are a 'conspiracy'?

A new study from Israel suggests immunity gained after recovering from a bout of COVID-19 is more protective against the new Delta variant than vaccine-induced immunity. Natural immunity was estimated to be about 13 times stronger than having two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210830/Does-SARS-CoV-2-natural-infection-immunity-better-protect-against-the-Delta-variant-than-vaccination.aspx

FDA voted against a booster shot due to efficacy and concerns about safety in younger people.

Here you have a Harvard epidemiologist also saying the same thing. Only the truly vulnerable should be vaccinated.

who's my hero? I don't even visit that site. The video is hosted there though. Take your tinfoil accusations elsewhere.

The body always has an increase in it's immunity towards certain viruses as the body learns from being infected and fighting the virus.  The vaccines give one a leg up and add immunity to the system itself.  However, if you wish to take the chance that Covid will not infect you, severely causing medical issues that could also kill you, while a vaccine could help minimize this well then be my guest and good luck on your views. Look up the term Gaslighting so you may have some other insight into how your good Project Veritas Founder and Conspiracy theorist and QANON promoter acts.  Enjoy 

• Confused 1

Good that you were vaccinated. 

What you described will ultimately be the end game of this pandemic. People will be vaccinated so they can catch this infection same as they can catch the flu but without having to fear ending up in ICU on a ventilator. That doesn’t mean that there won’t be any severe cases and deaths anymore, same as we have deaths from the flu. But the overall risks and severity will be closer to a flu than what it is now. 

Of course, that’s assuming that this thing doesn’t mutate further. The worst case scenario still is that we get a worse variant that is resistant against the current vaccinations. That’s another reason why it’s so important that people get vaccinated. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But then does Scandinavia have the PM 2.5 air quality issues we see here in Thailand and Asia due to burning and factories.  That is why we will continue to see masks being worn no matter what in one form or another.  Have a great day.

No, it has some of the cleanest air in the world. I agree that against the pollution masks will be worn in Asia but I do not accept that we should use a mask forever as some are suggesting due to covid.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rabang said:

No, it has some of the cleanest air in the world. I agree that against the pollution masks will be worn in Asia but I do not accept that we should use a mask forever as some are suggesting due to covid.

Of course you may do as you please once restrictions are lifted here. Many may and many may not follow suit.

16 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Is it 0.2% of all covid deaths? In the USA, some states like Maine have as high as 5% of all covid deaths are attributed to breakthrough cases. A state by state breakdown of hospitalizations and death among of breakthrough cases. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/10/us/covid-breakthrough-infections-vaccines.html

No, 0.2%  is the percent of fully vaccinated people (in US, so mRNA vaccine) that develop breakthrough infections. Likely just symptomatic breakthrough infections that get diagnosed as asymptomatic infections would usually nto be diagnosed, also some very mild symptomatic cases might slip by.

As a percentage of all COVID deaths, fully vaccinated people account from anywhere between 0.5% (UK, June - July 2021) and 8% (US, April - June 2021).

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e1.htm?s_cid=mm7037e1_w

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 4:48 PM, connda said:

Sad that the 'vaccines' are not 'sterilizing vaccines' that promote full-immunity.  What the world really needed are Covid vaccines that give the recipient full immunity - like the polio vaccine.  Or the mumps vaccines.  Or the measles vaccines - all of which I've had.

It's unusual for injected vaccines to give sterilising immunity to respiratory diseases because such vaccines are not normally known to induce mucosal immunity.

There is some development going on into inhalable or edible vaccines, partly because it is hoped they would indeed lead to mucosal immunity.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

20 hours ago, mikebike said:

Yes. Because there will be no ongoing development of vax as the virus mutates... just like the flu, right? ????????????

Actually, SARS-CoV-2 does not mutate "just like the flu." It mutates in a quite, quite different (and relatively-speaking, slower) manner because of the different nature of its genome.

For instance, influenza viruses (of which there are dozens, each requiring a different vaccine, by the way) mutate mainly by two processes known as antigenic drift and antigenic shift.

In contrast, and as stated in the article below:

Unlike flu viruses, "Coronaviruses are not prone to undergo antigenic drift or shift."

The natural evolution of SARS-CoV-2

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

On 10/6/2021 at 8:41 AM, BKKBike09 said:

I didn't do a PCR test because it would have meant going to a hospital when I was almost certainly infectious and then, of course, there's all the palaver that follows a positive PCR test.

And that my friend is why the infection rate numbers can't be trusted in Thailand. 

How many people will not take the test from fear of being send to a detention area?

I wouldn't take the test either. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

And that my friend is why the infection rate numbers can't be trusted in Thailand. 

How many people will not take the test from fear of being send to a detention area?

I wouldn't take the test either. 

100%. I'd take a rapid one. And a good one, not all the junk that's flooded the market.