Death of trespasser: Swiss man's Thai wife was having affair with victim, say family

webfact

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

The husband and wife who bought the one rai of land from Setiyon for 290,000 baht have come forward. They've produced a copy of the sales contract and they're saying they gave Setiyon 40,000 baht as a down payment on September 13th, and the balance of 250,000 on October 1rst, the day before he was killed. The 250,000 has reportedly gone missing.

The cops should check the bills that were used to pay Rudolf's 300,000 bail for the fingerprints of the people who bought the land from Setiyon! If their fingerprints are on the bail money that was paid, that would be a huge break through on the case!

Sounds like there might be an other motive for the killing and it might not have been self defense. Who knows This makes it all a lot stranger. 

Plus the fact that there were no wounds on the farang.. does not make sense. Still lets wait and see.

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sounds like there might be an other motive for the killing and it might not have been self defense. Who knows This makes it all a lot stranger. 

Plus the fact that there were no wounds on the farang.. does not make sense. Still lets wait and see.

This case is really shrouded in mystery. If there was some sort of scheme in play, it obviously didn't work out as planned. The wife's denial of her relationship with Setiyon when the cops initially questioned her tells me that she is not criminally sophisticated and the sudden turn of events has caught her off guard and forced to make stuff up on the fly. Another example of this, is that when she was confronted with evidence that she had called Setiyon on the day of the incident, she attempted to claim that her phone had gone missing that day and that "there are witnesses who can confirm it." That's why I think, if she was in possession of the 290,000 baht that Seityon had received from the land sale, her lack of criminal sophistication and with her being overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events, she would not have had the wherewithal in the heat of the moment to consider the possibility that the land buyer's fingerprints might be on the money she used to pay Rudolph's bail.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Amarin news report (see post 2 posts above) summarize the suspicious elements of the case as follows:

1. Wife had contact with Setiyon on day he died

2. Fight between Rudolph and Setiyon resulted in serious injuries to Setiyon but no wounds to Rudolph

3. No damage to any kitchenware or furniture despite serious altercation

4. Once Rudolph got the gun away from intruder, why didn't he use it to control Sethiyon

5. Why did Lak deny having a close relationship with Setiyon when police questioned her initially?

6. What happened to money that Setiyon received from sale of land?

Getting back to the land sale and the missing money, bail of 300,000 baht was paid for Rudolph. Somewhere between 250,000 and 290,000 baht may have been on Setiyon's person at the time of his death. I'm sure the cops are considering the possibility that the missing money was used to pay Rudolph's bail. If the fingerprints of the couple who bought the one rai of land from Setiyon are on the bail money, that would be highly incriminating and would crack this case wide open.

The source of the money Swiss and wife,would also be on the bail money too,before and after handling

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

As I said in an post yesterday, this case is really shrouded in mystery. If there was some sort of scheme in play, it obviously didn't work out as planned. The wife's denial of her relationship with Setiyon when the cops initially questioned her, tells me that she is not criminally sophisticated and the sudden turn of events has caught her off guard and making stuff up on the fly. Another example, is that when she was confronted with evidence that she had called Setiyon on the day of the incident, she attempted to claim that her phone had gone missing that day and that "there are witnesses who can confirm it." That's why I think, if she was in possession of the 290,000 baht that Seityon had received from the land sale, her lack of criminal sophistication and her being overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events, she would not have had the where with all to consider the possibility that the buyer's fingerprints might have been on the money she used to pay Rudolph's bail.

Yes there might be some things hidden, those stupid explanations that a child would not even believe are a sure sign of it.

But the fact that the Thai guy supposedly had a gun (i mean pointed at the Swiss) and the Swiss still got the gun and the Thai got wounded while the Swiss was without wounds. That part is far more suspicious. 

I still have no real clue what happened but some lies are being told.  The idea of the Thai guy robbing the Swiss is crazy as the Swiss and his wife knew him (or the guy was really stupid cant exclude it but its doubtful), the fact that the land was sold but the money was not there is also a red flag. 

Its a strange story no matter how its spun.

I am not so sure anymore the swiss is not to blame (I mean I would not bet on this being self defense) but on the other hand I am not sure it is not self defense.

But there are many really strange things in the story that can point to either a murder or self defense.

I think its really strange how an much older guy can get a gun from a Thais hand and fight himi and have no wounds while the Thai ends up dead. 

Maybe he did get the gun of the guy tied him up and then gave him a beating because of pent up anger over the affair with his wife. Its also a possibility. Would explain why he has no wounds. Maybe he tricked the Thai guy to get his gun. Maybe the wife had got the gun earlier. So many things don't make sense.

I do know that the story has holes in them no matter what way you look at it.

On 10/6/2021 at 3:10 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

How about this :

The deceased has been reported to have received 40 000 Baht from the Wife , maybe that was a loan and the Swiss guy wanted the money back .

The deceased had sold his land and went to the guys house to return the money ?

I was with you right up to the point you said "return the money".

If there is one thing you can depend on in Thailand its that returning money is a very disgusting idea.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

The one strange thing in this case is that the dead guy has serious injuries and the older guy the Swiss has none and according to the Swiss guy the Thai had a gun. No idea how the Swiss guy can handle an younger guy with a gun and not have any wounds. Lets see what comes up.

I don't see it as that suspicious. In the re-enactment it seems he grabbed the arm that held the gun and forced him to the ground. If that part is true then it's quite possible he could have kneed, punched or kicked him enough to rupture his liver (the cause of death) without picking up any serious injuries. Maybe bruised knuckles if he used his fists but kicking/stamping would be the obvious choice.

The Thai could have landed punches without damaging the Swede. I've been punched pretty hard in the side of the head/neck and whilst it hurt, it didn't leave a mark. 

• Like 1

Wife want to be rid of her farang husband:  Suggest that her lover visits while she is out of the way, ( drink in bed,)  Lover can kill husband and disappear.  ife finds body and call police.  She has an alibi, lover nowhere to be seen.  Quickly hushed up as husband shot by unknown intruder, brown envelop ensure police do not look very far..  Grieving widow gets house, husband's insurance, and freedom.  Another mystery death of farang in rural Thailand, nobody is goin to ask questions about.  So easy to organise.  Has the Swiss husband got any family who will want to investigate this?  Probably not, and wife knew this.

It could happen to any one of us reading this forum?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. The wife's fingerprints on the bail money wouldn't be significant, as she's the one who paid the bail money. But if the land buyer's prints are on the bail money, that ties the bail money to Setiyon, and the wife would have to explain how she came into possession of the money.

You are right,presumed Swissie and co bought it,not so ,third party

Cannot see how Swissie is going to avoid prosection here,I think he indeed kill the guy,unitentionally ,but he was the only one to inflict injuries,the wife is not going to avoid prosection either   ,but she is one good looking lady,but the face mask alludes to a sexy being

Those bindings Swissie put on the guy should have been gotten rid of as soon as Swissie realised there was no threat and before the cops got there,that will hang him for sure

So who is going to be the fall guy here for reduced sentence   ,she or him?

Edited by fredscats

2 minutes ago, Robin said:

Wife want to be rid of her farang husband:  Suggest that her lover visits while she is out of the way, ( drink in bed,)  Lover can kill husband and disappear.  ife finds body and call police.  She has an alibi, lover nowhere to be seen.  Quickly hushed up as husband shot by unknown intruder, brown envelop ensure police do not look very far..  Grieving widow gets house, husband's insurance, and freedom.  Another mystery death of farang in rural Thailand, nobody is goin to ask questions about.  So easy to organise.  Has the Swiss husband got any family who will want to investigate this?  Probably not, and wife knew this.

It could happen to any one of us reading this forum?

Nah  happened too many times for this cover up

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don't see it as that suspicious. In the re-enactment it seems he grabbed the arm that held the gun and forced him to the ground. If that part is true then it's quite possible he could have kneed, punched or kicked him enough to rupture his liver (the cause of death) without picking up any serious injuries. Maybe bruised knuckles if he used his fists but kicking/stamping would be the obvious choice.

The Thai could have landed punches without damaging the Swede. I've been punched pretty hard in the side of the head/neck and whilst it hurt, it didn't leave a mark. 

That is assuming everything is as he said, the money and the wife do seem to muddle that a bit. Anyway i really have no clear opinion on this. I know one thing this case is not cut and dry. At least in my eyes. 

Its really rare to grab a gun from an attacker but it could happen. It would make more sense if the Thai was tricked then beaten. But i was not there. I would not bet either way.  Too much is unclear.

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

The husband and wife who bought the one rai of land from Setiyon for 290,000 baht have come forward. They've produced a copy of the sales contract and they're saying they gave Setiyon 40,000 baht as a down payment on September 13th, and the balance of 250,000 on October 1rst, the day before he was killed. The 250,000 has reportedly gone missing.

The cops should check the bills that were used to pay Rudolf's 300,000 bail for the fingerprints of the people who bought the land from Setiyon! If their fingerprints are on the bail money that was paid, that would be a huge break through on the case!

The bail money has probably already been spent as the Custom's bribe payment on a soon to  be confiscated Ferrari.

20 hours ago, dunroaming said:
On 10/6/2021 at 4:58 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"As we all know..."

Such garbage.   Just get so sick of posters saying "as we all know", as though what follows that is ever accepted or substantiated fact, eg.  "the truth has little or no value in Thailand".

Fair comment Lou.  Should have said most of us know.

And "most of us know" would have been just as much garbage.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Mavideol said:
On 10/6/2021 at 4:38 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Never heard "the old saying" that goes, "there are always two versions of a fact".   Where did you find that gem?

maybe a problem with understanding English

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/life-lessons_b_5120740

There Are Always Two Sides To Every Story

There sure is on your behalf and thank you for confirming my point.  You said "there are always two versions of a fact", not "there are always two sides to every story".   Stories are not facts.    

• Like 1

I still think my idea of checking the bail money paid by the wife to see if the fingerprints of the husband/wife who bought the land from Setiyon the day before, if I may say so myself, is brilliant. If their prints can be found on the bills used to pay the bail, this would link this money to Setiyon, and Lak would have to explain how she came into possession of this money.

I have even gone so far as to call both the Udon Thani police department and Amarin TV in an attempt to share this idea. Some hack assigned to front desk duty at the Udon Thani police station hung up the phone twice on me, but I was finally able to reach someone at Amarin TV who promised to relay the email I sent to the reporter assigned to this case. I'm surprised more members of Thai Visa's armchair detective squad didn't give me a high-five or two for coming up with this idea (totally independently!), but it's all copacetic, no hard feelings.

At this point, I just want to say again that if the finger prints of the buyers (who paid Setiyon for the land the day before he died) are found on the bail money, that would link the bail money to Setiyon, and could well provide the leverage needed to crack this case wide open.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Haha 2

On 10/6/2021 at 4:58 PM, matchar said:

At least we have established the gun belonged to the intruder as I already suspected.

"...we have established..."

"We" have?   You mean that you and a team of Thaivisa sleuths are actually involved in the investigation and that conclusion is as a result of your enquiries?

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. The wife's fingerprints on the bail money wouldn't be significant, as she's the one who paid the bail money. But if the land buyer's prints are on the bail money, that ties the bail money to Setiyon, and the wife would have to explain how she came into possession of the money.

Apparently Sathian/Sathien/Setiyon sold 12 heads of cattle in September for 520k, and the Swiss wife got the bulk of that money (according to Sathian's mother). So if the police finds that the 290k from the land sale was used by the wife as bail money, her explanation for that would be easy enough: Sathian gave it to her. 

Edited by wadman

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...we have established..."

"We" have?   You mean that you and a team of Thaivisa sleuths are actually involved in the investigation and that conclusion is as a result of your enquiries?

Well it was reported in the media that the dead man's family aren't disputing the gun belonged to him and also a friend of the dead man also said it belonged to him so is that strong enough evidence for you?

I will leave the investigation to the police and I hope all parties are treated fairly but it seems most likely it was self-defense if the Thai man turned up at the Swiss man's house with a loaded gun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1