Wise transfer today 397 times faster than the speed of sound. Boom!

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Using which reason for the transfer, please?

I think you are exaggerating the speed a bit though. Ask Mr Einstein !   LOL

Monthly living expenses.

See the bottom line of the graphic....Boom! ????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could you use them to transfer from an Australian or New Zealand credit card to a friends Thai bank account.

I presume the credit card holder would have to open a wise account, funded via the credit card and then transfer from the wise account to the recipients Thai bank account having the swift code and name.

Is it a viable alternative to Western Union for someone wishing to use a credit card as source of funds.

Rates are certainly better.

22 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

That was fast.

Usually, I get the money the next working day.

That is usually if you put the reason as 'long term stay in Thailand' as then it has to go through some sort of manual check, and arrive as an International Transfer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sapson said:

Could you use them to transfer from an Australian or New Zealand credit card to a friends Thai bank account.

I presume the credit card holder would have to open a wise account, funded via the credit card and then transfer from the wise account to the recipients Thai bank account having the swift code and name.

Is it a viable alternative to Western Union for someone wishing to use a credit card as source of funds.

Debit cards only, I believe. Bank transfers as well.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

On 1st made 2 transfers of $1,500 from 2 US banks at 0757 and 0759 which should have been paid at 1400 for stay in Thailand - at 1050 advised they would not arrive until 1400 on 4th due a lot of people using Wise services (and weekend).  Received at 1400 on 4th.

Immediately after receiving made another $1,500 transfer for monthly living expense and that was received in 18 seconds.

All transfers were pull from US bank accounts.  So appears automatic transfers are very fast - long stay in Thailand flags for manual processing apparently.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sapson said:

much better than WU. Use this link to get your first transfer free    https://wise.com/invite/asd/robertk160

4 minutes ago, eyup said:

Just transferred some money to SCB  and same as OP In my account in seconds!!!

I want to check something.

Maybe my internet speed is guilty.

Could you please send some money to my account. Just to verify if your transfer arrives quicker.

Let's say, 5000$

I promise, I give it back to you.

maybe

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, sapson said:

Thanks but can the wise account transfer to Thailand be funded from a credit card?

Guy, I don't know particulars of using credit card.  But I do know it is too easy once you set it up with your home bank.  Takes few minute one time to set up then as easy and fast as typiing the numbers into the app.

wise.com will have all the particulars and you will know for sure. 

5 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

Guy, I don't know particulars of using credit card.  But I do know it is too easy once you set it up with your home bank.  Takes few minute one time to set up then as easy and fast as typiing the numbers into the app.

wise.com will have all the particulars and you will know for sure. 

Ok thanks will take a look at their info page.

On the topic of transfers from the UK to Thailand I am currently feeling very foolish. I've had to start withdrawing cash from my UK acc, have been using my UK debit card here and paying approx 15 quid in fees for each withdrawal, I could only take max Bt20,000 per day, so have made 4 or 5 withdrawals per month over the last several months.

I have never gone online before and transferred out of my UK bank, not even to another UK acc, let alone overseas, thought I may have to register and maybe be in the UK to do it, etc, never really gave it much thought. Then it occurred to me the other day that I should at least look into it, turns out it was simple, didn't even need to register, has large maximums per day and a fee of GBP9.50 per transfer. Money into my Thai acc in 2 working days. 

Moral of the story, I have wasted a lot of money on atm fees, plus the inconvenience of going to the atm and guarding my atm card for my life in fear of losing it. I am feeling rather stupid about it all.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

On 1st made 2 transfers of $1,500 from 2 US banks at 0757 and 0759 which should have been paid at 1400 for stay in Thailand - at 1050 advised they would not arrive until 1400 on 4th due a lot of people using Wise services (and weekend).  Received at 1400 on 4th.

BKK time or USA times?

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Using which reason for the transfer, please?

I think you are exaggerating the speed a bit though. Ask Mr Einstein !   LOL

The speed of sound, at sea level is 760 mph. The distance from London to Bangkok is 5920 miles. 5920/760 is 7.8, that's 7.8 hours! Even my slow transfers to Krungsri do better than that.

I don't think Mr. Einstein had much interest in the speed of sound. His forte was the speed of light, LOL.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sapson said:

Thanks but can the wise account transfer to Thailand be funded from a credit card?

I don't think Wise give a monkeys how they get your money, credit, debit or bank transfer., as long as they get it. There is a higher charge if you use a card due to charges Wise has to pay.