Thailand is open – a travel update from the tourism authority of Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Perhaps Thailand should tell the Thai embassy in the UK to open up so that people that want to come here can get visas. My friend has been trying but they are closed last I heard.

Perhaps you should tell your friend that UK citizens do not need a visa, unless they are planning a long stay.

While it's good news, note that visitors from the UK made up about 2.5% of all visitors to the Kingdom in 2019. (Ministry of Tourism and Sports figures). Removing Thailand from the Red list for the UK is a step in the right direction, not a game changer. 

• Like 2

It is my belief ( right or wrong ) , that Travel Insurance Companies will not issue any form of Travel Insurance to a Country that is under an Emergency Decree.

Who would travel without any Insurance, specially in these uncertain times.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure yes, it is open for people who do not need to stay up late, do not need or have to go to bars and drink, and those with common sense who realize wearing a mask may actually do some good. 

I hardly drink nor stay up late. Nor do i need a beer at 8 am.  You missed the point.  The entire COE process and expense related to getting permission to to go to Thailand makes TAT rejoicing  a farce.  As a fully vaccinated PLUS Pfizer booster i STILL wear masks everywhere.. commonsensical yes. But,  i dont make assumptions like you do about all arrivals  with a stroke of a brush 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure yes, it is open for people who do not need to stay up late, do not need or have to go to bars and drink, and those with common sense who realize wearing a mask may actually do some good. 

A holiday in the Isle of Wight would be preferable for these people.

• Haha 1

The Thai authorities need to get rid of the quarantine measures 

Then open up restaurants serving alcohol 

Until then Tourists will not come in big numbers 

Bars and clubs will no doubt be last on the list to open 

But tourists who still come can still enjoy the sights beaches Temples and so on ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

"travellers arriving in the UK from green list countries no longer need to do a pre-departure test, but must still book and pay for a day two PCR test."

but all airlines require tests before boarding their planes. Some would accept atk's from hospital, clinic and fit to fly certificate

I’m flying Finnair to U.K. on 27th but can’t find out if I need a PCR to board or not 

9 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Perhaps Thailand should tell the Thai embassy in the UK to open up so that people that want to come here can get visas. My friend has been trying but they are closed last I heard.

It would be helpful if Thai consulates could update their websites:

http://www.thai-consulate.org.hk/web/3015.php?s=4304

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

And, from recent experience, if you contact TAT and ask them for information or ask them who to contact about travel inside Thailand on arrival from abroad, they don't know.

After 2 days of waiting they sent a facebook message confirming they don't know and suggested I call the Thai embassy in my departure country and ask them who to contact.

I can't believe they don't know which agency to contact inside Thailand for this info.

Very poor service indeed.

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

"travellers arriving in the UK from green list countries no longer need to do a pre-departure test, but must still book and pay for a day two PCR test."

but all airlines require tests before boarding their planes. Some would accept atk's from hospital, clinic and fit to fly certificate

I would certainly not take this at face value, and would check with the airline well before going to check-in. It would be a happy surprise to find that pre-departure tests were no longer required for UK bound flights.

4 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

By the attitude of many of the consulates and embassies, in issuing COE, Thailand is far from being open in any kind of a form.

What people don't want to hear, after booking plane tickets and hotels, etc. and not getting COE in time to make it to the flight is "So what, then go and book another flight". If Thailand is really desperate for foreign arrivals, they really need to rethink the workload they are putting on the staff at the embassies and consulates in handling these papers, as well as their attitude adjustments.

Honestly, if I was a tourist wanting to go for a vacation in Thailand during the winter and got that kind of response, I'd cancel my hotel bookings and flights, go somewhere else and scratch Thailand off the list of countries ever to visit again.

29 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed. From a reference I posted yesterday regarding another OP:-

Thailand: the country with the most complicated entry restrictions on Earth

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/thailand-country-most-complicated-entry-130813731.html

Try Hong Kong...21 days quarantine for travelers from many countries, including Thailand, and only those with a HK ID.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

And, from recent experience, if you contact TAT and ask them for information or ask them who to contact about travel inside Thailand on arrival from abroad, they don't know.

After 2 days of waiting they sent a facebook message confirming they don't know and suggested I call the Thai embassy in my departure country and ask them who to contact.

I can't believe they don't know which agency to contact inside Thailand for this info.

Very poor service indeed.

Headless chicken running around the farm

• Like 1

"insights from our UK tour operators tells us there is huge interest in travel to Thailand and 1,000’s of postponed holidays set to be rebooked both for immediate winter sun getaways ..............."

And have the UK tour operators been informed that all the bars are still closed, and even in most restaurants, their customers will not  be able to have a glass of wine with their meal?