Check your accounts: 10,000 victims lose money from many banks in a single day

webfact

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Christ man, I do my banking on my PC and laptop.  What the heck is your malfunction? 

555555 you confuse people as you quote i do not do my banking online  or use my phone hey no big deal chill man 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

For Nationwide, I get an OTP on my phone via O2 SIM card

I have both GBP & THB balances in my Wise account.

I do online Bangkok Banking on both my PC & Phone.

I think it may help if you have VPN so they say 

2 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

I think it may help if you have VPN so they say 

The reply you quoted was to Smedly's earlier post. 

Yes, a VPN can ensure another level of security, and more importantly, can allow you to watch UK TV.

9 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

When my Kasikorn & Krung Thai ATM cards expired, I didn't bother to renew them. I use the bank phone apps to do cardless withdrawals from the ATM when I need money. One obvious advantage is that it protects against card skimmers.

Yeah, good idea. 

• Like 1

All accounted for.

Been using online banking, shopping, auto-payments, credit card purchases & payments, transfers, apps, linking & syncing and any other tech that frees me from dealing with people. So convenient and E-Z. Never any problems. However, back in the times before such tech...had my credit card info stolen twice. Both times having substantial fraudulent purchases. Both times credit card issuer contacted me to verify and I was not responsible for one cent of those charges. Issuing banks generally protect their customers and eat those charges. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2

10 k was ripped from my Bangkok bank account while I was OS. 

Bank staff were rude and not interested in even following it up. 

When I finally got through to the right person via phone I was told because it was over 120 days they couldn't do anything. 

I don't think so that was just round one 

4 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Yeah, good idea. 

Although I just took a look at the cordless withdrawal procedure for Bangkok Bank, not exactly easy. You have 60 minutes to get to an ATM, can only use their ATMs, and I would see older people finding it very daunting. (And Luddites like me). 

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Although I just took a look at the cordless withdrawal procedure for Bangkok Bank, not exactly easy. You have 60 minutes to get to an ATM, can only use their ATMs, and I would see older people finding it very daunting. (And Luddites like me). 

You can initiate it on your phone after you've made your way to the ATM.

• Like 1

Just now, treetops said:

You can initiate it on your phone after you've made your way to the ATM.

Yes I grasp that mate, but would not want to do it stood in front of the ATM holding up others. At least I can't leave the card in the machine though, I have done that once!

Does it let you select any amount? I always draw out xx900 baht to have some change.

2 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

What makes you say that? 

Not sure but reports on Thai Enquirer quote as "third-party overseas e-commerce platforms" as what Central Bank said (but knowing reporting here that could be charges rather than data).

3 hours ago, smedly said:

if you are happy then up to you 

Nationwide is highly secure - card reader

Wise - is a transfer company so no risk there as it doesn't carry a balance 

Bangkok Bank - ATM only

do you trust your VPN company - I see no need to use a VPN for the purpose you describe above

But like I said it is entirely up to you as long as you are happy and confident - plenty of reading on the net for this type of thing

Pretty much indicates a complete lack of understanding of what a vpn actually does. 

Vpns are certainly surrounded by myth and hype, but they do add an extra layer of security if you are uncertain of the network you are on.

If you are going to bother worrying about security, it is a reasonable step to take. 

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

Lost 45 x 34.15 from Bangkok bank.....never used PayPal in my life.

Wife said there was a very suspicious woman on her phone right next to the ATM when she made a cash withdrawal to go shopping!!!

Probably coincidence. 

Have just got through to Kasikorn bank as I was concerned (due to website down) that my account had been hacked. They recomended that I reduce my online spending limit to zero so nobody can use my credit. Website now in use and reduced my limits appropriatly. Luckily no hacking for me but when I need to do online purchase I have to increase my spending limit as needed. Probably should have checked my messages as Kasikorn send a message every time money comes out of my account.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Pretty much indicates a complete lack of understanding of what a vpn actually does. 

Vpns are certainlyb surrounded by myth and hype, but they do add an extra layer of security if you are uncertain of the network you are on.

If you are going to bother worrying about security, it is a reasonable step to take. 

Absolutely. VPN, anti virus and anti malware ..3 foundations of internet security.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not sure but reports on Thai Enquirer quote as "third-party overseas e-commerce platforms" as what Central Bank said (but knowing reporting here that could be charges rather than data).

Well, if it is PayPal then that’s good news because they usually look out for their customers and if they don’t cough up the missing money their reputation would be damaged irreparably, so they have to fork it out. 

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Wife said there was a very suspicious woman on her phone right next to the ATM when she made a cash withdrawal to go shopping!!!

Probably coincidence. 

I got into an argument with a Thai woman shoulder surfing me at an ATM one time.

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Vpns are certainlyb surrounded by myth and hype, but they do add an extra layer of security if you are uncertain of the network you are on.

and you missed my point entirely - I know exactly what a VPN is, I have qualifications in IT 

remember that a VPN is provided by a 3rd party so you need to be trusting them also, it adds another layer into the mix when it isn't necessarily needed 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I got into an argument with a Thai woman shoulder surfing me at an ATM one time.

Wife said it was very odd......she stood as if she was in the queue but never stepped forward when the ATM was free??

Edited by Will B Good