Vaccine passport - nice to have or actually needed?

JRG23

I'm getting a little stressed. I work in Thailand for a UK firm. My boss wants me back in UK early November.

I have been vaccinated, have the certificate, have a flight lined up, and have COE initial clearance.

But getting a Vaccine Passport is nearly impossible. I have tried so hard in recent days but haven't been successful.

So... Is this Vaccine Passport actually mandated - ie, you cannot get on a plane without one? Or is it just nice to have?

Does anyone have any experience, anyone actually know?

Cheers.

• Like 1

I agree. I'd much rather have the passport but I can't get it! Nowhere, literally, is available before I fly.

Surely these places will allow 'walk-in' customers to get passports? Anyone know if walk-ins are allowed?

It's a crazy system. It's a crazy country.

Edited by JRG23

4 hours ago, JRG23 said:

I agree. I'd much rather have the passport but I can't get it! Nowhere, literally, is available before I fly.

Surely these places will allow 'walk-in' customers to get passports? Anyone know if walk-ins are allowed?

This is one of the (or only as i recall) in the metro area that issues them on a walk-in basis.  i got mine thus way.  They cap the number of walk-ins and that cap is reached VERY early in the AM.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/bidi/

it’s not far from the Nonthaburi Provincial Government Complex MRT (Nonthaburi Civic Center) station and a short motorcycle taxi ride from that station. 

it looks like the TH govt is transitioning to allowing people to use their MorPhrom (MP) app to request this orange booklet, but as of today, while you can REQUEST it via MP, you still have to physically GO to the issuing office and receive/pay for it… but the app does show that postal delivery and online payment functionality will be coming at some later date.

i have a requested a second booklet via this MP app channel already, have an been approved with a scheduled pick up day set.

Edited by new2here

Take you passport and vaccine certificate to the Thailand Health Administration, which is not part of Thai hospitals. They will process your application for a Vaccine passport  (yellow book). takes about one week.

Edited by DUNROAMIN

34 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I get my 2nd AZ shot next Tuesday in Nakhon Pathom at a local municipal building used as a vaccine centre.

Not sure what I will get on the day as proof of double vaccinations?

You should get a 'Thailand national certificate of covid-19 vaccination' 

detailing the 2 vaccinations

with your name, address, Thai ID number or passport number and date of birth.

• Like 2

I asked the same question. 

UK will accept your certificate if it has the required info on it. 

On 10/18/2021 at 3:35 PM, Upnotover said:

According gov.uk a vaccination certificate is OK for travel from Thailand.  It needs to meet the following;

If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

The yellow 'passport' I believe is not a COVID requirement, it has existed for quite a while before COVID to evidence various different inoculations/vaccinations. 

You DO need the certificate issued by email by your local hospital showing both jabs. I did get the yellow book also though! My wife entered the UK (direct from Bkk) on Monday with no difficulty. 

The OP has ample proof for his needs and purposes and there is no requirement for a yellow vaccination booklet.

As others have said, this book has been kicking around pre Covid for inoculations. It is not a required document, whereas the signed and stamped letter is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JRG23 said:

In Udon Thani, they stopped handling 'walk-in' customers seeking the vaccine passport (small yellow book) at the local Public Health Office about two weeks ago. They said this was due to the surge in locals wanting them. It can all be done online with the Mor Phrom app apparently.

9 hours ago, JRG23 said:

MorProm APP is taking appointments (Bi-lingual) starting November for, as I understand, handing out the passport . enter Vac Certificate and Passport on App.
!!! This seems to be for BKK pick-up only. !!!

Locally,  processing time about 5 working days.

Edited by KKr

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

The yellow 'passport' I believe is not a COVID requirement, it has existed for quite a while before COVID to evidence various different inoculations/vaccinations. 

You DO need the certificate issued by email by your local hospital showing both jabs. I did get the yellow book also though! My wife entered the UK (direct from Bkk) on Monday with no difficulty. 

There has been a yellow-colored vaccination record for international travelers that's been around for decades. However, this is different from the new, yellow-colored Covid-specific yellow book that is being discussed here.

The MOPH certificate you get after getting two shots that has the QR code on the top right corner contains all the information that's required for international travel. The new yellow book isn't mandatory for international travel and may be required for domestic travel, ie. requested at a check point or for access to certain places.

YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, new2here said:

This is one of the (or only as i recall) in the metro area that issues them on a walk-in basis.  i got mine thus way.  They cap the number of walk-ins and that cap is reached VERY early in the AM.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/bidi/

it’s not far from the Nonthaburi Provincial Government Complex MRT (Nonthaburi Civic Center) station and a short motorcycle taxi ride from that station. 

it looks like the TH govt is transitioning to allowing people to use their MorPhrom (MP) app to request this orange booklet, but as of today, while you can REQUEST it via MP, you still have to physically GO to the issuing office and receive/pay for it… but the app does show that postal delivery and online payment functionality will be coming at some later date.

i have a requested a second booklet via this MP app channel already, have an been approved with a scheduled pick up day set.

Think I'll try this. Info much appreciated!

What time is very early. 6am/7am?

Cheers,

J

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

There has been a yellow-colored vaccination record for international travelers that's been around for decades. However, this is different from the new, yellow-colored Covid-specific yellow book that is being discussed here.

The MOPH certificate you get after getting two shots that has the QR code on the top right corner contains all the information that's required for international travel. The new yellow book isn't mandatory for international travel and may be required for domestic travel, ie. requested at a check point or for access to certain places.

YMMV.

Thanks. So TWO yellow vaccination books exist now. That's not confusing at all. Amazing lack of thought. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JRG23 said:

Think I'll try this. Info much appreciated!

What time is very early. 6am/7am?

Cheers,

J

plan to be there a little before 6:00am— say 5:30 to 5:45am… that way you get the lowest queue number.. the later numbers require you to wait until the afternoon or go home and come back .. so if you get there very early, you’ll probably get a low queue number and be seen/processed in the AM, therefore little waiting around time. 

Be sure you have paper copies of passport, 2-jab certificate.. they will ask to see them and will verify your jab status using the QR code. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

Thanks. So TWO yellow vaccination books exist now. That's not confusing at all. Amazing lack of thought. 

actually it kind of makes sense.  they basically copied the much older and established Yellow Fever booklet in terms of size, color, format etc.. so… to that end, I think it makes good sense — copy what has a proven record of success and international recognition…

• Like 1

15 hours ago, andychk said:

Needless to say there was no error,

Check carefully everyone….Bumrangrad left a number out of my passport number. Went the next day and they changed and gave me a new certificate. It was also corrected in morphrom when I checked later.

17 hours ago, new2here said:

must be here:

Screenshot 2021-10-22 082123.jpg

10 hours ago, new2here said:

actually it kind of makes sense.  they basically copied the much older and established Yellow Fever booklet in terms of size, color, format etc.. so… to that end, I think it makes good sense — copy what has a proven record of success and international recognition…

If the first book is still being used (?) I disagree. Same size/format OK (let's forget blind people), but different colour. 

14 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

OK, here is the safe side.

The hospital(s) vaccinate whatever they have on stock/advertise and upon completion of the vaccination, they will issue an A5 sized "Thailand National Certificate of Covid-19 Vaccination". This is a local, domestic paper, same as Moh Prom (which in most cases does not work). 

Heading for Europe, you want an "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" as issued by the World Health Organization (WHO). The "local" slimmed-down version is issued by the Ministry of Public Health in Thailand against presentation of your passport, Thailand National Certificate of Covid-19 Vaccination and a fee of 50 Baht (for which they even give you a receipt). 

I got mine in Nong Khai from the "Nong Khai Provincial Health Office" - the extended arm of the Ministry of Public Health; only they can ISSUE the booklet. Stamping of an existing booklet can be done by the administering hospital, which gives you the SECOND jab, provided you have proof of the first jab. 

Tedious, complicated, but that's how things run in this country. 

To be on the safe side, I had both yellow booklets stamped; the international one from the WHO I ordered by mail overseas. See enclosed photo (with erased personal details) for details - good luck!

International Certificate of Vaccination.jpeg

FACT  - You don't need a yellow Covid vaccine passport for travel to Europe.

Your vaccine certificate is all that is required.

• Like 1