Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, Jackin1960 said:

I need to visit to sort out my bank but all the BS is off putting and I don't fully trust that it will be as stated so sadly I will have to wait. I think anyone at TAT who thinks tourists will do this for a few weeks holiday are living in la-la- land.

The foreigners going now are also in La La Land.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

The requirement for insurance for those entering the country means that those of us above the age where insurance cannot be obtained, cannot depart the country as we will not be able to meet the requirement for re entry. This means in effect that we are being kept here against our will. How can we leave, knowing we will not be allowed to return to our families and property in Thailand? How many foreigners will now want to retire in Thailand? Another cash cow being led to the slaughter. Or have I got this all wrong?

Yea odd that the foreigners inside Thailand never checked for Covid not forced to do quarantine or buy insurance. I have a home and family also but am locked out because of Covid insurance. No empathy they could care less if your child was dying its all about $$$ to help their already rich friends.

Edited by Mitkof Island

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

That's too bad. I get straight on using Chrome, Opera and Microsoft Edge. There's something inhibiting your web experience.

Maybe my location .... a lot of USA News sources are very restrictive, hiding behind paywalls, wanting me to disable my Ad-Blocker, make a subscription etc. 

9 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

The 72 hour window between the time you get your result to submit and your approval

Still lost me. I assume your talking about 72 hours for the CPR results - you don't submit that anywhere, you show it at the airport.

Hey just wondering - does anyone have a list of approved hotels and related guidelines for the 1 day quarantine adventure?

I'm in the process of submitting a visa application to fly in early December and have booked a flight. Now just trying to figure out that hotel requirement. I kind of wonder if it's better to wait for closer to the date in case regulations change, but also prefer to give them ample time to process visa.

13 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Hey just wondering - does anyone have a list of approved hotels and related guidelines for the 1 day quarantine adventure?

https://asq.in.th/?durationSelectedItem=1 Day

https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages

A payment confirmation for no less than a 1-night stay upon arrival at the approved quarantine facilities (Alternative Quarantine – AQ, Organisation Quarantine – OQ, or Alternative Hospital Quarantine – AHQ), or SHA Plus-certified hotel.

The prepayment should cover both the 1-night accommodation, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK).

Point 5: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

There's a distinct lack of SHA+ packages in places such as Phuket and Pattaya to date.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe my location .... a lot of USA News sources are very restrictive, hiding behind paywalls, wanting me to disable my Ad-Blocker, make a subscription etc. 

I get that too, but this site works with an Ad-blocker.  

On 11/1/2021 at 12:00 PM, skorp13 said:

Why does someone previously infected with covid need a vaccine at all when their natural immunity is far greater that any vax? Again not following any science!

1. The current Covid vaccines are broadly effective against the various different strains of COVID.  If you are infected and recover from COVID absent a vaccination, the only natural immunity you'll have will be for the one particular strain that was your infection, not the various others.

2. Natural immunity is NOT far greater than any vax -- a claim you notably provided no source to support.

Rather, just the opposite, with the vaccines coming out on top:

CDC finds immunity from vaccines is more consistent than from infection, but both last at least six months

"It’s a question that scientists have been trying to answer since the start of the pandemic, one that is central to the rancorous political debates over coronavirus vaccine policies: How much immunity does someone have after recovering from a coronavirus infection, and how does it compare with immunity provided by vaccination?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has weighed in for the first time in a detailed science report released with little fanfare Friday evening. Reviewing scores of research studies and its own unpublished data, the agency found that both infection-induced and vaccine-induced immunity are durable for at least six months — but that vaccines are more consistent in their protection and offer a huge boost in antibodies for people previously infected.

In comparing the two types of immunity, scientists said research shows vaccination provides a “higher, more robust, and more consistent level of immunity to protect people from COVID-19 than infection alone.”

(more)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-finds-immunity-from-vaccines-is-more-consistent-than-from-infection-but-both-last-at-least-six-months/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/1/2021 at 6:37 PM, Salerno said:

but like to help out when I can in factual areas.

Sorry for the ping, but can I hit you with one more question?

My flight is scheduled to arrive at 12:05am. Do you think I can get away with booking just one night of ASQ (ie, land at 12:05am -> check in at 1:30am -> check out 12pm) or do I have to run it to two nights? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

My flight is scheduled to arrive at 12:05am. Do you think I can get away with booking just one night of ASQ (ie, land at 12:05am -> check in at 1:30am -> check out 12pm) or do I have to run it to two nights? Thanks!

That I'd be checking direct with the hotel; there was a post yesterday (I think it was) and a guy had been told 2 days by the hotel (Marriot from memory) quoting him their normal checkout and checkin times which IMO is ludicrous as these aren't "normal" circumstances.

The main issue being the CPR timing i.e. does the affiliate hospital have staff to do the tests at the hotel on call 24/7, if not can they arrange to have the swabs done at a testing centre/hospital on the way to the hotel or would you have to be taken to the hotel and then tested first thing in the morning. If having to do them first thing in the morning that could cause problems with a noon checkout.

I would think there'd be a hotel that would be accommodating (even if you get tested first thing in the morning you should get the results back around 2 pm (ish) so not that much over normal checkout) but might take a bit of tracking down.

• Thanks 1

@The Cipher

The post I was mentioning from memory (might be worth pinging FalangTingTong, he may have followed up on checking with other hotels already).

20 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I believe a two-night package is required if you arrive early *or* your PCR test result will not be back by normal check-out time.  Quoth the fine folks at Marriott today:

Standard check-in time is from 15:00 hrs. and check-out time is until 12:00 hrs. 2-night stay is required in case of early check-in or/and late check-out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

Sorry for the ping, but can I hit you with one more question?

For what it's worth...

I am booked to land in BKK at 00:05 and have your same concerns. I contacted the hotel I plan to book (The Bazaar) and they explained that their process is to take the guest by the hospital between the airport pickup and first arrival at the hotel for the test. They said that they do testing even at the time. So, then I just have to wait at the hotel until the test result comes back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

For what it's worth...

I am booked to land in BKK at 00:05 and have your same concerns. I contacted the hotel I plan to book (The Bazaar) and they explained that their process is to take the guest by the hospital between the airport pickup and first arrival at the hotel for the test. They said that they do testing even at the time. So, then I just have to wait at the hotel until the test result comes back.

Thanks! I'll add them to the list of hotels to investigate.

What date are you flying in? Maybe we're on the same flight ????

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

I have to ask. Why is the Thailand pass necessary?  Thailand get all the information they

need from your Passport and Visa.  A temperature check should be all that is needed on arrival

as well.  Maybe by December, with the low November numbers, TAT

Why is Covid insurance required for those already vaccinated ? It is all about $$$ nothing more to make the Thai Hi-So's even richer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Maybe by December, with the low arrival numbers in November TAT and the Thai government

will actually want more tourists and relax more of their rules.

Geezer

Their greed for $$$ over rules logic it ain,t going to happen until they realize they made a number of serious mistakes and scared off millions.

• Like 1

So....what happens if you fail your arrival C19 test? Not seeing any detail around this at all, just a directive to book 1 night at a SHA hotel with the assumption you will pass. If you fail, are you expected to enter quarantine, self isolation or what??? 

2 hours ago, MarkyM3 said:

So....what happens if you fail your arrival C19 test? Not seeing any detail around this at all, just a directive to book 1 night at a SHA hotel with the assumption you will pass. If you fail, are you expected to enter quarantine, self isolation or what??? 

Thats what the insurance will be for, and will be used when they transport you to either an ASQ Hospitel, where they will treat you if just asymptomatic.  If showing symptoms they will take you to a facility for treatment, and your 2 week vacation will evaporate into a hospital stay until you test negative.                                       

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thats what the insurance will be for, and will be used when they transport you to either an ASQ Hospitel, where they will treat you if just asymptomatic.  If showing symptoms they will take you to a facility for treatment, and your 2 week vacation will evaporate into a hospital stay until you test negative.                                       

So is it a 2 weeks hospital stay OR until you test negative?

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So is it a 2 weeks hospital stay OR until you test negative?

Until you test negative, but if you have symptoms they will treat you until they are gone and then have you isolate.  Had a friend in BKK have that occur recently.  Lets hope they have different ideas as far as treating tourists a little differently and allowing them to isolate without going to a field hospital or an ASQ Hospitel.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Until you test negative, but if you have symptoms they will treat you until they are gone and then have you isolate.  Had a friend in BKK have that occur recently.  Lets hope they have different ideas as far as treating tourists a little differently and allowing them to isolate without going to a field hospital or an ASQ Hospitel.

Do you have to accept the treatment?  Could you just stay isolated in the hospital that they set you up in and refuse any medication and let your own immunity handle it?

Edited by thaiman
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thaiman said:

Do you have to accept the treatment?  Could you just stay isolated in the hospital that they set you up in and refuse any medication and let your own immunity handle it?

Accepting the treatment, well that in itself is a big mystery.  When the sandbox hit those that were going to be isolated in an AQ location chose to fly back home.  As far as choosing to isolate yourself well that is a big no, and why many folks I know are choosing to go elsewhere this season instead of visiting us.  I would not want to take the chance.  However, I fly back out to the states after the new year and then return about 4 weeks later.  I am vaccinated, and if I test positive well then my Test and Go one day stay near my home here in Bangkok will turn into at least a 2 week one, and not ruin a vacation.  Going back to the states I only have to have tested negative prior to flying, once in the country I am free to roam.  Many of the more affluent Thai's we know went to the US for a holiday and will not return here until the restrictions get lifted.  They can go clubbing etc....unlike here. 

Edited by ThailandRyan

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

That I'd be checking direct with the hotel; there was a post yesterday (I think it was) and a guy had been told 2 days by the hotel (Marriot from memory) quoting him their normal checkout and checkin times which IMO is ludicrous as these aren't "normal" circumstances.

The main issue being the CPR timing i.e. does the affiliate hospital have staff to do the tests at the hotel on call 24/7, if not can they arrange to have the swabs done at a testing centre/hospital on the way to the hotel or would you have to be taken to the hotel and then tested first thing in the morning. If having to do them first thing in the morning that could cause problems with a noon checkout.

Update on this for those who are curious.

I was able to find a hotel that would let me check out by 12pm as long as I arrived before 2am on the same day. Checking in after 2am would require an additional night. If arriving with more than one person, the Test & Go fee is applicable to each individual even if staying in the same room.

Normally I would have no fear of making it to the hotel before 2am with a midnight landing time, but I do wonder what the setup at the airport is like now. Hopefully it's faster than usual rather than slower.

• Like 1

Would anyone really describe this as no quarantine? 

[10] I arrived at my hotel in Bangkok at 7:31am. Check-in was done in an area outside. She asked for my passport and departure card
[11] Next was the RT-PCR test. This was done by someone from the hospital. This was slightly more painful than the one I did in London on Monday. She also gave me an ATK test to do myself on day 6-7. She said I should take a picture of the result and email back to the hotel.
[12] I was in my room by 7:43am. You have to stay here until the results come back. She said at around noon tomorrow. They don’t give you a keycard so you cannot leave the room.

Richard Barrow

• Thanks 2