Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

20 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Is anyone actually paying attention to these so-called vaccines anymore? The entire world is acting like they are some kind of ticket out of COVID but in reality they don't prevent transmission and at best are a safe guard for elderly and health comprised.

The only rule for entry need be a negative test before boarding the plane and even then what's the point because Thailand like everywhere else if rife with COVID.

Obviously they are paying attention as a ton of countries are making you go through this headache. If people want to argue the merits of the vaccine good and play doctor for the day, good luck to them. Their lives are going to suck with the restrictions that are imposed upon them and I personally don't want to deal with that hassle.

• Like 2

I already have a health insurance from France ( April International), and they added on my policy that it covers 100k$ for covid. Will it work or do I have to buy a health insurance in Thailand ?

I live in Thailand but I plan to go back home for Christmas and new year then back to work here.

3 minutes ago, anthobkk said:

I already have a health insurance from France ( April International), and they added on my policy that it covers 100k$ for covid. Will it work or do I have to buy a health insurance in Thailand ?

I live in Thailand but I plan to go back home for Christmas and new year then back to work here.

Your policy is fine.

11 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I would love to know how they propose to successfully police all of these rules and regulations, they will need to double the number of police ....LOL

They have an army, which seemed to be pretty much who was policing BKK on my return.

9 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

And as I said, I'm not the only one noticing this... so tourists may be in for a bit of a shock.

I was worried about this also but haven't really noticed anything since arriving besides a few odd looks but maybe I'm being paranoid. Multiple people did confirm with me if I was vaccinated or not so it's clearly on their minds.

I imagine if large numbers of tourists really do show up the Thais may get upset and sour on them. Certainly something to look out for.

18 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

There is one hot potato to all these desperate for tourists reports.  Most Thais in three consecutive polls are not happy that tourists are coming back, nor are doctors and some sectors of the tourism industry.  That said, I'm sure those who can't see beyond tourism will be happy to see them back.  But going by personal experience and in conversation with a few others I know here who returned last December, this is not the same welcoming country.

My wife warned me not to come, that our neighbours would not welcome me. But I had no choice as my money in my home country ran out and I have bills and responsibilities here, so I came home. And she was right.  I've been back almost a year now, and only now are neighbours starting to be friendly again. And still, only one family invites US over for dinner and drinks.  Everyone else welcomes wife but not me.  And as for the markets where people know me and have always talked and joked with me, it's all business now.  Other than อยากมี...ครับ and เท่าไร, very little said.  And as I said, I'm not the only one noticing this... so tourists may be in for a bit of a shock.

I think those of us who live long-term in Thailand who are not typical tourists are more affected by some of the anti-farang attitudes. Tourists will always be treated as "the other" but the arrangement is more cut-and-dried and everyone accepts it as part of travel. Those of us outside that tourist scene face other issues with this treatment. For example, I was in Thailand before the pandemic started. I am the only farang in our part of Lad Prao. Shortly into it (and after so many news stories painting farangs as scary), the neighbors (the ones with more power in the local community) communicated to my wife that they wanted me to do a 14-day self-quarantine in our apartment. 

• Like 1

Where is there an official list of SHA+ hotels for the "sandbox" plan?  In my case, I'm interested in SHA+ hotels in Jomtien.

The information at the TAT web page  is slightly confusing (surprise, surprise):

image.png.89a864671e880c174cd24103141e8593.png

Shouldn't Step 6 be before Step 5?  Or, is Step 5 done at a location in Bangkok/at Suvarnabhumi before heading to the Jomtien hotel?

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Visa regulations have not changed.

You can enter Visa Free (Visa exempt stamp on Entry - 30 days), or apply for a Tourist visa or any other visa depending on your situation and required length of stay. 

For the Thai Pass: You need all your ‘documents' in order / booked / paid for before hand. 

You will not need to submit the Proof of PCR negative test to Thailand Pass (because that is too close to the flight) - you present this proof at Airline Check-in and upon arrival in Thailand.

Thank you for your last paragraph; I was wondering about that.

Now I am none the wiser, but better informed.

11 minutes ago, Tosseroon said:

WHERE IS THE LIST OF APPROVED SHA HOTELS AND COSTS???????

It’s a miracle. You put “approved ASQ hotels “ in google and guess what happens? Sarcasm intended. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So so many complaints, are people not happy the entry requirements are improving??

For someone that has entered and left 5 times over the last 18 months, all these positive changes are a step in the right direction and make a massive difference.

A lot of the people complaining also appear to be the ones that don't even travel, the mind boggles......

Arrivals still go to quarantine until they are released - hopefully only a day or 2, but they can hold you for the week or 2 if one is unlucky. I'm going to wait until luck isn't in the equation... I can afford to wait...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tosseroon said:

WHERE IS THE LIST OF APPROVED SHA HOTELS AND COSTS???????

Its actually a SHA+ hotel you need to book for the quarantine free one night quarantine entry (pun intended)

It depends which location, Phuket there are plenty here https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/phuket-sandbox-hotels

Bangkok plenty here https://thaiest.com/blog/bangkok-sha-plus-hotels

Or head straight to agoda or similar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

So just to confirm. Coming from the UK do we need any kind of Visa?

Do we need flights paid for along with the SH Hotel booked prior to applying for the thai pass?

Thank you!

No mentions of flights.  Paid hotel night , insurance, visa same as before.  

Going to apply for ThailandPass on November 1 and hoping to fly to Phuket (Sandbox) on 6th November.

So if everything goes well with ThailandPass,

Arrival to Phuket in the morning of 7th November.

Return flight on 21th November afternoon. Arriving home on 22th Nov. morning.

But i am not sure about the dates of travel insurance. (Axa Sawadee)

Should i purchase the policy for 7th-21th November (dates that i will actually be in Thailand), or include the 6th and 22th November as well ?

Thank you...

2 hours ago, Jaspermiller922 said:

Get a neg test before you fly sit on a plane for 12 hours with 400 odd other people who have also just tested negative. Arrive and stay in an expensive dump of a fleapit  hotel, pay for another test then wait till results are back for 24 hours without being able to get a beer. sod that. Croatia,  czech Republic far more appealing. 

Neg test only good if you've quarantined yourself after taking your test.  Vaccinated,  you can still catch COVID after your initial test, so that's why they test you here, too. Look. They found positive tourists in Phuket sandbox (whole plane load then quarantined), and Isreal tests on arrival too.  That's how the US now knows they have Delta plus, too.  So hope everybody quarantined before their flight.  Thai Consulate in Canada actually told me to quarantine for a week before my flight.