Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

12 hours ago, rabang said:

No, even though an improvement this is not good enough for most people and will definitely NOT revive the tourism industry. As others have said there are too many hoops to jump through, too many risks with the faulty tests and other nearby passengers potentially leading to a quarantine. No sane person will accept this and plan a holiday on these terms. Those with other motives to enter the country will find it easing their process but they are not too many.

Just warn everybody to just avoid Thailand until they wake up to the fact that no sane person will put up with the constant B.S. First off drop the stupid insurance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alyx said:

Can anyone enlighten me ?

"medical certificate and  a PCR test showing a negative result"

I am confused by the terms used

Does that mean that the traveller needs to see a physician on top of getting a PCR test? The PCR test are not performed by doctors (at least in France where I will depart from) : patients test at the dedicated and official vaccination/test centre which, in turn, will email/sms the result. 

There is no intervention of any MD at any time of the process

In France the "Biologists" are doctor so the PCR is certified by a doctor

(i'm nurse in France )

so you wrong when you say "There is no intervention of any MD at any time of the process"

the result your get by SMS is medical certified

2 minutes ago, ratus said:

In France the "Biologists" are doctor so the PCR is certified by a doctor

(i'm nurse in France )

so you wrong when you say "There is no intervention of any MD at any time of the process"

the result your get by SMS is medical certified

Thanks for taking the time to reply

I was referring to a “médecin généraliste” 

You mean that the lab result is a medical certificate then, right 

Hence there is no need to her to consult with a doctor ( as one would for a fit to fly certificate )? 
what bothers me is the AND  in medical certificate and the PCR result 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alyx said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply

I was referring to a “médecin généraliste” 

You mean that the lab result is a medical certificate then, right 

Hence there is no need to her to consult with a doctor ( as one would for a fit to fly certificate )? 
what bothers me is the AND  in medical certificate and the PCR result 

may be somebody else may come to clear that "and" point

Edited by ratus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ratus said:

may be somebody else may come to clear that "and" point

It seems this "And" is a mistake

when you go to http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/voyagecovid/

there is no "And"

15. Do I need to submit my COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) into Thailand Pass?
- No. However, you must provide your COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) issued within 72 hours before your travel to the officers at the airport, except if you are a Thai national arriving in Thailand through Alternative Quarantine. For others, failure to provide your COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) may result in you being denied entry into Thailand.

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2-1000x1500.png

1. Résumé

Chaque ressortissant non-thaïlandais qui arrive en Thaïlande à partir du 1 novembre 2021 doit remplir toutes les 6 conditions suivantes:

1.1 Avoir une réservation d’hôtel certifié par le gouvernement thaïlandais pendant 1, 7 ou 10 nuits selon le statut vaccinal et le pays du départ du voyageur.  (voir paragraphe 2-4);

1.2 Être enregistré dans le système Thailand Pass (voir paragraphe 5);

1.3 Avoir un résultat de test COVID négatif par méthode RT-PCR en anglais, délivré dans les 72 heures avant votre premier vol de depart, n’import quel age du voyageur.

1.4 Avoir une réservation de(s) tests RT-PCR en Thaïlande (1 test pour ceux qui sont soumis de moins de 6 nuits de quarantaine et pour tous les enfants de moins de 6 ans, 2 tests pour tous les autres cas)

1.5 Avoir une assurance maladie avec une couverture minimale de 50 000 US dollars ou l’équivalent, y compris expressément le traitement COVID-19, valide pendant toute la durée du séjour en Thaïlande.

1.6 Avoir d’un visa, d’un re-entry permit valide ou être qualifié pour l’exemption de visa. (Merci de vous renseiger sur le site http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/infos-generales/ et laisser suffisamment de temps pour la demande de visa)

Edited by ratus
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ratus said:

It seems this "And" is a mistake

when you go to http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/voyagecovid/

there is no "And"

15. Do I need to submit my COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) into Thailand Pass?
- No. However, you must provide your COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) issued within 72 hours before your travel to the officers at the airport, except if you are a Thai national arriving in Thailand through Alternative Quarantine. For others, failure to provide your COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) may result in you being denied entry into Thailand.

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2-1000x1500.png

Hey Ratus

Thanks for the link

It seems logical but I prefer to have enquired 

Have a great weekend

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bokningar said:

คู่มือการใช้งาน_ThailandPlus_ภาษาอังกฤษ.pdf 1.7 MB · 2 downloads

I would call this North Korean style intrusion of personal integrity.

But that just me, if you feel OK with it. Install the app, turn GPS and Bluetooth on and they can track your every move.

I never installed the Mor Prom App due to early complaints of battery drain, but trying to compare to North Korea is being a bit of a drama queen don't you think. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

He is speaking the truth! Its called growing a spine and telling the Thai government to Kiss Fill In The Blank

By posting and whining on Thai Visa.... proper little Che Guevara eh!

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2021 at 8:42 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

I  given it a  lot of  thought and ..............no thanks, also  looks  like a  sneaky way to introduce  permanent healthcare  coverage...guess  Ill  neve r leave  again

Yes the requirement (returning expats submitting proof of minimum 50,000 USD medical coverage), suggests it will mean permanent healthcare coverage is necessary, unless you don't leave (for not at least).

Out of all the safe countries, Thailand would be on the bottom of the list, as the least safe. Why would people want to travel from safe countries to risk travelling in Thailand, which still has one of the highest case stats in the world per capita.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Out of all the safe countries, Thailand would be on the bottom of the list, as the least safe. Why would people want to travel from safe countries to risk travelling in Thailand, which still has one of the highest case stats in the world per capita.

No it doesn't. It is way down below 100 in such a list.

By the way 'highest' is singular, and you cannot have more than one of them.

• Like 1

We arrived yesterday at the 30th of October out of Germany, the whole procedure at the airport with checking documents and immigration went smooth. We need to do our one week ASQ in Bangkok, as expected. It do wonder though, because fully vaccinated people from the selected countries that enter on Thailand on Monday will be out before us. A little strange isn’t it? Anybody in a similar situation?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No it doesn't. It is way down below 100 in such a list.

By the way 'highest' is singular, and you cannot have more than one of them.

Check out this list, which would be more useful that most, in assessing the risk of countries:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-resilience-ranking/

How can Thailand be 100 on a list of 48 safe countries?

By the way, as you're obvioulsy a grammar nazi, allow me to respond to your "correction".

English is not mathematics, and imprecision is acceptable and the point is quite clear to most people, and I will continue to use "one of the highest" along with others such as "one of the best", no matter how much it irks you.

Spell and grammar checking is not good forum etiquette, especially on an international forum.

Be very careful you don't fall afoul of Muphy's Law (a deliberate mispelling of Murphy's Law): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry's_law

The iron law of nitpicking: "You are never more likely to make a grammatical error than when correcting someone else's grammar."

I will be watching you.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Check out this list, which would be more useful that most, in assessing the risk of countries:

The link blocks me with an advert. 

My source was this..... which allows you to order and sort based on any column. 

Do as you please wrt English language, and I shall of course keep on laughing at the nonsense of claiming Thailand is 'one of the highest' case statistics, clearly a nonsense.

58 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The link blocks me with an advert. 

My source was this..... which allows you to order and sort based on any column. 

Do as you please wrt English language, and I shall of course keep on laughing at the nonsense of claiming Thailand is 'one of the highest' case statistics, clearly a nonsense.

Started with the flames now - "nonsense" used twice, and now you're laughing too... (when/if you reply, how about holding back on the insulting language to keep it civil)

I wonder who should be laughing, because it's quite clear you don't understand how to interpret the statistics you presented.

It is well known that from February 2020 until April 2021, before the apha strain started doing the rounds, that Thailand had an extremely low case and death rate. We should only be concerned with the current state of affairs and not average figures from the past 18 months.

With that in mind, from your source, Thailand is 11th on the list for NEW CASES (click on the title of the column to apply filter), 12th on the list for NEW DEATHS, and 20th on the list for active cases. Please note that this ranking does not consider per capita cases. If we take the per capita NEW cases into consideration, Thailand (131 NEW cases per million) overtakes the US with 79 new cases per million, India with 9, and Brazil with 49. I don't have time to do the full list, but places will change drastically if you do.

In my post that you ridiculed, this is what I said: "Out of all the safe countries, Thailand would be on the bottom of the list, as the least safe."

Obviously it was not clear to you what I meant by "out of all the safe countries". I am refering to the 46 safe country list offered in the original post of this thread. Using the total new cases filter from your linked reference, Thailand would be 4th from the bottom of that list (42nd worst from 46). Adjust per capita, we sink to 43rd worst from 46). Only Germany, UK and Poland are worse (per capita). OK, granted, not at the very bottom of the list, but very close.

As you didn't take the time to view my link as you claimed an add blocked you, The add should not block you as you just close it at the X, but you didn't want to see it. I'll post screenshots of the list of 53 countries. This is the list of the best and worst countries to be as Covid reopening gathers pace.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by JensenZ

On 10/29/2021 at 3:36 AM, Gandtee said:

So how does an 88 year old get insurance to return from the UK? Is it Health insurance or just a Covid insurance?

An 88 year old from the UK can get travel insurance that covers health problems, but this seems to be specifically requiring Covid coverage. I honestly expect to have to buy separate insurance as I think my general travel insurance (which does cover normal medical stuff) specifically doesn't cover Covid.

i.e. I'd expect the embassy to have a Thai company willing to sell you Covid cover for the time you're here. After all, vaccinated people who've tested negative within the last few days should be a fairly low risk for an insurance company if they're only covering them for Covid.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:29 AM, WHansen said:

Personally, i can deal with all this, but i will not book anything until i can go out for a beer with my friends.

Fingers crossed, that is not too far away.

Fully Vaccinated can travel anywhere, no restrictions, after test is shown negative. Then 2 paragraphs later. Only allowed to visit certain areas in Chonburi................................................????  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk_mike said:

An 88 year old from the UK can get travel insurance that covers health problems, but this seems to be specifically requiring Covid coverage. I honestly expect to have to buy separate insurance as I think my general travel insurance (which does cover normal medical stuff) specifically doesn't cover Covid.

i.e. I'd expect the embassy to have a Thai company willing to sell you Covid cover for the time you're here. After all, vaccinated people who've tested negative within the last few days should be a fairly low risk for an insurance company if they're only covering them for Covid.

I've resided here for 34 years. I'm referring to going out and returning to the Thai kingdom.

19 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Make the effort and read this through. As a vaccinated person you can fly around within the EU in almost all cases without having to do a corvit test before.

Rubbish, you cannot travel around the EU freely. Of course some countries you can move between but the countries completely freely, no.

On 10/30/2021 at 12:57 AM, internationalism said:

the first case in phuket was only 12 passengers seating the closest to positive were also quarantined. 

Not the whole airplane and not crew.

Some of those 12 wanted to go back to their country as soon as possible. That probably was denied for them

Surely based on the controls and regulations in place at the monent the stewards on board should have isolated if they were serving the positive ones, if not why not?

11 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Surely based on the controls and regulations in place at the monent the stewards on board should have isolated if they were serving the positive ones, if not why not?

because they were in ppu, same as doctors, nurses, other medical personel serving those positive and ill.

All them are tested often. Possibly even everyday.

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

the current state of affairs and not average figures from the past 18 months.

The current state of affairs  in Thailand is doing quite well.... I can look at daily deaths,  where yesterday it was in position 13, but with 1/3rd the number of say the UK, a country with a similar population. I would shy away from saying that is 'one of the highest' as it is nonsensical without saying how large the fabricated 'group' highest is.  Daily deaths in Thailand are currently falling. Rising in the UK..... 

I was out and about in Thailand today, I felt safe enough.

Thanks for all the data. I assure you there was no 'little X' in the add so you are in error there. You should check what you say before posting. I dislike clicking within adds anyhow...