Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

22 hours ago, johng said:

Why do Thai nationals  still not have to  provide a negative test before boarding the plane ?

doesn't that "endanger" the whole plane load of tested passengers who may then on arrival test positive and have to be "incarcerated" for 10 days of their "holiday"

Why you not understand 

Farang dirty 

Thai not

Thai can do nothing wrong.

Remember all the crime in Thailand is caused by Farang especially those dirty dirty Myanmar slaves Thai like to use for really <deleted>ty jobs at lowest possible pay..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, mancub said:

Here's one.......Once you've successfully obtained the "Pass", do you need to show the insurance docs again, at any stage ?

Considering I arrived when it was required along with COE and tge rest of the requirements.

And I have literally done a full top to bottom road trip of Thailand 

I was only ever asked for PP and vax certificate and that was 2 times in the entire trip (Phuket road entry, and entering Ranong)

That's it 

Covid insurance never came up.

So to answer your question 

I believe you could take the minimum amount of time for insurance just to get entry.

It's not like it is worth the paper it written on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Jumping through hoops??

It's one test on arrival and a night in a hotel, hardly difficult.

If they wish to find another holiday destination that's up to them but that's what it is here.

Many people that have holiday'd here for years will return under these rules, for sure!

Give lots of time to make sure the application are being handled in time - that is the key to success. The system COE is not difficult for most but the bottleneck is the system handlers are impossible to get hold of and are notoriously slow in some places.  What Thailand Pass will become remains to be experienced but I doubt it will be a 5 min job all clear away you go job.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shdmn said:

The OP says you need travel medical insurance.  However, the attachment they provided just states a requirement for "covid insurance".  These two are not the same thing.   Can anyone clarify what you need exactly?

Of course, to be on the safe side one would just get travel medical that includes covid.  I just want to understand the exact requirements.

the thailand pass insurance issue has not always been precisely presented. however, there is a reference in todays thaiger news stating other medical insurance is required in addition to covid 19. this is consistent with 2 articles in yesterdays bangkok post 

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:17 AM, steven100 said:

this is what it is    ......     a headache 

But is it not your idol who is responsible for all this nonsense Steven? Looks like the booze is affecting you more these days. :burp: :goof:

• Haha 2

Just now, newnative said:

Still way too complicated.  I stopped reading when I go to SHA.  Most tourists won't put up with all this and will just go somewhere else.  

thailand is only country open in asia right now.  go look.  that is why thais can make so many rules  

18 hours ago, ed strong said:

That doesn't work, really its getting tiresome but please do some basic research and what the vaccine does.

Some folks have had 2 jabs, some in Israel have had 4, whats fully vaccinated even mean?

How long does one shot offer you protection?

At what point do you need the 3rd booster?

No one can answer this, because we were told the vaccines keep you out of hospital not stop you from getting it or passing it on.

However the countries that now have the highest vaccination rates also now have the highest hospitlization rates! Explain that one!?

Rubbish. In Israel, hospitalisations have dropped right down after an initial surge. And it's still the unvaccinated most at risk.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bberg said:

Hi - The PCR test is part of your SHA+ / AQ booking. It will be done at the hotel and the transport will be from the airport which is also included in your SHA+ / AQ booking. 

Allow me to correct myself - reading the information I got in my AQ/SHA+ below direct copy/paste:

MEDICAL SERVICE BY PIYAVATE HOSPITAL:
 Transportation pick up from airport to hotel by
Piyavate Hospital on arrival date
 24-hour stand-by nursing at the hotel
 ONE Covid-19 screening testes; at Piyavate Hospital
 Daily telemedicine service 24 hours

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

Depends on where you are flying in from. Sandbox (basically re-branded to Blue Zones) is only relevant to fully vaxed people flying in from countries not on the "safe countries" list.

Can't say I've looked for that option but as far as I'm aware details are still being finalised (as in what accommodation will be available).

I would be flying from a country not on the "safe countries" list, so would need to sandbox/Blue Zone it.

It is delightful that they are still finalising details when the changes are effective in two days, especially when the SHA+ hotel info must be submitted via the online application in advance of travel.  Luckily I'm not planning to visit for at least a month or two, but it would be helpful to know what hotels I can use in the Jomtien area to start planning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What on earth are you on about?

คู่มือการใช้งาน_ThailandPlus_ภาษาอังกฤษ.pdf

I would call this North Korean style intrusion of personal integrity.

But that just me, if you feel OK with it. Install the app, turn GPS and Bluetooth on and they can track your every move.

20 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Oh dear. 

Vaccinated people can fly to the beaches of the southern EU countries (Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France) without having to do a Corvit test before within the EU (with very few exceptions (Bulgaria)). That is a fact.

It doesn't hurt to look like other countries, which are equally dependent on tourism, have resolved the revival of their tourism with which rules and how.

Who can fly to the beaches of southern Europe?

Take Czech republic as an example, where can you fly without a covid test before departure?

You cant.

3 hours ago, crouchpeter said:

Rubbish. In Israel, hospitalisations have dropped right down after an initial surge. And it's still the unvaccinated most at risk.

After an intitial surge, why the surge? Figures are still high even if there is a drop.

They began administrating a 4th booster shot nearly 2 months ago, hence the surge as you put it.

• Sad 1

Can anyone enlighten me ?

"medical certificate and  a PCR test showing a negative result"

I am confused by the terms used

Does that mean that the traveller needs to see a physician on top of getting a PCR test? The PCR test are not performed by doctors (at least in France where I will depart from) : patients test at the dedicated and official vaccination/test centre which, in turn, will email/sms the result. 

There is no intervention of any MD at any time of the process

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ed strong said:

Take Czech republic as an example, where can you fly without a covid test before departure?

You cant.

Yes you can ( that being said it is kind of cold now in Europe)
Kindly check the link 

Below an excerpt of travel between, but not restricted to, Czechia and France

What are the rules to enter this country from an EU Member State or Schengen Associated country?

Travellers from EU+ states can freely travel to Czechia. On arrival they should present a completed Passenger Locator Form. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from the passenger form, PCR tests and self-isolation.

France

Entering this country with the EU Digital COVID certificate

Holders of an "EU Digital COVID Certificate" (EUDCC) are allowed to enter France without being subject to further restrictions (testing or quarantine), on condition that their certificate contains one of the following:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ed strong said:

You cant.

Make the effort and read this through. As a vaccinated person you can fly around within the EU in almost all cases without having to do a corvit test before.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Farangus said:

This is not the first time I have seen the mention of a direct flight, but I have not seen the official information. If this is a valid demand, then it is terrible. There were never any direct flights from my country to Thailand, even before the outbreak of the pandemic ...

Actually there are no direct flights at all from Spain, so looking for clarification from thai embassy in madrid on Monday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Farangus said:

This is not the first time I have seen the mention of a direct flight, but I have not seen the official information. If this is a valid demand, then it is terrible. There were never any direct flights from my country to Thailand, even before the outbreak of the pandemic ...

AFABCD16-6E73-471A-8BC1-6464BD0480BC.jpeg

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bob26 said:

Since the jabbed will soon be dropping like flies....cheap cremation services could be used as a travel incentive.  Instead of sand box, they could call it ash box.  You won't need a test or a booster to go home!  Just another Thai plastic bag.

Could you give us a date when we all start dropping like flies ?is seems to be constantly getting pushed back 

• Thanks 1

Health insurance policy or anyone returning to Thailand:

Expats living and working in Thailand with a valid visa or residential permit are also exempt if they can produce a Social Security card or certified letter from their employer. Otherwise, they are required to provide proof of health insurance coverage in Thailand, according to a detailed Q&A on the reopening process from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Edited by Will B Good

34 minutes ago, Jon1050 said:

Actually there are no direct flights at all from Spain, so looking for clarification from thai embassy in madrid on Monday.

16 hours ago, Salerno said:

Your understanding is wrong. Direct does not mean non-stop.