Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

On 10/29/2021 at 10:10 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

Exactly.

My first entry last year was on one of the expat flights from UK, compared to CoE that was a bit of a hassle.

CoE - pretty easy and yes, i'd expect TP to even easier.

Same here... (July ’20)....  Flights were expensive, information incomplete with circular requirements.

With CoE approved found out <24 hrs before travel that I couldnt enter with my Thai Elite Visa. The Thai Embassy opened on a Sunday for me to issue me with a Non-Imm-O based on Marriage... 

All last minute slap-dash stuff.... Since then the additional 2 entries I made were child’s play, the requirements simple, CoE issued in hours. The Sandbox added an additional facet with the requirement for SHABA certs and PSAS PCR bookings, but again, very simple - just involved some additional messing about making the bookings. 

I’m doing the Thailand Pass tomorrow (for myself and family) - I expect the process to be painless IF the system is not overloaded with everyone getting online and applying at the same time and crashing the server !!... 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here... (July ’20)....  Flights were expensive, information incomplete with circular requirements.

With CoE approved found out <24 hrs before travel that I couldnt enter with my Thai Elite Visa. The Thai Embassy opened on a Sunday for me to issue me with a Non-Imm-O based on Marriage... 

All last minute slap-dash stuff.... Since then the additional 2 entries I made were child’s play, the requirements simple, CoE issued in hours. The Sandbox added an additional facet with the requirement for SHABA certs and PSAS PCR bookings, but again, very simple - just involved some additional messing about making the bookings. 

I’m doing the Thailand Pass tomorrow (for myself and family) - I expect the process to be painless IF the system is not overloaded with everyone getting online and applying at the same time and crashing the server !!... 

Good luck tomorrow. Many potential travellers will be waiting for updates / feedback based on actual.

I jumped the gun a bit and got my 4th COE this week and land lunchtime in Thailand tomorrow, 1st November. PCR test will be at the airport and result available within 6 hours. I was able to book only one night hotel and one PCR test on the "old" system. I hope the migration to Thailand Pass holds no surprises and works as smoothly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I would shy away from saying that is 'one of the highest' as it is nonsensical

Thailand has the recent highest daily cases by almost double of Asean countries.  Comparing it to the UK seems nonsensical.

Edited by bkk6060

4 minutes ago, Aklerk said:

question still not clear for me: i am planning to stay 40 days in Thailand starting from half november, is the "Thailand pass" enough or do i need also apply a visa from my Thai embassy in the Netherlands?

regards Antoine

The Thailand Pass is permission to enter while Thailand is under emergency decree and screens that you have the correct Visa, Insurance, AQ Booking, Vaccine Certification. 

You need to apply for a visa (now an online process) before you apply for Permission to Enter via the Thailand Pass (which opens tomorrow) and for AQ entires is the new incarnation of the Certificate of Entry process. 

I am interested in hearing a report from someone arriving late at night or early in the morning to see if the hospitals doing the testing on the way to the hotel are operating 24/7. My flight is scheduled to arrive in Bangkok around midnight. If they follow the plan to stop off at the hospital on the way to my one- to two-day quarantine hotel, can they really perform the test at, say, 2:00 a.m.?

• Like 1

high quality hotels will have medics from private hospitals swabbing guests on arrival. And 24h.

Cheaper ones - you will be driven from the airport to hospital.

If out of hours they might drive guests to hospital in the morning or medics come to hotel.

That's individual arrangements between hotel and hospital.

Only on phuket all tests on arrival are at the airport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, internationalism said:

high quality hotels will have medics from private hospitals swabbing guests on arrival. And 24h.

Cheaper ones - you will be driven from the airport to hospital.

If out of hours they might drive guests to hospital in the morning or medics come to hotel.

That's individual arrangements between hotel and hospital.

Only on phuket all tests on arrival are at the airport

I suppose before I make my booking I will contact the hotel to see what they are doing with late/early arrivals.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 3:38 PM, misterphil said:

Got my flights from work and will arrive in BKK 8th December. Anyone recommend a quarantine hotel for 1 night in BKK, preferably with a balcony.  

Thanks. 

There is no hotel within BKK (Suvarnabhumi Airport) but there is a Novotel hotel within 250 metres of BKK.

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Thailand has the recent highest daily cases by almost double of Asean countries.  Comparing it to the UK seems nonsensical.

One can take whichever metric one wishes.... to get varying results. Why is comparing to the UK nonsensical, a country of similar population density. Useful to see that advanced vaccination progress is not the only factor.

Edited by jacko45k

Two questions:

1. What if the approval process extends beyond the 72 hour window as they have stated it could take up to 3-5 business days for approval? This would mean almost certainly you would have to apply on Monday and fly on at least Thursday and Friday you're outta luck.

2. Why does someone previously infected with covid need a vaccine at all when their natural immunity is far greater that any vax? Again not following any science!

1 minute ago, skorp13 said:

1. What if the approval process extends beyond the 72 hour window as they have stated it could take up to 3-5 business days for approval?

What 72 hour window?

2 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

2. Why does someone previously infected with covid need a vaccine at all when their natural immunity is far greater that any vax?

Because that's the rules they've set in place. Don't like it don't go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Natural immunity is not long lasting and not greater than that provided by vaccine.

Vaccination after recovery from infection is strongly recommended.

For info purposes my lodger in the UK is recovering from Covid. He is no crybaby and said it was horrible. He was double jabbed and due a booster. The NHS have advised that the booster be delayed by 2 months. He will get this as soon as he is allowed.

I need to visit to sort out my bank but all the BS is off putting and I don't fully trust that it will be as stated so sadly I will have to wait. I think anyone at TAT who thinks tourists will do this for a few weeks holiday are living in la-la- land.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 3:20 PM, jacko45k said:

The current state of affairs  in Thailand is doing quite well.... I can look at daily deaths,  where yesterday it was in position 13, but with 1/3rd the number of say the UK, a country with a similar population. I would shy away from saying that is 'one of the highest' as it is nonsensical without saying how large the fabricated 'group' highest is.  Daily deaths in Thailand are currently falling. Rising in the UK..... 

I was out and about in Thailand today, I felt safe enough.

Thanks for all the data. I assure you there was no 'little X' in the add so you are in error there. You should check what you say before posting. I dislike clicking within adds anyhow... 

You should try that link again. I got no pop up ads at all. It is a very well written report about the state of covid in most countries that matter. The table columns are clickable to enable you to rank the countries in the different categories.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-resilience-ranking/

"Southeast Asian countries continue to rank lowest, with Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines in the bottom six for the third month. While the region’s outbreak may have peaked and vaccination has progressed, especially in Malaysia, many of these export-reliant economies are still reeling from delta’s hit. That’s spurring these nations to chart clearer paths to reopening, though it’ll take time for them to catch up to Europe and the U.S."

Note the use of "lowest" in reference to the 6 bottom positions in the list. The lowest 6. Thailand is 3rd from lowest, or in other words, one of the lowest.

Edited by JensenZ

19 hours ago, Salerno said:

What 72 hour window?

Because that's the rules they've set in place. Don't like it don't go.

The 72 hour window between the time you get your result to submit and your approval

I wasn't complaining i was exploiting the fact that this is all their made up rules based on nothing but thank you for your wisdom!

• Like 1