Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

The OP says you need travel medical insurance.  However, the attachment they provided just states a requirement for "covid insurance".  These two are not the same thing.   Can anyone clarify what you need exactly?

Of course, to be on the safe side one would just get travel medical that includes covid.  I just want to understand the exact requirements.

Edited by shdmn

3 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Can anyone clarify what you need exactly.

You need a policy that specifically states it covers Covid; if you have a "normal" policy that meets that requirement no problem, if it doesn't then you can get a supplementary "Covid" policy to do so.

Ask again in a few days when the new system is active. I believe the idea is instead of the extensive paperwork checks, as per current regime, all they should do is scan your QR code and view paperwork not used to gain the Pass e.g. negative CPR result. How it is actually implemented remains to be seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Where is there an official list of SHA+ hotels for the "sandbox" plan?  In my case, I'm interested in SHA+ hotels in Jomtien.

FYI, when I went to https://asq.in.th/ and selected Sandbox Hotels and clicked on Pattaya, I got:

image.png.881777b7fcb5f5dd68c1bf2d7b2e2be0.png

So... Is Pattaya not really a sandbox option?  If so, where the heck is the list of SHA+ hotels?

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Has anyone lately encountered the situation with a mixed married couple (1 foreign and 1 Thai) arriving together on an international flight from one of the 46 low-risk countries...under the current rules?

Specifically, other than the testing requirements listed above, once you get to the SHA+ or AQ hotel, are they going to require two separate rooms while you wait for the PCR test results, OR, they'll let a mixed married couple stay together in the same QUARANTINE (  ????  ) room?

I am in the same situation and saw this noted by the hotel. For course an additional fee applies, but still cheaper than booking 2 rooms.

"Sharing room condition will be based on government regulations, all guests are required to sign Sharing Room Consent Form and send back before arrival."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

I am in the same situation and saw this noted by the hotel. For course an additional fee applies, but still cheaper than booking 2 rooms.

"Sharing room condition will be based on government regulations, all guests are required to sign Sharing Room Consent Form and send back before arrival."

you may stay together you 'll have to fill the consent form the hotel will provide you

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

So... Is Pattaya not really a sandbox option? 

Depends on where you are flying in from. Sandbox (basically re-branded to Blue Zones) is only relevant to fully vaxed people flying in from countries not on the "safe countries" list.

Can't say I've looked for that option but as far as I'm aware details are still being finalised (as in what accommodation will be available).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wonder what they're asking you (the couple) to consent to?

Informed consent for risk of same room/connecting room quarantine

I,                                                                              , have been advised by The Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok and Piyavate Hospital in case that I and the following family members/dependent companions;

1.                                                                                                                         Relationship                                           

2.                                                                                                                         Relationship                                           

3.                                                                                                                         Relationship                                           

4.                                                                                                                         Relationship                                           

should not be quarantined in the same room or in the connecting rooms which would increase the possibility of contracting COVID- 19 among us. I and my family members/dependent companions are well aware that sickness from COVID -19 could be from mild to severe that could cause mortality.

I and my family members/dependent companions have accepted the risks and insist to be quarantined in the same room or connecting rooms. I and my family members/ dependent companions will take all the responsibilities and any reliability of the hospital and the hotel shall be excluded.

However, I and my family members/dependent companions will strictly follow the instructions which are:

-  To wear surgical mask all the time (except for children under 2 years old)

-  To refrain from sharing personal belongings, kitchen wear, toiletries, etc.

-  To always keep distance from each other as much as possible at minimum 1 meter

-  To always wash hands before and after touching any shared surfaces, touching any area of the face.

And once there is any respiratory symptoms such as sore throat, runny nose, cough, sneezing, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell, or fever, I will separate myself of others immediately and inform the hospital staff immediately.

I hereby give my consent regarding the above conditions

Sign                                                                               (                                                          ) Date:                          Time:                   

Guest□ Authorized person relationship                                     

Sign                                               Registered Nurse (                                                       ) Date:                          Time:                   

Sign                                                         Witness         (                                                    ) Date:                          Time:                   

Sign                                                         Witness          (                                                  ) Date:                           Time:                   

This document if for Alternative State Quarantine guest

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jotho said:

Take test before you go and take test again right away when landing... What is the point?!?!?!?!?!?! If you dont test positive 24 hours before travelling to Thailand, then you sure wont be positive when taking the next test in Thailand, and if you end up showing positive, then that testing is rigged .. No way that you will go from negative to positive within 24 hours!!!!  And a test costing 2000 baht stinks way of some corrupt money making scheme for somebody ????
Aswell does it stink that you are not able to use a normal taxi to the hotel but have to book transport from your 1 day hotel(prison) and riddle me this if the prices on those will be some unknown high amount added by some unknown factor ????

The point is MONEY !

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WinterGael said:

There is one hot potato to all these desperate for tourists reports.  Most Thais in three consecutive polls are not happy that tourists are coming back, nor are doctors and some sectors of the tourism industry.  That said, I'm sure those who can't see beyond tourism will be happy to see them back.  But going by personal experience and in conversation with a few others I know here who returned last December, this is not the same welcoming country.

My wife warned me not to come, that our neighbours would not welcome me. But I had no choice as my money in my home country ran out and I have bills and responsibilities here, so I came home. And she was right.  I've been back almost a year now, and only now are neighbours starting to be friendly again. And still, only one family invites US over for dinner and drinks.  Everyone else welcomes wife but not me.  And as for the markets where people know me and have always talked and joked with me, it's all business now.  Other than อยากมี...ครับ and เท่าไร, very little said.  And as I said, I'm not the only one noticing this... so tourists may be in for a bit of a shock.

I have been in the same situation since the first time I returned to Thailand to settle...29 years ago...At least now I feel like it is due to the Covid situation ???? 

The assumption seems to be that arrivals will test negative and can then move on to where they want.

Nothing is said as to what happens to you if you test positive on arrival. I'd really like to know as there is a real risk here.

Nothing is said about how open the provinces actually are and what you may be required to do even if you test negative to move from your arrival pont to another province, which in my case would be Kalasin province. I'm told most of the population remains unvaccinated there too.

6 minutes ago, Jon1050 said:

So as I understand it you cannot transit through an airport on your way into Thailand, it must be a direct flight, of which there are virtually none from Spain certainly and probably many other countries.

Your understanding is wrong. Direct does not mean non-stop.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jon1050 said:

So as I understand it you cannot transit through an airport on your way into Thailand, it must be a direct flight, of which there are virtually none from Spain certainly and probably many other countries.

This is not the first time I have seen the mention of a direct flight, but I have not seen the official information. If this is a valid demand, then it is terrible. There were never any direct flights from my country to Thailand, even before the outbreak of the pandemic ...

18 hours ago, johng said:

Why do Thai nationals  still not have to  provide a negative test before boarding the plane ?

doesn't that "endanger" the whole plane load of tested passengers who may then on arrival test positive and have to be "incarcerated" for 10 days of their "holiday"

Thais are invincible and protected from covid due to their amulets.......ask any thai you dont believe me.....or they will say its a "misunderstanding"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WinterGael said:

Out of Phuket sandbox.  A number of incoming people tested positive. As a result they were put in full quarantine, as were all the other passengers on the plane. This was reported in 2 or 3 separate newpapers here.

The only one I remember seeing is near the start (with the German lady caught up i it). Originally said whole plane but that was proven to be false. There where 13 in the party with the person infected (so they where supposed to be quarantined but spat the dummy and left allegedly) and the German women ended up in quarantine and in the news. Not sure if any others caught up but certainly wasn't the whole flight.

9 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

Out of Phuket sandbox.  A number of incoming people tested positive. As a result they were put in full quarantine, as were all the other passengers on the plane. This was reported in 2 or 3 separate newpapers here.

the first case in phuket was only 12 passengers seating the closest to positive were also quarantined. 

Not the whole airplane and not crew.

Some of those 12 wanted to go back to their country as soon as possible. That probably was denied for them