Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

13 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Just received email with Thailand Pass approval and the QR code. It's 5:45pm here in London and I fly at 11:50am tomorrow. I applied as soon as the TP system went live yesterday (Mon 1st Nov) morning. I did already have a COE but it was one that said "no less than 7 days" quarantine on it with exceptions in smaller print below so it was a bit ambiguous and I was concerned the hotel might interpret it wrongly. Anyway, one less thing to worry about now the TP QR code has arrived.

What email provider do you use? Did you have passport number on your vaccination card?

Edited by Gustomucho

12 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Just received email with Thailand Pass approval and the QR code. It's 5:45pm here in London and I fly at 11:50am tomorrow. I applied as soon as the TP system went live yesterday (Mon 1st Nov) morning. I did already have a COE but it was one that said "no less than 7 days" quarantine on it with exceptions in smaller print below so it was a bit ambiguous and I was concerned the hotel might interpret it wrongly. Anyway, one less thing to worry about now the TP QR code has arrived.

So, what do you do with this QR code? 

Excuse my lack of knowledge But I'm serious.

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, what do you do with this QR code? 

Excuse my lack of knowledge But I'm serious.

AFAIK it must be presented on check-in, arrival in Thailand (health control and immigration) and to the hotel.

• Thanks 1

Omg why would anyone consider the TP to be easier to handle than the CoE? Inmho the amount of documents and data provided is exactly the same (plus vaccination certificates now) only that the new system is even less user friendly. For the CoE you could easily add PDFs and as far as I remember photos with a size of more than 2 MB.

Edited by GatesheadGirl
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, GatesheadGirl said:

Omg why would anyone consider the TP to be easier to handle than the CoE? Inmho the amount of documents and data provided is exactly the same (plus vaccination certificates now) only that the new system is even less user friendly. For the CoE you could easily add PDFs and as far as I remember photos with a size of more than 2 MB.

At the moment the Thailand Pass is hideous full of bugs etc and I’m certainly no fan at the moment - however, I can see that once the bugs are ironed out it will be better as it is a ‘single phase’ process.

i.e. We register and submit 1) Passport. 2) Vaccine Cert. 3) AQ Accommodation 4) Insurance.

Whereas the CoE was a ‘dual phase’ process.

i.e. We’d register and submit 1) Passport. 2) Visa. 3) Vaccine Cert. 4) Insurance

await approval and then submit 5) Flights 6) SHABA Accommodation 7) PSAS PCR tests

The only issue I see with the Thailand Pass system is that its centralised which leads to bottle necks at the approval stage (hopefully this will be streamlined)

The issues with the CoE was that it was not centralised and each Embassy handled approval and interpreted requirements slightly differently - it also overworked the Embassy staffers with work which is not within their remit. 

Thai Pass Not accepting PDF’s.... thats just utter flookwittery.. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

After you finally submitted all of the docs and completed your registration, did you get an eMail confirmation of acceptance?  I got nothing.. now i'm worried i entered my eMail address wrong.  I don't see a way of us checking the status manually as it was available on the old COE platform.  I agree, that was actually way better!

20 minutes ago, GatesheadGirl said:

The user-facing part of TP system is definitely poorly designed, and is a step back compared to even the CoE website (no code to proactively track status, no PDF support, misconfigured backend server resulting in CORS violations).

I suspect that TP service as it is now was retooled from earlier effort to set up automated vaccination status notarisation for certificates issued by other countries. In that regard, it actually might be working well, seeing how some people appear to be getting their submission processed really fast. On the whole it seems to be a system that's actually designed to handle a decent volume of requests, unlike COE, which is basically just a way to submit papers for another human to review.

4 minutes ago, Soulman1980 said:

Maybe stupid question, but i want to book the hotel tomorrow and the TP system wants the booking ID, but is it required to be paid already? Because some hotels charge your credit card only at the check-in, at least the last few i was staying at did that.

Yes, TP requires payment confirmation. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Thai Tom said:

After you finally submitted all of the docs and completed your registration, did you get an eMail confirmation of acceptance?  I got nothing.. now i'm worried i entered my eMail address wrong.  I don't see a way of us checking the status manually as it was available on the old COE platform.  I agree, that was actually way better!

You ‘should’ have received a confirmation e-mail (confirmation of registration) - however, many didn’t and still received their Approved entry / QR Codes (reported on this forum).

Did you apply using a hotmail (outlook) e-mail address ? it seems those (myself included) who applied using hotmail did not receive a conformation address, whereas a ‘re application’ using g-mail / yahoo mail returned a ‘conformation of registration’ e-mail.

BUT... an additional facet of fv<kwitter is that my Wife’s second application (registered with her yahoo mail) was rejected due to multiple applications !!! <deleted>...   

Question: Has anyone received their Thailand Pass Approval (QR code) to their hotmail account ????

I have just applied for the Thailand pass and at the end I got the success message saying I would receive an email.

I use Hotmail and have not received an email as of yet, this was 4 hours ago, should I be concerned about this?

Thanks in advance for any replies 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, geordie said:

I have just applied for the Thailand pass and at the end I got the success message saying I would receive an email.

I use Hotmail and have not received an email as of yet, this was 4 hours ago, should I be concerned about this?

I am in the same boat... sent it around 2 hours ago, no confirmation... pretty worrisome.

20 minutes ago, geordie said:

I can’t honestly answer if you should be concerned or not - its impossible to know if the registration has gone through or if we are in ‘limbo’ waiting for something which may not come. That said, I did receive a PM that some people have been receiving their Approval even without the confirmation of registration e-mail. 

I have made 5 successful applications: 

1) Myself - Yesterday using hotmail - success message but no email (nothing else yet)

2) Myself - Today using g-mail - success message & conformation of registration email (nothing else yet)

3) Wife & Son - Yesterday using hotmail - success message but no email (nothing else yet)

4) Wife & Son - Today using yahoo-mail - success message & conformation of registration email - follow up e-mail 6 hours later [Thailand Pass system does not approve your registration due to re-registration if you want to edit information or add documents. Please register]

5) Wife & Son - Today registration again using yahoo-mail - success message & conformation of registration email (nothing else yet)

I really do no know what our status is now with regards to the Thai Pass - We are flying on 8th Nov.

• Confused 1

I am in the same boat as others with a Hotmail address.  Submitted and completed the Thai Pass procedure mid afternoon Thai Time on 11/2.  Did not get a confirmation eMail to my Hotmail address.  After seeing Richard's experience of having his booking rejected for trying a 2nd time, i am not going to chance it.  I guess no choice but to wait and see.  Although i have a few extra days with my flight leaving on the 10th.

If anyone has gotten their QR code using a Hotmail account, please let us know and the turnaround time.  g'luck to all of us on this! 

3 minutes ago, Thai Tom said:

I am in the same boat as others with a Hotmail address.  Submitted and completed the Thai Pass procedure mid afternoon Thai Time on 11/2.  Did not get a confirmation eMail to my Hotmail address.  After seeing Richard's experience of having his booking rejected for trying a 2nd time, i am not going to chance it.  I guess no choice but to wait and see.  Although i have a few extra days with my flight leaving on the 10th.

If anyone has gotten their QR code using a Hotmail account, please let us know and the turnaround time.  g'luck to all of us on this! 

It's a stupid question, but just on the outside chance...

Have you checked all three different folders? (focused, Others, and Spam)

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

It's a stupid question, but just on the outside chance...

Have you checked all three different folders? (focused, Others, and Spam)

Yep, that was the 1st thing i did this AM.  Zilch. 

12 hours ago, nikita22 said:

its straight up thai style......... ????

ive applied again, different email address no email or anything back from them.

it was 18 hours since my last application so im guessing it didnt go through, it seems unless you get an email conformation back you wont get anything

I agree, I was worried that I did not receive an email and reapplied (with a different email and passport number space) and got the email.  I have a guess that they might be processing the applications using an email workflow where an email also gets sent to a processing agent account

• Thanks 1

I have just received 5 (five) approval emails. I am not sure how many submissions I originally made that resulted in errors but I have had 1 (one) successful submissions screen and 1 (one) email that I successfully registered.

That means that the submissions with an error might have anyways ended up in the system and been processed. Of course the user has no way to know that.

I also got approved even though I presented EU vaccination certificates which have no passport number on them which others were rejected for.

????‍♂️

14 minutes ago, jepone said:
39 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

If arriving at Phuket Airport yes.  Link: https://www.thailandpsas.com/

So theese appointments are for sandbox an quarantine free entry? 

Yes: 1 PCR test booking (arrival test at the Airport)  For the 1 night Phuket SHA+ 1 night test and go (which replaces Sandbox for those from 63 low risk countries). 

And 2 tests bookings (arrival test at Airport and day 6 test at designated test site) for the 7 Night Sandbox (for those not from the 63 low risk countries approved for 1 night).