Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

8 minutes ago, SpecialSalami said:

Where’s that written?

Travellers must download and install the specified alert application (MorChana), and must wait within the accommodation only for the test result, which should be available within the day.

Bullet after point 8

If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (both detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.

Second bullet after point 9

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Latest update notes from the app itself:

What’s New 

- Add QRcode scan connect Thailand Pass system

- Add form page to connect to Thailand Pass system

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/morchana-หมอชนะ/id1505185420

----------

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, deal with it once in Thailand if necessary.

Edited by Salerno

1 hour ago, bobstl said:

Did you get the API error when you first submitted and/or hit the submit button a number of times when you applied?

Yes I got that error. Did not expect every request to actually go through tho. Guess I now print all of them and staple them into a nice booklet for immigration ????

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Travellers must download and install the specified alert application (MorChana), and must wait within the accommodation only for the test result, which should be available within the day.

Bullet after point 8

If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (both detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.

Second bullet after point 9

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Latest update notes from the app itself:

What’s New 

- Add QRcode scan connect Thailand Pass system

- Add form page to connect to Thailand Pass system

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/morchana-หมอชนะ/id1505185420

----------

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, deal with it once in Thailand if necessary.

They write „download and install the app at the hotel“. 

And there are sections with big red letters „before arrival“ and „during your stay“. 
So as I said earlier sticking to the process and you don’t have to worry about unnecessary things ????

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

How do you explain some people receiving instant approval?

Hmm I think there cannot be a "document" reason as I uploaded exactly the same documents as during my 1st application. 

I only added a photo of my yellow vaccination booklet with handwritten info and signature????, I guess this didn't make the difference. 

Only thing I changed was cutting the photos a little more "pro" and adding the QR code only once and cutting it so you really only see the "black&white cube".

So if it is not based on content what else is it? I am glad I received my TP but it cost me a lot of hassle and worries so I can't really be too enthusiastic about it. 

Fingers crossed everyone????

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Soondae said:

I booked my hotel from Agoda and used the Agoda confirmation in TP, then next day I get email from hotel to send them my itinerary and copy of PP then they will send me the confirmation to use for the TP application. Did I screw up using the Agoda confirmation? Should I resubmit with hotel confirmation letter as I received the email from TP that application was accepted, but no QR code?

I used the Agoda booking ID number. 

44 minutes ago, SpecialSalami said:

They write „download and install the app at the hotel“. 

And there are sections with big red letters „before arrival“ and „during your stay“. 
So as I said earlier sticking to the process and you don’t have to worry about unnecessary things ????

I tried adding my TP QR code to the MorChan app and it says "Invalid Thailand Pass Information" even though I have an approved TP QR code. You cant make this stuff up. ????

8 minutes ago, nash151 said:

Update: Was able tonight to get an automatic TP for girlfriend. Took us another three tries. This time it seems that tweek was again to put spaces after the passport number.

I have only tried twice just because I don't know if multiple applications would cause problems or <deleted> anyone off. I am tempted to just keep trying until I get a code though

On 11/2/2021 at 10:34 AM, cape said:

Hi

"After uploading the health insurance certificate"

What is this? I have an annual multi-trip with a European insurance company. The policy explicitly covers for 10m dollars  There's a small excess.

I have a four-page schedule but it doesn't mention covid.

I have the policy but its 126 pages!

What do I upload?

Hi

I have Uploaded the Confirmation page from The Assurance with the Summary, where the amount of coverage are written on it. On this Document also stay my Name and Address.

17 hours ago, nikita22 said:

just called him now, so he wasnt alone in this........ they had a team waiting in the airport to deal with people who were coming with no pass, they were not rejecting anyone but were making people pay for insurance/hotels etc before granting entry

it wont take long before they simply check the pass at the departure country to stop this

Can you let us know what airport he left from and which airline he took?

Also, has anyone else tried to just board without the TP?

• Confused 1

Can I just ask:

-- Thailand Pass approval gives you everything you need for entry, no need to do anything at the local consulate, correct?

-- Is Thailand Pass approval only good for a specific date, like the old COE? What is the window for entry?

13 minutes ago, david_je said:

Can I just ask:

-- Thailand Pass approval gives you everything you need for entry, no need to do anything at the local consulate, correct?

-- Is Thailand Pass approval only good for a specific date, like the old COE? What is the window for entry?

1-Somewhat..you still need the PCR testing before leaving and in Thailand, the hotel will ask you questions.

2-Thailand pass ask you date of entry and exit... unsure if you can extend but probably, just gotta make sure your insurance will continue I guess.

28 minutes ago, Gustomucho said:

Thailand pass ask you date of entry and exit... unsure if you can extend but probably, just gotta make sure your insurance will continue I guess

I don't understand how 'date of exit' comes into it.

Whatever means of entry be that from visa exempt entry to reentry permit with an until date or visa be that tourist or non O etc you are stamped into Thailand with a permission of stay stamp. That determines your period of required insurance.

When you exit is irrelevant.

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't understand how 'date of exit' comes into it.

Whatever means of entry be that from visa exempt entry to reentry permit with an until date or visa be that tourist or non O etc you are stamped into Thailand with a permission of stay stamp. That determines your period of required insurance.

When you exit is irrelevant.

I just arrived in Bangkok this morning on a NON-O extension of stay expiring 4th May 2022. This trip is only until 10th December so I only bought insurance until 10th December. I was curious to see what date the permitted stay would be due to the short term insurance. Surprisingly, the immigration officer stamped me up to 4th May 2022.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

I just arrived in Bangkok this morning on a NON-O extension of stay expiring 4th May 2022. This trip is only until 10th December so I only bought insurance until 10th December. I was curious to see what date the permitted stay would be due to the short term insurance. Surprisingly, the immigration officer stamped me up to 4th May 2022.

Well that's interesting. So it would seem those issuing the TP have no idea. 

Immigration stamped you in till your current extension (and reentry permit) until date. 

IMO your insurance should have covered untill May 22. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david_je said:

Can I just ask:

It depends on whether you need a visa to enter Thailand.

the answer to the second question is: yes, and the window is your flight schedule.

Edited by Danderman123

43 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Was this extension based on retirement? it sometimes seems to make a difference

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Well that's interesting. So it would seem those issuing the TP have no idea. 

Immigration stamped you in till your current extension (and reentry permit) until date. 

IMO your insurance should have covered untill May 22. 

Or I expected only to be stamped in until the expiry date of the insurance as sooner.

10 minutes ago, Kaseydal said:

Does anyone know if the COE is still valid to use on the 8th of Nov? 
Still waiting to receive TP but like many others nothing yet and it’s getting quite close. 

If you already have a COE it will be accepted. If you have one that may be why the TP has not been approved.

I was able to talk to a person in the LA consulate tonight.

He said they couldn't help with the Thailand pass and wouldn't give me a contact.

They did seem aware of the hotmail issue, which is what I used with my first application.

I guess I will call them one more time tomorrow night before likely canceling my trip Friday end of Bangkok work day. I had a COE in progress, but it was rejected pointing me to the Thailand pass.  

I'm supposed to fly Sat night, but I think I'll bail out before my $250USD covid test Friday AM USA time.

I applied first thing when the website went live with my hotmail account.  Reapplied before the Nov 2 Bangkok work day and got the email confirmation.

I reached out to a couple agents in Bangkok end of last month, but none were comfortable with

my existing date starting Nov 6.  If anyone has an agent for hire with TP connections, it would be much appreciated.

My sense is, they are buried in applications requiring manual processing and didn't staff up for what was supposed to be automagic.  Ah well, I guess Lalisa won't be there either.

Edited by SFSFSF
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It depends on whether you need a visa to enter Thailand.

the answer to the second question is: yes, and the window is your flight schedule.

I would enter visa exempt, so no need see consulate, correct? I ask because for old COE, had to go to consulate.

if the Thailand Pass only allows entry on a specific date, what happens if you must change the date, or airline changes flight schedule, etc.? Can you change the date on the TP site easily, or need to apply again, or? Thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, david_je said:

I would enter visa exempt, so no need see consulate, correct? I ask because for old COE, had to go to consulate.

if the Thailand Pass only allows entry on a specific date, what happens if you must change the date, or airline changes flight schedule, etc.? Can you change the date on the TP site easily, or need to apply again, or? Thanks.

I never went to a consulate to get a COE.