Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

52 minutes ago, John Doe Bkk said:

No. I paid for 10 days in a hotel as I will be staying in bkk anyway. And it is an approved Aq+ hotel. I certainly don't intend to be stuck inside the hotel as I have all the correct documentation. But I will explain that when I arrive in bangkok. Rather that then rocking up at the departure airport without qr code. In the meantime I am still waiting for my thailand pass to be emailed to me. But if they don't I will fly with the qr code they sent me for the alternative quarantine. It was an automated email sent back straight away. It's up to you what you want to upload in terms of accomodatuon . I just happen to plan to stay the ten days anyway. 

smart man you are well done

ive done it that way, cat skinned

if i get my other QR great if not, no problem

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Doe Bkk said:

I have been told my vaccine certificate needs to be in English.

I had my j&j shot in south America so that can't be changed.

I entered my details on 1 november onto the system and a few more attempts 2 and 3 november.  Confirmation emails received but no qr. I pre booked and paid for 1 night accomodation with airport pickup and per test plus an additional 10 nights in aq + hotel.

I then tried to register under the alternative quarantine section of thailand pass website with all the required documents and was sent an automated code straight away.

Either way. I will board with that qr code. So if any of you are in a panic and flights leaving soon I would suggest this . many ways to skin a cat

Worth a shot. I now moved my flight from tomorrow to Tuesday

23 minutes ago, ConorDC said:

A 10 day AQ package will be cheaper, especially with a cancellation policy. At least you will receive a QR code to guarantee you'll board the plane

I know there was ‘the theory’ that the 10 day package guaranteed the instant issuance of the QR code - but has this been confirmed ?

This may kick of a spate of foreigners applying for refundable 10 day AQ packages just to get the QR code to board the flights !

23 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Too lazy to read all the pages.

How long did it take you guys to receive that QR code ?

After figuring out that hotmail addresses weren't working i was finally able to resubmit with gmail earlier today, departing on 8th, arriving on 9th *sweating*

A number of people have received instant approval and QR codes. Some have also received approval after several hours or a day or so. It's difficult to know how many, because most people probably don't post after getting approval. There are definitely many (including myself) that have received nothing after the initial confirmation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobstl said:

A number of people have received instant approval and QR codes. Some have also received approval after several hours or a day or so. It's difficult to know how many, because most people probably don't post after getting approval. There are definitely many (including myself) that have received nothing after the initial confirmation.

Thanks,

Yup i was reading in the previous pages and it goes from "instant" to 24hrs and to 3 days and all the way up to "<deleted> is going on i have submitted days ago and still nothing"

I'm getting nervous, supposed to take the plane on monday "sighs"

28 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Too lazy to read all the pages.

How long did it take you guys to receive that QR code ?

After figuring out that hotmail addresses weren't working i was finally able to resubmit with gmail earlier today, departing on 8th, arriving on 9th *sweating*

There is no answer to this question. Nobody knows. Some people have got it immediately some others are waiting for 4 days and nothing....

I'm getting nervous.  I applied for the Bangkok sandbox 45 hours ago since I've been to Mexico which is not one of the 63 countries. Got the confirm but no QR code.  Should I submit everything again and possibly screw everything up with 2 applications, or just wait patiently.  Some have received an instant QR code. My vaccine certificate has a US QR code.  Thanks. 

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I know there was ‘the theory’ that the 10 day package guaranteed the instant issuance of the QR code - but has this been confirmed ?

This may kick of a spate of foreigners applying for refundable 10 day AQ packages just to get the QR code to board the flights !

no its the same as the other way you either get it straight away or you just wait

• Like 2

Just now, raptorea said:

USA vaccine card no QR code?  Has anyone from USA had any issues on the new Thailandpass app? I would think the consulate in USA are aware of this? Thank you 

I am not aware from anyone in the USA receiving a QR code, there may be some, but I have not seen any messages or Facebook posts. 

I am mostly seeing people with EU vaccine certs or Brits posting about receiving a QR code. 

I suspect that US applications go into the "will review someday" pile. 

The critical question is whether anyone who didn't get an immediate QR code managed to get a QR che next day or so... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not aware from anyone in the USA receiving a QR code, there may be some, but I have not seen any messages or Facebook posts. 

I am mostly seeing people with EU vaccine certs or Brits posting about receiving a QR code. 

The critical question is whether anyone who didn't get an immediate QR code managed to get a QR che next day or so... 

Well I cant apply until 11/09/21 and my flight leaves 11/30/21. I hope all goes ok because I have paid a ton of $$ with hotels and flights already

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

California has a SMART Health Card which will enable you to generate an electronic record of your Covid vaccines including a QR code.  Other states might have this too.

13 minutes ago, stickymango said:

California has a SMART Health Card which will enable you to generate an electronic record of your Covid vaccines including a QR code.  Other states might have this too.

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

I am using the California QR code, but no success yet in getting a TP QR code. 

52 minutes ago, bobstl said:

I don’t recall many people posting about receiving approval after several hours or a day.

Same with rejection notices, not so many reported.

This tells me that automated processing is handling most of the load, and that there isn’t much manual processing going on. What is TBD is what prompts automated processing? Is it by country (it’s not flight date), or is it random chance?

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I'm in the same boat.  I printed all of the required documents and then took pictures with my phone to create the required JPG. Trying to decide if I'm better off submitting a second application or waiting patiently. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stickymango said:

I'm in the same boat.  I printed all of the required documents and then took pictures with my phone to create the required JPG. Trying to decide if I'm better off submitting a second application or waiting patiently. 

I just submitted my third application right now, I guess I will submit a new app every day until I get one. I use a different email address every time.

i received the confirmation email immediately, but no QR code, so it looks like the system ate my Application again.

I fly on the 10th, I was hoping that applying on the 1st would give me enough time.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I'm in the same boat. Uploaded both a scan of my CDC card and a screenshot of the California display from my phone with the QR Code. I read that someone said to crop the screenshot so only the QR code shows. I suppose if I get to the point where I do a second application I'll do that.

I applied Tuesday and got both the "Success" popup at the end and the immediate email confirmation, but just get that feeling that things aren't on track. I know people who submitted Monday are still waiting too, but based on reports from some people getting the QR Code there doesn't seem to be much logic in the order.

At least we should be able to go back into the TP web site and see our status as "Pending Approval" or something. It would make me feel a little bit better.

I also haven't seen any official announcements or statements from whatever Thai agency is running this. Just prior to TP going online it seemed we were getting constant articles hyping Thailand's "Re-opening" and the New Thailand Pass system, but now TP has been out for well over 3 days there seems to be nothing. I'd expect some official statements saying things are working well, or we'll get to everybody's application in time, or we received a greater number of requests than expected so we have extra staff working through the weekend to process everything....something!  But when we don't hear anything, the assumption is going to be that things are not on track and there are problems.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stickymango said:

I have a SMART Health Card QR code that was issued by one of the large pharmacy chains in America. Unfortunately, the QR code needs a proprietary scanner to decode the information. The scanner app is called "Verifier" and is available on the Google Play Store. However, Thailand doesn't use the SMART system, so they aren't going to have a clue how to properly scan the code to display the vaccine information. I will include this QR code on my ThailandPass application later today because I don't think anybody in Thailand is actually going to scan the code and examine the results.

JGA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoVeFuN said:

Excellent I have now got the two and will use the COVID tracker fully vaccinated for number1 along with QR code.

Did you upload the whole of the EU certificate or just the portion you have showed as half the info is upside down if you show the whole certificate?

16 minutes ago, JGA said:

I have a SMART Health Card QR code that was issued by one of the large pharmacy chains in America. Unfortunately, the QR code needs a proprietary scanner to decode the information. The scanner app is called "Verifier" and is available on the Google Play Store. However, Thailand doesn't use the SMART system, so they aren't going to have a clue how to properly scan the code to display the vaccine information. I will include this QR code on my ThailandPass application later today because I don't think anybody in Thailand is actually going to scan the code and examine the results.

JGA

Or, the TP scanner tries to read the California vaccine cert QR code, can’t read it, so the application goes into the Forever pile of apps. I will try again tomorrow without the California QR code.