Police warning: You're only allowed to drink at selected restaurants - even then last orders are at 9 pm

webfact

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

But it is only in restaurants that have applied for permission, said Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen.

Interesting.

"Applied for permission" to whom?

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

All bars, pubs, nightclubs and karaoke remain completely shut

Meh. Doubt it if they have "menus". And have "applied for permission" with a bit out of the till.

The toothpaste cap is already off, and the toothpaste will be squirting everywhere this evening.

Edited by mtls2005

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that the RTP would enforce the measures. 

The RTP hasn't collects tea money in a while, I expect them to try and make up for lost income.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I'm told that many establishments are actually serving alcohol on the sly and as much as you like true to an "understanding and an arrangements" with those who are suppose to  be the guardian of the law and order.. and to paraphrase the nite owl B. Trink: 'Nuff said...

I have heard an unconfirmed rumour that some places are serving beer in plastic cups to fool the police , keep that quiet

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have heard an unconfirmed rumour that some places are serving beer in plastic cups to fool the police , keep that quiet

The stupidity of this defies belief

Thailand will not lose face over this and expect the official closure of bars to go on and on because of this idiocy...

Its mind boggling

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Cost is a factor too. I can stay at a beautiful resort in the forest and the beach in Koh Chang for the same price as a roadside ugly motel room in Australia.

I'm not really talking about western countries Vs Thailand.

I'm comparing Thailand Vs Vietnam/Cambodia/China/Philippines.

And without the draw of the reasonably priced women Thailand would be my last choice.

Cambodia has better temples, Indian food, cannabis, cheap food and drinks.

Vietnam has the best beaches and countryside, novel food, and better temples.

The Philippines has the cheapest alcohol and really nice beaches.

Thailand has the best bang for your bucks.

All four countries have similar climates.

And Cambodia/Philippines is much easier to stay as a long-term expat.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chivas said:

You must be joking lol

In 2019 just around 40 million tourists visited Thailand. As a percentage have a guess at the "unique" amount of tourists that visited Pattaya and registered at hotels  ??  Remember its an unique number (I will explain as I can see the retorts coming lol, unique meaning if you came 5 times in a year your're 1 unique visitor )

Just 0.88% of that 40 million. Then consider the swarms of Chinese around the place and that "unique" number becomes miniscule as regards the Europeans Aussies Americans etc

Its a startling reality that the very vast majority go nowhere near the hotspots

Pattaya was the 15th most visited city in the WORLD in 2019: https://thepattayanews.com/2019/09/08/pattaya-is-the-fifteenth-most-visited-city-in-the-world-bangkok-remains-number-one/

https://newsroom.mastercard.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/GDCI-Global-Report-FINAL-1.pdf

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not really talking about western countries Vs Thailand.

I'm comparing Thailand Vs Vietnam/Cambodia/China/Philippines.

And without the draw of the reasonably priced women Thailand would be my last choice.

Cambodia has better temples,Indian food, cannabis, cheap food and drinks.

Vietnam has the best beaches and countryside, novel food, and better temples.

The Philippines has the cheapest alcohol and really nice beaches.

Thailand has the best bang for your bucks.

Fair point. Only been to Thailand and Laos in this part of S E Asia. . Probably should look further afield but girlfriend is Thai and for  some reason I feel like Thailand is more my cup of tea. Plenty of cheap good wine, good Vietnamese and Chinese food,  and good beaches in Australia.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Chivas said:

You must be joking lol

In 2019 just around 40 million tourists visited Thailand. As a percentage have a guess at the "unique" amount of tourists that visited Pattaya and registered at hotels  ??  Remember its an unique number (I will explain as I can see the retorts coming lol, unique meaning if you came 5 times in a year your're 1 unique visitor )

Just 0.88% of that 40 million. Then consider the swarms of Chinese around the place and that "unique" number becomes miniscule as regards the Europeans Aussies Americans etc

Its a startling reality that the very vast majority go nowhere near the hotspots

That 40 million "tourists"...

Wasnt the 40 million the total number of airport arrivals.... I:E.. not all 40 million where tourists,

in 2019 I flew in 30 times (working abroad).

Now Iam definately not a tourist.... was I counted as one arrival or 30 ?

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

That 40 million "tourists"...

Wasnt the 40 million the total number of airport arrivals.... I:E.. not all 40 million where tourists,

in 2019 I flew in 30 times (working abroad).

Now Iam definately not a tourist.... was I counted as one arrival or 30 ?

If the T.A.T complied the figures , you would probably have counted for 300 entries