Test and Go

I know that this is the first day of the new "test and go" but has anyone out there used it yet? I'm real curious about what kind of wait time there is for the Covid testing results. They are telling people that they will have to book one day to wait for results before they can go to there destination. I have a flight arriving on 12/01/2021 at Suvarnabhumi Airport with a connecting flight on Bangkok Airways to Koh Samui with a 6hr layover between flights. I'm hoping that the 6hrs will be enough for me to get my test results.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, rwing93 said:

I have a flight arriving on 12/01/2021 at Suvarnabhumi Airport with a connecting flight on Bangkok Airways to Koh Samui with a 6hr layover between flights.

Is it on the one ticket/are you entering via "Samui Plus" scheme? If yes, you'll be tested in Samui. If not, as @Captain Monday said, you need to reassess your plans.

• Like 2

There are details about test and go that are not clear yet. Like ASQ do you have to strictly stay un your room or do you have run of the hotel? Can you order "a glass of wine" with your room service?

Do you have to wait until 6AM and get some kind of Sandbox/ASQ type completion certificate before you can proceed on? This was required to get on my domestic flights.

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Like ASQ do you have to strictly stay un your room or do you have run of the hotel?

Stay in your room.

7 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Can you order "a glass of wine" with your room service?

Good question, especially given the relaxation on alcohol in restaurants.

8 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Do you have to wait until 6AM and get some kind of Sandbox/ASQ type completion certificate before you can proceed on?

Haven't seen a certificate mentioned but would seem superfluous, IMO it's dead for vaccinated people. Soon as negative result supposed to be "free".  

I read samui trips allows to transit in BKK so I would assume you get to test in samui at hotel...so why not for CNX??

I read on ASQ site some hotels promising test results within 12 hrs....so arriving in morning would be key--or maybe suckered into 2 night stay

If that happened id just sit in hotel lobby next day as the hotel is "clean" for ASQ rules right???? cant make me pay for 2nd night..I could see some

trying to use your CC on file to try this move....also why cant i do sandbox for ONE night, as asq site only allows 7, but "promises" a refund(money #1)

Im hoping I will find a direct to CNX where I could test and do hotel as thats my base....as the hotel lady up there was saying there were no bookings (duh)

Also if one tested positive are they allowed to refuse treatment?....can thais force you to go to hospital?...just thinking out loud...

Still think they should give option at swampy to stay in a sealed area for results or book a hotel at your option----just seems like a money grab imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I read samui trips allows to transit in BKK so I would assume you get to test in samui at hotel...so why not for CNX??

I read on ASQ site some hotels promising test results within 12 hrs....so arriving in morning would be key--or maybe suckered into 2 night stay

If that happened id just sit in hotel lobby next day as the hotel is "clean" for ASQ rules right???? cant make me pay for 2nd night..I could see some

trying to use your CC on file to try this move....also why cant i do sandbox for ONE night, as asq site only allows 7, but "promises" a refund(money #1)

Im hoping I will find a direct to CNX where I could test and do hotel as thats my base....as the hotel lady up there was saying there were no bookings (duh)

Also if one tested positive are they allowed to refuse treatment?....can thais force you to go to hospital?...just thinking out loud...

Still think they should give option at swampy to stay in a sealed area for results or book a hotel at your option----just seems like a money grab imo

Was betting on Scoot from SIN but I heard the first airline back to CNX will be KE from ICN but nothing announced officially.

Yes, the Thai authorities can and will quarantine you if found positive after arrival as it is required under the amended infectious disease act and affirmed by our continuing state of emergency 

The transit to Samui  allowed under Sandbox rules involved  an airport transit under the sealed route concept at a specific arrival gate. Nothing has been announced for Chiang Mai  will be looking to fly nonstop and doing the Test and Go there. Hopefully Le Meridien Chiang Mai will have the program

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

You misunderstand the Test and Go program. It is based on the ASQ model. You must travel to the designated Hotel by pre arranged SHA+ transportation. You will be swabbed at the Hotel by Nurses assigned by the participating Hospital associated with the Hotel. You have to wait for the results at th Hotel. 

No way to do this in 6 hours, time to change your air tickets

I know for a fact that Chris Parker( ReTHAIred Working For You) arrived in Bangkok about 3 weeks ago on his way to Koh Samui. He tested at the airport and got his results back in 4hrs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, rwing93 said:

I know for a fact that Chris Parker( ReTHAIred Working For You) arrived in Bangkok about 3 weeks ago on his way to Koh Samui. He tested at the airport and got his results back in 4hrs.

Right, but is it not true that since some time in July you could transit to Samui from BKK via the bubble and seal protocol of the Sandbox at a designated arrival gate?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Right, but is it not true that since some time in July you could transit to Samui from BKK via the bubble and seal protocol of the Sandbox at a designated arrival gate?

He may have done a " sealed flight". I'm not sure. He still got tested at the airport and only took 4 hrs to get his test results irregardless whether he had a sealed flight or not. I don't see where the amount of time to get test results back should matter. You would think that someone that comes into the airport with a connecting flight later that day would be given priority over someone that does not have another flight to catch.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rwing93 said:

He may have done a " sealed flight". I'm not sure. He still got tested at the airport and only took 4 hrs to get his test results irregardless whether he had a sealed flight or not. I don't see where the amount of time to get test results back should matter. You would think that someone that comes into the airport with a connecting flight later that day would be given priority over someone that does not have another flight to catch.

Hopefully clarity will emerge soon. With vaccination/ Test and Go no more need for Sandbox protocols 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rwing93 said:

That might be true then, but the wife and I arrived at Bangkok three days ago and were not tested at the airport, but instead at the ASQ, we arrived at the airport at 10:30pm, were tested at 8:00am the following day.

Edited by Lee4Life
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

No way to do this in 6 hours, time to change your air tickets

When I arrived in Phuket sandbox seven weeks ago, I got my result in three hours.

Swab at airport, taxi to Patong, shower and welcome drink, call from reception saying I was negative and free to go out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rwing93 said:

He arrived in Phuket from Toronto (via HK).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

When I arrived in Phuket sandbox seven weeks ago, I got my result in three hours.

Swab at airport, taxi to Patong, shower and welcome drink, call from reception saying I was negative and free to go out.

Yes, some people have had test results come back to their hotels quite quickly. But the OP is talking about getting tested at the airport and then taking an onward domestic flight, without ever using a hotel (and he's also going into Suvarnabhumi, not Phuket). So unless he's using Samui Plus, it doesn't seem that his plan is realistic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Like ASQ do you have to strictly stay un your room

Yes you do and even the balcony doors are locked. Had this confirmed by my BKK hotel already. Regarding the glass of wine I don't know but il be picking up a bottle of Bacardi in AMS to see me through the wait for test results malarky.  

1 hour ago, hamdan5485 said:

I am also looking for the same list for Phuket arrival. So far, can't find any that offering the package.

Hi, I don't think there is one. I got this answer from a hotel I booked for 1 night in Phuket. They told me they will arrange a Taxi to pick me up to be payed at the hotel 500 TH. A bit funny since the hotel is walking distance from the airport. Just try on any booking site and you will find many options. Book one with no fee to cancel. 

Good luck

"For the RT-PCT test you can book by www.thailandpsas.com  by yourself."

On 11/2/2021 at 2:21 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

There is no other option to get to Samui. The airport is too small to accept international planes. The Samui Sandbox involves a sealed transit in BKK. I am not sure how testing works.

No one is sure how late arrivals will work. I guess we will hear reports about it soon.

The hotel may be clean, but you may not be so they won't let you stay in the lobby.

ASQs has one night packages now.

You can't refuse treatment and they will force you to go to a hospital. If you don't agree to the terms, don't go!

There is not enough space at the airport to socially distance all the people safely. Expecting people not to go to the bathroom or wanting to get something to eat for 6 hours+ is unrealistic.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 7:33 PM, PoorSucker said:

Earlier in the Sandbox there was less people and therefore, less tests to process. I arrived 3 weeks ago and got my results in 6 hours.

• Like 1

I have a similar flight booked for the end of this month. I'm flying Amsterdam to BKK to Samui. Bangkok Airways operates the BKK to Samui flight - it's one ticket, my understanding is that this is a sealed flight and stays sealed untill you reach the hotel hence the 500baht shakedown for private transfer from the airport to your hotel

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

think they may start direct flights to CNX soon?

A bunch of hotels were designated as SHA hotels in Chiang Mai but I gave up waiting for an international flight to CNX. I just booked a flight to BKK and will do a Test and Go in a hotel near Suvarnabhumi and take the next available flight to CNX.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, grin said:

A bunch of hotels were designated as SHA hotels in Chiang Mai but I gave up waiting for an international flight to CNX. I just booked a flight to BKK and will do a Test and Go in a hotel near Suvarnabhumi and take the next available flight to CNX.

yep  i feel it will have directs to CNX as SOON as I book in BKK......murphys law...sigh