Tourism scene visibly livelier in some provinces

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourism scene in some provinces has visibly gotten livelier after the relaxation of Covid restrictions to accommodate the reopening of Thailand to international tourists, and as the tourism high season comes into view.

Try opening up (and I do mean opening up fully) other areas which are not doing so well instead of all the prohibitions and see what happens

• Like 2

But all the serial whiners here told me the Phuket sandbox failed, the Thai gov't failed, and everyone and everything in Thailand is smothered in fail sauce. Why would they lie?

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Some thing must be going on as it really busy on the roads, yesterday late afternoon I drove from Rawai to the Homepro at Samkong the car park was almost full then we drove into Phuket town lots of traffic everywhere, 

Booking a trip to Phuket a couple of weeks ago, there were plenty of bargains to be had. I was able to get in at a couple of 4* + hotels for around 1300-1500THB a night. One wing of a hotel we stayed at near the airport was basically being left to rot, complete with "green" pool and weeds running wild.