internet on darkside.

p414

18 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I was responding to a suggestion that downloading is becoming archaic, not really which is better, however, having used both methods I strongly disagree. My method is better, faster and easier, and if you're a person who likes to rewind to rewatch scenes, a lot better at that too... not to mention logging into streaming servers can be a pain too. Navigating inside the movie is so much easier with the movie on the hard drive.

I don't arhive many movies. I watch them, and after I've done my social duty seeding back, delete them. With the size of hard drives these days, it's not a problem.

this is what I do too! I like it so much that I just don't care about any other method even if they potentially do have merit/advantages.

give me a 1080p NTb release and I'm a happy man. I'm a Luddite and haven't upgraded to a 4K screen yet.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:41 PM, JensenZ said:

I was responding to a suggestion that downloading is becoming archaic, not really which is better, however, having used both methods I strongly disagree. My method is better, faster and easier,

I agree that downloading is the better option...nothing worse than settling down to watch a much anticipated "something" and the picture freezes,stuttering and buffering ( always at the best bit)

no such problems if you download the whole thing first and play it back from your local copy.