Only six international travelers found with Covid-19 infections so far since the reopening, CAAT to issue more preventive announcements

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Exactly.

It was said right at the start of the pandemic that people had to have the virus about 5 days before it would show up on a test.

Those that had the virus for a couple of days would pass the pre departure test but not the one on arrival.

Seems their prudence is justified. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Those that had the virus for a couple of days would pass the pre departure test but not the one on arrival.

And of course a large percentage of the taxi drivers picking the tourists up at the airport would not pass the test either, but Thailand seems only to direct its attention at foreign travelers, fully vaccinated and tested. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

And of course a large percentage of the taxi drivers picking the tourists up at the airport would not pass the test either,

Fairly obvious you haven't arrived in Thailand during the quarantine regime. Passengers leave the airport in a covid secure vehicle, I was alone in mine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

airly obvious you haven't arrived in Thailand during the quarantine regime. Passengers leave the airport in a covid secure vehicle, I was alone in mine.

You are correct I have not arrived since Covid.  OK instead of the secure covid vehicle, they will first meet those in Thailand with Covid either from the hotel staff upon checking into their Non quarantine hotel, or from one of the first 10 street vendors they come into contact with. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Well this is rather looking good, if the numbers keep being this low 0.0x% the Thai authorities might drop and/or lower some of the quarantines or insurance requirements in order to boost the tourism sector...

But then again this is Thailand, Thai logic defies everything...

Logic, what's that? 

1 hour ago, RafPinto said:

They can't even check their own apps here, let alone, checking apps from other countries.

I got that muddled. Its the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that issues the Thailand Pass, not the Ministry of Public Health. The verification app for the EU certificates can be downloaded on the Google Play Store and the Apple Store.

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did you not read there are many breakthrough cases in USA, UK and Israel? You can google for it or watch in Youtube for the evidence.

Vaccine doesn't prevent you from being infected, it prevents you from being hospitalized with severe illness.

What is important is that all the passengers were supposed to be Covid negative when boarding the place.

It goes to show that negative Covid cert & fully vacc cert can be bought or faked.

Interesting you immediately come to the conclusion that the certs are fake rather than some issue with the testing procedure.

What on earth does fully vaxxed mean anyway?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I find it rather amazing they found any given that these people obviously tested negative within 72 hours of their arrival.  

What would be interesting is what were the nationalities of those who were infected and what vaccine were they reportedly inoculated with. 

I do not think that Nationality matters as much as where they flew in from (original flight ).

If I fly in from Brunei where I am based  on a British Passport ,how would my nationality counts?????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

they will first meet those in Thailand with Covid either from the hotel staff upon checking into their Non quarantine hotel, or from one of the first 10 street vendors they come into contact with. 

You mean just like me when I went to the UK.

10 minutes ago, James105 said:

Any country that is pandering to the fears of its most irrationally scared inhabitants is doing a massive disservice to its citizens that rely on tourism for the income that feeds their families and pays their rent.   

You should have told that to the brexiteers.

All governments do what they want irrespective of the collateral damage, something that many on here need to learn to live with.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing is impossible, there are always ways round things, and that is in any country. All anyone can do is try and make it harder for the bad guys.

Okay then. Tell me how you'd do it then. 

On my vaccine cert there is the usual information about the type and date of the vaccine. 

There is also my picture.

There is also my ID number.

There is also my passport number.

There is also a QR code.

Scan the QR code and it goes directly to the government MOH website for electronic validation, where all the above information is available to view. 

So what's the way round all that then?

30 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Okay then. Tell me how you'd do it then. 

On my vaccine cert there is the usual information about the type and date of the vaccine. 

There is also my picture.

There is also my ID number.

There is also my passport number.

There is also a QR code.

Scan the QR code and it goes directly to the government MOH website for electronic validation, where all the above information is available to view. 

So what's the way round all that then?

I did not say that I knew my way around everything.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I did not say that I knew my way around everything.

So can we agree that generating QR codes linked to government websites, photo ID, ID numbers, and Passport numbers, and then managing to alter one's appearance is impossible then??

????????????

22 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Somewhat of a joke,  in the past on certain airlines they didn't nor sure about now?

Still possible but highly unlikely. If a Thai is coming back into quarantine, no Government mandate for a pre-flight test; airlines of course may have their own rules. Test and go or sandbox/blue then they also need pre-flight test.

Seems very hush hush about there origin?? 

I would assume maybe Thai nationals with no jabs  and no pcr test?? 

GO ???????? LET THE LOCALS INFECT THE PEOPLE DOING THE RIGHT THING  ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS. 

But they'll be ok they will go to the temple and ???? all will be good 

Unreal..... Like living with a bunch a children ???? from  kindergarten

• Like 2

OK so six discovered. Were they returning Thai that apparently don't need a PCR test to enter Thailand but may be required to board a flight except Thai airways!!. Did they have negative tests 72 hours before their flights and if so they must have contracted Covid after their test. What nationality? which flight? same flight? Tested in quarantine and found to be positive? So many questions and so little facts to work out what's going wrong or how to fix it..

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, EricTh said:

How did these 6 got the virus in the first place when they are supposed to be fully vax and also negative test before boarding?

Negative up to 3 days befpre boarding. So it is entirely likely they were infected prior to departure. On the plan is doubtful as they are tested on arrival, so viral load would likely be too low to be detected. Nothin is perfect and the tests are not perfect either. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tomyami said:

The hazmat charade at swampi is laughable coming through a few busier airports around the med none of that sihte 2 b seen

swampi retard show welcoming the dirty foreigner

no numbers here in tenerife its mad busy and as near to normal, thailand should forget about tourism it was dying a slow death before covid

I'll be in Tenerife at the end of this month, and was in Spain last month and agree it's all pretty much business as usual. Living with the virus is the new norm across most of Europe. 

I can't wait to get back to Thailand, but I'll be spending my money elsewhere until all the ridiculous rules have been relaxed. 

8 hours ago, alex8912 said:

If you are transiting at Singapore Changi airport do you need a "digital" vaccination card?  That would be odd because most countries don't even have them.  I did hear about the pcr test 48 hours before departure to SG.  

No, I showed a negative PCR test. That was all. 

15 hours ago, Salerno said:

Why is it silly?

Covid, which is a relatively mild virus, attaches itself to the outside of a plane, remains glued to the plane after a 550mph flight at 35,000 feet, and then infects people upon arrival? It is about as stupid and unscientific as the silly hazmat suits they are wearing. 

This is not Ebola or Bubonic plague, except in the minds of tiny and fearful men like Prayuth, and some extreme neurotics.

• Haha 1