Thailand travel opens up to vaccinated tourists, but who from Asia is visiting? It might just be the Indians

webfact

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Going to go out on a limb here and say they are not recently arrived foreign tourists and they live in Thailand. Hard enough getting to Thailand during covid without worrying about importing your dog.

They gotta get the numbers up somehow.

Anyone flying in from anywhere even domestically is a tourist.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Going to go out on a limb here and say they are not recently arrived foreign tourists and they live in Thailand. Hard enough getting to Thailand during covid without worrying about importing your dog.

I have friends coming from Germany this month and yes, they are bringing their dog.

Paperwork for the dog is easier than COE/Thailand Pass they said.

whoever want's to come, thailand is in a desperate state. Possibly indians are a better bet than infamous chinese ones.

For the last few days it was japanese, singaporean, qatar and chinese travellers. India was never mentioned.

India is the most populous country in the world, so certainly they have potential equal to chinese tourists. Just India has a very similar climate and similar culture to thai, so it's less exotic.

For most of china thailand is attractive because of high temperatures, that especially important in winter months, when china is freezing.

Yes, india is poorer, but there is no language barrier, as they speak english (unlike chinese).

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

Expect very few Western tourists for years to come. Over 60 nations have been open for a long time now, and Thailand has been the scared and timid one cowering in the corner of the room. 

In 2019, the vast majority of arrivals were lower to lower middle income Malaysians, Indians, and Chinese. Expect that pattern to only build upon itself. Tourism here is basically done, as an industry. Call it the great slaughter of the Golden Goose. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Some are. I follow Digital nomad groups and many are medium and long term "tourists." Some for the first time because they can work remotely now. Regardless, do they not spend money that goes into the economy? I don't get everyone's obsession with only wanting to count those that go back home after a week or 2.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 5:17 AM, zzaa09 said:

Who makes up these fallacy "news" items with the obviously false accompanying photo? 

"Journalists."  I wish I could say it's a minority of sneaky and dishonest people that only care about clicks and the general public are too wise to fall for their lies, but, sadly, it's pretty much standard for online "news" these days, even from the big boys.