At least 30 people arrested at Pattaya beach bar for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

5 hours ago, flyfrog said:

Have fun at the music festival with a can of sprite or coke???? hope there's space enough on the 2nd floor in Soi 9 that day

Restaurants, street vendors, Farang Beach Road sitters should look into these...Soda Can Sleeve Silicone Beer Can Cover Drink Can Suit For Outdoor Events

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/flash-sale355ml-soda-can-sleeve-silicone-beer-can-cover-drink-can-suit-for-outdoor-events-i2732622962-s9905769186.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:12654756915!117524295342!!!pla-294682000766!c!294682000766!9905769186!250370479&gclid=CjwKCAjwiY6MBhBqEiwARFSCPicn0Y9OJRqUxEh5DP97MuSYpTb4x2Mjo3wQsQF-y9IhT3qrwSas6BoCj6YQAvD_BwE

14 hours ago, flyfrog said:

Have fun at the music festival with a can of sprite or coke???? hope there's space enough on the 2nd floor in Soi 9 that day

If you think there will not be a drink or two to be found you surely do not know the place very well. 

42 minutes ago, petermik said:

Lisa    on   the  Beach......formerly We are the world bar

Which is an important point - this is a pub/bar - should not be open to begin with.  This was not a restaurant that was serving alcohol discretely.  

• Sad 1

In my town the police came to the bar soi. Drove past all the bars with Thais drinking, and stopped at the one with a couple of Farags. Hats on, torches out, recording video, and told to close (thankfully that's all) then on their way. Talked to a policeman I know and he said their position is that the Thais would just be sitting and talking but not drinking, and the Farangs would certainly be drinking. Can't make it up.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:08 PM, freedomnow said:

Jailed for boozing..pass the Kratom - changed days.

Was watching the news on channel 3 this morning, some enterprising soul has planted some baby Kratom plants in the central divide in some town or city somewhere, there was an Officer of the law scratching his head and no doubt the concerned member of the public who had reported it to the police ????????

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Was watching the news on channel 3 this morning, some enterprising soul has planted some baby Kratom plants in the central divide in some town or city somewhere, there was an Officer of the law scratching his head and no doubt the concerned member of the public who had reported it to the police ????????

Time for people to dig in and clear it all away ?

On 11/5/2021 at 10:59 AM, FunkyDunky58 said:

In my town the police came to the bar soi. Drove past all the bars with Thais drinking, and stopped at the one with a couple of Farags. Hats on, torches out, recording video, and told to close (thankfully that's all) then on their way. Talked to a policeman I know and he said their position is that the Thais would just be sitting and talking but not drinking, and the Farangs would certainly be drinking. Can't make it up.

Unlike the Thai police, the virus doesn't discriminate.   Corrupt muppets, the lot of them.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 7:59 PM, Leaver said:

They would know if it's not the bar owner in on the scam it's one of the staff, and if it's not one of the staff it's the moto taxi guy out the front, and if it's not the moto taxi guy it's etc etc etc etc.

I agree customers would know there is a risk of getting caught and face around 20,000 Baht donation, but unless they have psychic abilities and can read minds, are master sleuths,  then to think that most would be able to determine if they had been caught by police, due to an inside arrangement with a bar owner, or someone else somehow connected to the bar/establishment is a very big stretch.  If the scam was done properly, the owner would appear dumbfounded, shocked etc, and the police would not let on with the arrangement.  Easy to pull that off.   I think one would have to be quite naive to think that this does not occur.  Of course if the scam was not pulled off the right way and someone saw a police nodding to someone or saying something, etc then yes a punter would guess something was awry.  

On 11/4/2021 at 8:56 PM, bbko said:

I don't want people thinking I am drinking Coca Cola... I am all grown up! 

On 11/9/2021 at 5:54 PM, aussienam said:

I agree customers would know there is a risk of getting caught and face around 20,000 Baht donation, but unless they have psychic abilities and can read minds, are master sleuths,  then to think that most would be able to determine if they had been caught by police, due to an inside arrangement with a bar owner, or someone else somehow connected to the bar/establishment is a very big stretch.  If the scam was done properly, the owner would appear dumbfounded, shocked etc, and the police would not let on with the arrangement.  Easy to pull that off.   I think one would have to be quite naive to think that this does not occur.  Of course if the scam was not pulled off the right way and someone saw a police nodding to someone or saying something, etc then yes a punter would guess something was awry.  

All too late by the time police arrive.  You are up for 20k baht.  

We all know what Thai's are like.  Money today, don't care about tomorrow.  I doubt they care if they lose customers because they suspect it's been a staged police raid.  Especially if the bar is closing down anyway.

We all know the covid laws around selling alcohol at the moment.  Why take the risk?  It makes for an expensive drink if caught out.