More than 65 thousand sign up for Thailand Pass

webfact

The application has issues due to surge of demand. Astonishing that such mundane early days hiccups have some posters knickers in a twist. A new designed system unable to cope is not uncommon.

https://news.yahoo.com/singapore-covid-airline-websites-crash-122000585.html

simpleflying.com/singapore-airlines-website-crashes-demand/

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I have nothing but praise for the new system, arrived bkk 2nd nov from melb au, prior to arrival received t/pass qr code via email to expediate entry, everything was well organized at the airport, driver from hotel was waiting, at hotel taken to my room to wait for nurse, she arrived later in the afternoon, tested everyone who flew in on multiple airlines, following morning i was told i tested negative and was free to go.

ps: no tracking app or ankle bracelets were enforced.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Polaky said:

I have nothing but praise for the new system, arrived bkk 2nd nov from melb au, prior to arrival received t/pass qr code via email to expediate entry, everything was well organized at the airport, driver from hotel was waiting, at hotel taken to my room to wait for nurse, she arrived later in the afternoon, tested everyone who flew in on multiple airlines, following morning i was told i tested negative and was free to go.

ps: no tracking app or ankle bracelets were enforced.

For you no ATK Selftest at day 5-6? No MorChana App for report the result? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The spokesman said the ministry has acknowledged some issues with the system, mostly due to external interferences.

As always, someone else's fault.

Anyway, nice of them to be working so hard to give permission for people to enter Thailand to fill the hotels and restaurants and spend their money. Most countries, though, don't require you to seek permission.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Visitors and returning Thai nationals can now apply for Thailand Pass

You can apply but........

Experience from a friend of mine trying to get here for more than a month now.

It took us 3 + weeks to get the visa, yesterday I applied for the Thailand Pass for us two - the wife´s came back approved within 5 minutes - mine not yet... No one can understand what these guys are doing to their homeland with this silly regulations - if I have no QR Code from Thailand Pass I cannot buy a flight ticket and have to keep postponing hotel stay again and again..

That does not attract tourists...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

Lol, they refuse to even accept the numbers, calling it fake news or whatever, so you know they hate those numbers.  They really do literally mean NOBODY.  As in a tiny trickle. 65,000 is far more than a trickle and makes it very hard for them to try move the goalposts like they always try do.

They will just move on to whining about something else like they always do.  Never admitting they are wrong, and they are almost ALWAYS wrong.

Just wonder how many in that number are due to "try agains" one report said a guy has tried 15 times.

3 hours ago, 10baht said:

Has anyone here in Thailand actually accessed this web site: http://tp.consular.go.th/ ?

I am in Thailand cannot get on the page.

Yes...in CM...just checked..Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go)

Conditions

Travelers from eligible countries / territories only
Exempted from quarantine after testing negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR) after arrival in Thailand...etc..etc..
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thailand and applicants don't go together...  90 days reporting, Mor Prom, Expatvac and previous versions, and so on.....The hub of failures

"Thailand and simple APP programming do not get along at all: TH is the hub of sloppy APP programming with blaming others (outside of the country, of course) for their own stupidity when the c.r.a.p does not work

Edited by thurien

7 minutes ago, Rinrada said:
Yes...in CM...just checked..Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go)

Conditions

Travelers from eligible countries / territories only
Exempted from quarantine after testing negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR) after arrival in Thailand...etc..etc..

....Had a go for Jan 2022.....but only got this far...???                 Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information) .????‍♀️????

8 hours ago, TC17 said:

As day 4 comes to an end, still no word.  What is the experience of others?  How long is a response taking for you?  I applied Nov. 1 and my flight is Nov. 12. 

I recd an acknowledgement of my application. I fly next week. I put a lot of effort and money into this. Thailand is my home but covid has kept me out for 20 months.

It is a laborious and expensive procedure for us "tourists" and it must be the same for the embassy. I wouldn't imagine many authentic tourists would bother.

Edited by cape

42 minutes ago, oscarsmum said:

I’m in Australia. No ptoblem with link or info. 

You are missing the point, in Thailand if you want to travel out for a vacation and  then get back it would be nice to have the "pass" in hand before you left so as to not have to wait around somewhere waiting on the the "pass".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Enzian said:

If this keeps up word will get around the internet and genuine tourists will stop trying, which might be good for me when I have to attempt it in 3 or 4 weeks.

And what's that bit about "external interferences"? Is this something like those authoritarian countries that say all their problems are caused by outside agitators and foreign troublemaking?

More likely it's a combination of:

Infighting between the various departments as to who should get the lions share of all the profits,

and

Countries who confuse their system by not putting their own nationals passport numbers on the vaccination certificates (like why would they? You go toyour GP or hospital for a tetanus jab you don't have to carry your passport!) and those countries giving their residents the single dose J&J which the Thai designers of the software forgot to account for.

5 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

I seem to recollect very similar words about pretty much every App that has been produced since this plague first started...!!! They just don't seem to be able to get things right before throwing it out to the public. Only in Thailand!

The IT team leading the development of the apps no doubt did their internship at the Windows R&D wing. "Bang it out quick and don't debug it first. That way we only have to send out upgrades to debug problems when someone finds them, which means less work for us andmore money for the elites."

The frustration over the complete incompetence of the Thai government is worldwide meanwhile. 

65,000 need an approval (based on what do the foreign ministry staff decide if a traveller is healthy or not - looking into the Somtam mortar?) and 12,000 were OKed. 

I just wait for Prayuth and his cronies to face the music next year, when Khon Thai will have realized, that those 40 million tourists will simply not resurface within the next few years. The government's reply will be "we cannot do more than open the country" and Anutin, the health ministry sweetheart will top it up and ask "what more do these dirty farang want?". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is almost a luxury problem for Thai authorities.

Their system can not handle this many applications.

Approvals done by persons. So I suggest: open a big can of extra personnel.

And GUARANTEE!! that handling is 110% done within 5 days.

They like our money, so come on, be customer friendly.

Test and Go hotel packages are non-refundable. 

Who like to take the risk to lose money?

I already do not like that I must have booked and paid hotel booking in advance before even having the permission to go to Thailand.  Because this includes a financial risk.

Proof of having health insurance should be enough to get approval from Thai Pass.

Immigration at Bangkok airport can check if person has been vaccinated or not as well as the relevant quarantine hotel booking.

Thai authorities must confront and solve this problem fast and adequately.

Edited by toho
adapting text
  • Like 1