Masks

DIKTHAI

On 11/5/2021 at 11:24 AM, vinci said:

on the same matter, does the mask in car if more than 2 people still in effect or its over, my wife keep pushing me to wear mask in car if caught we can be fine, getting very annoying 

Just wear it around your neck like so many walking around outside, and ready to wear necessary and sensible (close contact with others outside or inside malls etc.), or if stopped by the police. ....No sweat, except a bit around your neck!

Ive had no problem with this in 5 weeks here in Phuket and now in Esaan areas. Some, especially young people, also not wearing at all in the suburbs, backstreets etc.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Yes and I don’t expect it to go away anytime soon. I haven’t seen anyone not wearing their masks when walking around Bangkok. A few have it under their chin, but not many 

"....under their chin, but not many" I call that position "the low-ready". Ready to lift your mask whenever entering somewhere that requires a mask or if you see a policeman approaching. 

I do my sunset walk in the mooban where I've lived for 30 years. Maskless. I don't see many people in the open air. Everybody is more than two metres apart. Thais are about 70% masked.

Nonetheless, I was accosted a few days ago over masks. And today threatened by a busybody with police.

I wear a mask outside our mooban & indoors in public. Common sense.

Hooliganism either way is not very polite.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I do my sunset walk in the mooban where I've lived for 30 years. Maskless. I don't see many people in the open air. Everybody is more than two metres apart. Thais are about 70% masked.

Nonetheless, I was accosted a few days ago over masks. And today threatened by a busybody with police.

I wear a mask outside our mooban & indoors in public. Common sense.

Hooliganism either way is not very polite.

Was the sanctimonious busy body Thai or Western ???

It seems quite surprising that a Thai would go up to a stranger and start telling them what to do, whereas, I can see a jumped up neurotic westerner thinking they have the right to tell other westerners what to do - especially in some areas... 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, falang07 said:

so you still believe the <deleted> about asymptomatic carriers, well, I wish you a happy fearful life ???? as for me, if I am sick with the flu, I definitely know it and stay in the bed. If I am feeling healthy, I go out and breathe freely. And man, forget about me getting a vaccine to save you, it does not work that way either, the media is lying to you. 

It must be WONDERFUL knowing more than scientists around the world.

• Like 2

Post with short link removed !

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed. No shortened version urls or affiliate links permitted.

10 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

WRONG...Wearing a face mask is compulsory in all vehicles carrying more than one person in Bangkok, City Hall said on Monday.

City Clerk Silapasuai Rawisaengsun confirmed the requirement, part of measures by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to contain the coronavirus outbreak.

If there is more than one person in the vehicle, the driver and passengers must wear masks, she said. This applies even if they are of the same family.   Bangkok Post  Really???    The mother of misinformation! 555

I'm guessing it was 'good intention' for taxi drivers, but they could have worded it better, just for that.

It also, to my knowledge, is not enforced on families driving around.   Sit here to be correct, but have not heard or read anything to the contrary, and driven past a few PoPo without masks on, when driving with the wife.

Edited by KhunLA

In terms of central Bangkok I see no evidence of mask wearing enforcement whatsoever, particularly towards foreigners.  It's pretty common to see western dopes doing the chin-diaper thing in malls/BTS, cowering behind their face for 2 seconds when encountering scrawny 19 year-old security guards...then boldly declaring "I'm not going to live in fear" in internet forums.

• Confused 1

As I understand it its enforced to use mask in a car if you are more than one person even if you are all family and the reason is that how can the police know if you are family or not. If they have a check point for mask wearing they would need to stop all cars where people do not use masks, and then ask how people in the car is related. Better just need to stop the cars with no masks that is breaking the rules. 

I also see many driving with no mask, then if they se a police they temporarily take the mask on.

2 hours ago, Someone Else said:

In terms of central Bangkok I see no evidence of mask wearing enforcement whatsoever, particularly towards foreigners.  It's pretty common to see western dopes doing the chin-diaper thing in malls/BTS, cowering behind their face for 2 seconds when encountering scrawny 19 year-old security guards...then boldly declaring "I'm not going to live in fear" in internet forums.

Mask wearing in Bangkok is enforced in the same way as temperature checks and registering before you enter a store, mall, restaurant etc.  In other words, it isn't!

• Confused 1

I have been pedaling my e-bike everyday around my village without a mask since Covid 19 started. The Department of Health advised against wearing a face mask when exercising. You are not getting enough oxygen into your lungs and heart, so your body has to work harder, which is more dangerous. When you do outdoor exercises, try to maintain at least six feet or 2 meters of distance between you and other people.

Source: Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health, https://bit.ly/2zfcBuo

Edited by kiteman9
because I can

A copy and paste from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum