Have you been afraid of Covid-19 in the past 1.5 years?

peter zwart

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, I'm sure you read it very carefully. 

Next ... 

Did you, or just the headline.  No published peer review.  No #s in any publish / peer reviewed case study, along with 'estimates'.  One study (at bottom) still not peer review, all of about 1400 people, and 'some', symptoms for couple months.  That's 'long haul'  

I've had a bad back for 45 yrs  ... that's lone haul.  Residual nerve pain from shingles for about 10 yrs, that's long haul. 

Cancer patients would love 97% recovery rate, with long haul symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

Did you, or just the headline.  No published peer review.  No #s in any publish / peer reviewed case study, along with 'estimates'.  One study (at bottom) still not peer review, all of about 1400 people, and 'some', symptoms for couple months.  That's 'long haul'  

I've had a bad back for 45 yrs  ... that's lone haul.  Residual nerve pain from shingles for about 10 yrs, that's long haul. 

Cancer patients would love 97% recovery rate, with long haul symptoms.

You don't spread cancer by breathing and talking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afraid is a loaded word.

Especially men don't want to admit fear as it shows weakness and men are conditioned to project machismo. 

Boy don't cry, ha ha.

It's rational for humans to seek pleasure and try to avoid pain and death.

Personally I was extremely anxious for the many months that I was struggling to get vaccinated as I'm high risk if infected. That is lessened now after my second dose but understand that vaccinations greatly help to reduce risks (for a certain time span) but do not eliminate them. We don't know yet about how long protection lasts with boosters.

Bottom line. Call it fear or run from the word.

In any case, you really don't want Covid-19.

You may think you're young and healthy and won't have a bad case or not have long term health damage. You do not KNOW that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You don't spread cancer by breathing and talking.

Thread topic ... 'are you afraid of C19'

I go for my yearly health check up, please tell me I have covid, not cancer.

97+% recovery rate, making it the least of my health concerns ... nuff said

• Like 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

Nuff said by you that clearly has an agenda to project. 

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

All that tells me is the seasonal flu isn't much to worry about.  So less than 2 or 3% die of that.  Sounds like a good thing.  Apples & oranges.

I don't understand the reply. 2 -3% die from what? 

IMO , it is not that the flu is not bad. When I was in the US I always got a flu shot in the Fall . For elderly people the flu can be a problem.

It is that Covid19 is a lot worst. 

Did any of us hear af people being intubated because of the Flu? I am sure some did . but it was rare enough not to even talk about it. 

I wish people stop all this nonsense. and do the right thing and get vaccinated so our lives can get back to normal again.

And don't worry , we all had vaccines and have tracking devices in us already, but it's not the goverment that is doing it, it is the lizard people from the planet Melmar.???? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Have any stats or a link to info ?

My stats are easy to calculate.  Most don't die from covid, and many never knew they had it till randomly tested.  

If you believe "most" and "many" are meaningful terms in statistics, your opinions about the validity of scientific research are more or less worthless.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, there are "overwhelming reports" that excess mortality figures exceeds reported covid deaths.

Given the data collection, and reporting in some countrie, it is reported by reputable sources that the death count could be a much as three times higher than the official count. 

"Real COVID-19 death toll could be 'two to three' times above official stats: WHO "

https://www.reuters.com/world/covid-19-death-tolls-are-likely-significant-undercount-who-says-2021-05-21/

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, meechai said:

Of course not I'm afraid of Covid but the insane people that are scare me quite a bit with their lack of reason & logic.

They never seem to realize what pawns they have been & how they have driven a wedge thru society

I guess all those unvaccinated covid atients who overrun hospitals are pawns too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I guess all those unvaccinated covid atients who overrun hospitals are pawns too?

Unfortunately, to a degree they are, Smart sociopathic players like trump and others are using their stupidity for their own political gain. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

The Ioannidis study was updated in May or June this year but I can't find that in English. I could provide much more in German, but that is not allowed here.

An older study does not mean automaticly that it is outdated.

Has Loannidis updated his prediction that COVID-19 would kill 10,000 Americans?

It is this early gaff that he used as the basis for his ‘advice’ and the views he expressed on the response to the Pandemic. 

Over 752,000 deaths so far and still counting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

As usual, your source for news is suspect.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12387961/

Estimates of 5-year, 10-year, 15-year, and 20-year relative survival rates for all types of cancer were 63%, 57%, 53%, and 51%, respectively, by period analysis.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

it is the lizard people from the planet Melmar.???? 

If it is the planet Mallomar [sp?] then I am ready to go... those marshmallow and cracker cookies covered in dark chocolate that I grew up with... do they still have those in USA?

As for the question - I am old enough I am more worried about losing time in semi-isolation in my tarnished golden years than dying of covid... I am worried about infecting others, young family members in particular... enough so to keep my contacts limited. Covid is real, airborne, and it ain't the flu. 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

18 hours ago, peter zwart said:

Many platforms are writing about the situation with Covid-19 and readers are responding to it. One does not take it so closely and the other is very scared. Fear, misunderstanding, anger and even aggression can be found in many reactions. What has Covid done to your state of mind?

nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

If it is the planet Mallomar [sp?] then I am ready to go... those marshmallow and cracker cookies covered in dark chocolate that I grew up with... do they still have those in USA?

As for the question - I am old enough I am more worried about losing time in semi-isolation in my tarnished golden years than dying of covid... I am worried about infecting others, young family members in particular... enough so to keep my contacts limited. Covid is real, airborne, and it ain't the flu. 

same thing here my friend.

I am 65 year old, but my brother, with whom I am very close. is ten years older than be. I dont have many years left and he even less, I have not seen him in 4 years.???? 

Not 1 little iota. The numbers speak volumes. Recovery rate is HIGH. Over 90%. More like 97%. I had it over a year ago. Was like mild flu. Slight fever, body ache, felt a bit run down/low energy. After a couple days felt about 90% and 100% after a week. I'm slim, fit and healthy. Exercise and eat well. Vegan for 31 of my 61 years. Wasn't afraid of it ever. Not for a nanosecond. Not before having it, not white having it and not now.

Of course there are certain demographics whom should be afraid. Namely the obese. Followed by elderly with underlying conditions. The countries with the highest severe cases and deaths are the fattest. 

Nearly 8 BILLION humans and 5 million deaths = 0.0625% that's  .0625 of ONE PERCENT. 

Get vaxed, drop a few kilos and get on with living! 

A life lived in fear is a life not lived.

The CDC published a report that 73 percent of deceased COVID-19 patients had obesity or were overweight.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/commentary/story/2021-07-29/obesity-covid-19-ted-hilton

• Like 2