Thais cautiously welcome international travel

webfact

9 hours ago, khunpa said:

Making restrictions for vaccinated people is just plain stupid as they are not the problem.

The problem is all the people refusing the vaccine and thereby delaying any progress back to “normal” life.

So make sure everybody has access to vaccines. Open the country up fully for those who are vaccinated and enforce strict measures for those who refuse. Let them live with the restrictions, until they wake up and get smarter. It is simply the only way forward.

This perfectly modified virus is not going away and we our only way back to a somewhat normal life is the vaccines.

And then at some point, bring out the calculator, make sure especially China, but also USA receives an invoice for all the trouble and that they both stop playing around with (and stop funding) corona virus development in the future.

Just leave the damn bats alone!!!!!

So you want a 2 tier society for people with the jab and without?  Should the dirty disease spreading unvaxxed be put in camps until they wake up and get smarter?  Do you have the spine to go and force someone to take an injection or will you hide behind the powers of the state to force someone to do it?  I think you will hide like a worm. What about the million plus that have had covid and recovered?  They should get the jab also or live in your camps?  What about the “break through” cases of jabbed people that catch covid and then spread it. They are not adding to the problem?  I will be waiting for you to personally come and stick a needle in my arm, I don’t think it will go well for one of us. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, maddox41 said:

I laugh ???? when the Thai media bangs on about the big spending Chinese  bullsh.. 

They dont spend they by one big gift to give the family and go the  free holiday route all run and  operated  by dodgy Thai government officials and the 1% of thai wealthy families blah blah 

Fact the biggest spending tourist  in Thailand is the wait for it the good old American ???????? Not the peasant mainland Chinese... That go tp 7/11 and spend 500 b maybe TAT gets their figures from CPALL ???? 

I remember the Chinese tourists swarming the Max Value store on Ratchadapisek road in Suttishan at 8 PM because that's when they marked down the prepared meal items for the day. Almost lost an arm as they dove in head first. I guess that's how they save for those big spending sprees ?

15 minutes ago, tonray said:

I remember the Chinese tourists swarming the Max Value store on Ratchadapisek road in Suttishan at 8 PM because that's when they marked down the prepared meal items for the day. Almost lost an arm as they dove in head first. I guess that's how they save for those big spending sprees ?

So you were there for the marked down items too. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, henry213 said:

"Foreigners cautiosly enter dirty Thailand" thats how it should read. 

I rather do not dare to paste here some pictures from UK and/or Florida... (BTW, how many showers do people have there within a month?)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Some boldness is required, on the part of the overly timid guys in charge here, and the Thai people. The situation in Thailand is not getting any better. Let's face it. The danger is from within. It is not the scary foreigners who are threatening Thailand, but rather the scary locals, especially those from Bangkok. Of the 1,000's who have arrived so far, 7 have tested positive for Covid. 

So, let's man up why don't we? And start performing your job. Which is to man the roadblocks, and forbid the Zombies from leaving Bangkok for the next few weeks. And start locking up the super corrupt "Prayuth immigration men" on the borders. 

Then, and only then the numbers can be brought under control, and then you can start to attempt to revive the tourism industry, which has endured an unprecedented degree of sabotage. And let us not forget what it is that the international tourists are coming to visit. A near apocalyptic level of devastation, little to no nightlife, draconian restrictions on having a beer or glass of wine with dinner, and alot of other childish nonsense. 

BKK has been the key from the beginning. An overwhelming percentage of all surges originate and circulate within the greater BKK Metro, where larger sections of the populations don't practice protocol measures and the like. 

At least the provinces are doing their part by keeping the numbers way down - largely a societal and lifestyle thing. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait, you mean the world outside of Thailand is not opened up to travel.  Lets see Singapore - Yes opened, Cambodia - Yes opened but limited, Vietnam - Yes opened but limited. Malaysia - Yes Opened, Laos - Yes opened but limted, Indonesia - Yes opened but with limitations.

Appears that SE Asia is open for travel but you must be vaccinated and meet the requirements........looks like they have not been told the other countries are open, but then as I said you need to be vaccinated and meet the requirements each has.

Is there a link to an article that says these countries are opened and when?

No lack of self-confidence here with "Thais cautiously welcome"

Nothing further from the reality; the dirty farang decided to go elsewhere and most of the arrivals are returning for work or family reunion reasons. Holidays are cheaper, and much easier accessible than the land of the semi-divine Thais. 

As Hitler galvanised the hatred of Jews throughout the Reich, so did Prayut Chan-o-cha and his henchmen galvanise the dislike and suspicion of foreigners. 

Is it any wonder that dual pricing is widely accepted as fair play.

It is based on a rocksolid foundation of disrespect and now endorced by the courts as "good for the country".

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sadly there does seem to be an influx of new faces in and around Nana...........all rather loud, arrogant and cocky  from......best not say.

The Arab countries?

Just curious. I was astounded when I was in Nana by accident three years ago (I walk a lot and was passing through to another part of town.)

7 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

BKK has been the key from the beginning. An overwhelming percentage of all surges originate and circulate within the greater BKK Metro, where larger sections of the populations don't practice protocol measures and the like. 

At least the provinces are doing their part by keeping the numbers way down - largely a societal and lifestyle thing. 

You must live in a "preserved" area of Bkk or not here at all, as, where I live  (centre of the Capital )....it is simply paranoia between the box of masks attached to the ears and the distance between two persons which is greater than the recommended one  and even greater when  the Somchai Doe "crosses" the path of a non National.

You also seem to forget the cases brought in from the North and North East by someThai people.

As fro keeping the numbers down I would agree with you if anyone could come up with verifiable numbers and context

No offense meant and not looking for a spat ???? 

5 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

The Arab countries?

Just curious. I was astounded when I was in Nana by accident three years ago (I walk a lot and was passing through to another part of town.)

The same happened to me when I found myself, by accident in Yaowarat ( I thought I was in Beijing) and then, a few hours later was flown to Tel Aviv, I mean Khao San, before landing in Seou l/ sukhumvit ....???? 

10 hours ago, Midwit said:

So you want a 2 tier society for people with the jab and without?  Should the dirty disease spreading unvaxxed be put in camps until they wake up and get smarter?

Perhaps... it happened with smokers but isn't a completed project yet. 

16 hours ago, maddox41 said:

I laugh ???? when the Thai media bangs on about the big spending Chinese  bullsh.. 

They dont spend they by one big gift to give the family and go the  free holiday route all run and  operated  by dodgy Thai government officials and the 1% of thai wealthy families blah blah 

Fact the biggest spending tourist  in Thailand is the wait for it the good old American ???????? Not the peasant mainland Chinese... That go tp 7/11 and spend 500 b maybe TAT gets their figures from CPALL ???? 

I agree. I never see Chinese tourists  building homes in the villages or cities in rural parts of Thailand. Glad to see that flag waving crowd (along with bus traffic) go 

8 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

so did Prayut Chan-o-cha and his henchmen galvanise the dislike and suspicion of foreigners. 

Is it any wonder that dual pricing is widely accepted as fair play.

It has never been before with the former kind leaders democratically elected, has it? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

The Arab countries?

Can't say....I was banned last time I identified a nationality.

• Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Only the stupid pay more than they have to.

I would have to confess I am guilty of that and admit to a degree of stupidity......BUT, shelling out for first class, executive suites, private dining etc does keep the riff riff at bay.

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Only the stupid pay more than they have to.

If you can afford it and your not skint they why not spend what you have. After all you can't take it with you when you move on after death now can you.

Edited by ThailandRyan

On 11/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Wait, you mean the world outside of Thailand is not opened up to travel.  Lets see Singapore - Yes opened, Cambodia - Yes opened but limited, Vietnam - Yes opened but limited. Malaysia - Yes Opened, Laos - Yes opened but limted, Indonesia - Yes opened but with limitations.

Appears that SE Asia is open for travel but you must be vaccinated and meet the requirements........looks like they have not been told the other countries are open, but then as I said you need to be vaccinated and meet the requirements each has.

I think this is because very little geography is taught in schools. I have a world globe and I have asked many Thai's to show me a certain country and they had a lot of trouble doing so. Even to find Thailand was difficult for them. Only Thailand exists to many, as this is their world ,this is there home.

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you can afford it and your not skint they why not spend what you have. After all you can't take it with you when you move on after death now can you.

But one can pass it on to the next of kin and the broader community, where a sort of kharma effect kicks in. 

Or not.