Covid extension rules

I am due to extend my 60 day Covid extension in December, but I will be in Chiang Mai on holiday.

Will I be able to extend in Chiang Mai, using my airbnb as an address?

Or is there any other way around it that will not need me to return to the province where I live?

The last day to apply is currently November 26th, if it will be extended has to be seen.

If you get the TM30 receipt from your landlord you can apply in Chiang Mai. But they will give you a 14 days "under consideration" stamp, after which you have to go to Chiang Mai immigration again to get the actual extension stamp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I thought deadline would depend on the stamp in your passport. Mine is in December.

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I thought deadline would depend on the stamp in your passport. Mine is in December.

I hope someone here can clear this up for you , because I am almost positive the deadline is sometime this month , and they have not as yet decided to extend another round of covid extensions.

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You mean your extension ends Dec. Which date.

Currently covid extensions will cease to be issued after Nov 27.

Many think their issue will be continued.

You could try and obtain a new 60 day covid extension just prior to Nov 27. 

That 60 day extension should commence when  your current permit expires

Just now, DrJack54 said:

You could try and obtain a new 60 day covid extension just prior to Nov 27. 

That 60 day extension should commence when  your current permit expires

But can I get an extension in CM, even though usually I don't stay there?

Just now, RickG16 said:

Yes you would need a TM30.

If staying at hotel ask them to give you screenshot of the filing of TM30 and take that with you to CM immigration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I'm staying at an airbnb........

Ask owner to file a TM30.

If refuses then you could stay a night in hotel prior to attending immigration. Obviously you would check with them that they can and will register a TM30.

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I know what the TM30 form is, but what is a TM30 recepit?

The lower part of the TM30 form which they give you back. Or in case the TM30 is done online, a screenshot of the successful submission.

19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It doesn't matter where you usually stay. If you stay at CM when your extension is due you are supposed to apply there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ask owner to file a TM30.

If refuses then you could stay a night in hotel prior to attending immigration. Obviously you would check with them that they can and will register a TM30.

I think this is the best plan. Thanks

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

6th 

Perfect. Make sure you attend immigration prior to Nov 27. Perhaps Monday 22 and obtain new covid extension. Starting from Dec 7 should take you through till early February.

If they extend the availability of covid extensions (they will) you could do same thing late Jan for another extension. 

• Like 1

What box are people checking on the 60 day COVID extension affidavit?  If your home country is currently considered "safer" than Thailand, with respect to COVID, does that rule out checking box 1?  What criteria is immigration using to consider box 1 a valid justification?

If people are checking "Other", what justification are they providing?

Thanks in advance...

59 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

No, it will start from the application date.

i went to jomtien immigration 10 days ago. my stv visa expires on november 29th. they gave me the documents for the covid extension and told me to come back 15 days before my visa expired.
if i go immigration on november 15th, will my 60 day covid extension end on january 15th?

3 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

What box are people checking on the 60 day COVID extension affidavit?  If your home country is currently considered "safer" than Thailand, with respect to COVID, does that rule out checking box 1?  What criteria is immigration using to consider box 1 a valid justification?

Thanks in advance...

They don't really care what boxes you check. I usually check all the boxes except "No return flights available".

2 hours ago, Beandrops said:

How many times have covid extensions been extended? And how long before the end date of the extension did they announce that it would be extended in each time? 

I have the same question.   My guess is that there's no limit since I haven't heard of anyone being denied.  But I could be wrong on that.  

7 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

Thanks in advance...

The box which says "my embassy isn't providing the letter" (or something like that), which is actually the truth.

2 hours ago, Beandrops said:

How many times have covid extensions been extended? And how long before the end date of the extension did they announce that it would be extended in each time? 

If I remember correctly they started in August last year,  so should be 7 or 8 times now?

The announcements were usually just a few days in advance.