A nightmare - testing positive on arrival in Thailand

anchadian

On 11/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, Danderman123 said:

I am waiting on the results of last night's Covid test to be released by my hotel into the wild. I know the odds of a false positive are about 1 in a 1000, but some people do win the lottery with even lower odds. 

Well, looking at the time you posted, you’ve either been locked away without internet or you went straight out on the tiles to decompress and are now sleeping it off !!! 

10 hours ago, Sharp said:

Good advice but not going to help much if the persons beside you have not been so dilligent and tests positive and your locked up for close contact monitoring 

Try and upgrade to business at the airport. Right now airlines might accept as little as 300-500US$ for a one-way upgrade. If you do not want to spend the money, try and ask the airline to seat you as far away from others as possible. Get written assurances that you will be the only person in the transport provided by your hotel. I know my response is not possible for everyone but I am merely offering solutions to problems.

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

How does that protect you, when the person next to you on the flight or taxi ride to hotel tests positive, and you are whisked away for your overpriced, 2 week, unnecessary private hospital stay ?

That your insurance may, or may not cover the expense of.

As I posted before. AXA insurance will cover any medical bill incurred if you are sent to hospital quarantine due to proximity. They will also pay for the extra PCR tests you will have to take. They will not cover you for any additional stay in an AQ hotel though. Please see conformation I got from them the other day.

I have also had confirmation from them that you are covered for asymptomatic covid+

Screenshot_20211112-111257_LINE.jpg

Screenshot_20211112-111314_LINE.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well, looking at the time you posted, you’ve either been locked away without internet or you went straight out on the tiles to decompress and are now sleeping it off !!! 

My hotel didn’t bother to tell me the results of my Covid test until I pinged them about lunch.

Everything okay.

"AXA insurance will cover any medical bill incurred if you are sent to hospital quarantine due to proximity. "????

That's 1 company ... any others ?

I did state ... "That your insurance may, or may not cover the expense of."  As read news-blip of ins co. not covering.????

Edited by KhunLA